Baby Names

Baby names help! Suggestions wanted!

madipaygemadipayge member
edited November 2016 in Baby Names
hey mamas-

I'm trying to decide between some names for my baby. We aren't sure if it's a boy or a girl yet, but here are our top few: 
(PLEASE no negative comments, I know not everyone will love these names. Just need some positive opinions, and suggestions totally welcome) 

Girl:

-Freyja 
-Beatrice 
-Sequoia 
-Iylah (eye-la) 

Boy:
(Middle name would be Michael after my father who passed away and my SO father)

-Sebastian 
-Oslo
-Arlow
-Soren 

Big sister's name is Samirah! 
xxx 
thanks mamas! 

Re: Baby names help! Suggestions wanted!

• For your girls I really like Freyja and Beatrice. Suggesting:

Odette
    Simone
    Florence
    Clara
    Harriet

For boys like Oslo. I would probably like Sebastian, however, the name is ruined for me. Suggesting:

Lauchlan
    Casper
    Vincent
    Fabian
    Tobias
  • Beatrice and Sebastian are nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like your last girl name a lot, but I have only seen it spelled Isla. I think it is beautiful!

Suggesting-
    Anja (j sounds like y, just like in Freja)
    Kenna

For boys, I like Soren and Sebastian best.

Suggesting-
    Otto
    Nicholai
    Tobias
  • Love Beatrice & Arlo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • juliebleujuliebleu member
    edited November 2016
    I love all those names! And am partial to Sequoia (a favorite tree of mine) and Arlow (sucker for a boys name with an O ending vowel sound.) Oslo reminds me of something from history that I can't quite put mu finger on and can't remember if something good or bad is associated with it.

anyway...

Beatrice made me think of the one from Much Ado About Nothing which made me think of Hero (girls name)- from the same play,  which then made me think of the greek myth and Hero's lover Leander (boys name)

Edit: Google is my friend- Oslo Peace accords from the '90s where they tried to broker an agreement between Israel and Palestine... how that turned out is a matter of opinion or perhaps perspective, methinks.
  • I like Beatrice. I do honestly prefer Isla as the spelling for Iylah. One reason being that it looks like Lilah with a lowercase L. 

Boys I prefer Arlow and Sebastian. Not sure if it's what you're thinking of @DsMom but Oslo is the capital of Norway. Not really a positive or negative connotation other than it's similar to naming a kid London or Paris (both of which have been done but are NMS). 
  • I actually know a little girl named Sequoia and I find it absolutely adorable on a child. I think your other girl names are solid choices as well. I also have only seen it spelled Isla.

Your boy names are also solid, except for Oslo. I would associate it as the capital of Norway and want to ask, "Is the city significant to you?"
  • I think Sequoia is a little too matchy with your DD's name, Samirah.  I like the other girl names, but would spell the last one Isla.

The boy names are all good, but Sebastian is also a liiiiiittle matchy with Samirah in my opinion.  Unless you are into matchy sibsets at least.

• kimikimikimikimi member
    edited November 2016
    Suggesting:
    Layla, Paloma, Alexandra, Camille, Arielle, Maya, Iris, Rayna, Athena

Micah, Gabriel, Isaac, Marius, Miles, Damian

• Edit above: I hit post accidentally before finishing thinking. I like Freyja & Sebastian of your list. 
  • Freya and Arlo. 
  • I like Iylah, it's so unique!
  • I like Beatrice and Sebastian and Arlo but without the "w"
  • Freya and Soren are my favorites. 
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • My vote for girl is Iylah. I like that name, but my hubby does not. I was going to leave off the h though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Sequoia and Soren

suggestions
    gabriel
    odessa
    colette

• Love Sebastian and Arlow. I would personally go with Sebastian if my husband hadn't disliked it so much. Arlo is getting a bit popular as well so my pick would be Sebastian. Not much of an opinion on your girls names although Ilya is pretty. 
  • Arlo, Freya, Isla. Much prefer these spellings. 
  • Isla and Sebastian
  • edited March 2017
    Zombie.
  • Zombie.
    Listened to this song today. Love it.  :p

• bbiutmcph said:
    Zombie.
    Listened to this song today. Love it.  :p
    IT'S IN YOUR HEEAAAADDDD, IN YOUR HEEEEAAAAAAAAAAD. ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOOOOOOM BAY BAY BAYY