Baby Names

Which name do internet strangers prefer?

babymama619babymama619 member
edited November 2016 in Baby Names
MN is non-negotiable, family name. 

Which name do internet strangers prefer? 117 votes

Margaret Faith
86% 101 votes
Adamma Faith
0% 1 vote
No thanks to either.
12% 15 votes

Re: Which name do internet strangers prefer?

• How do you say Adamma?
  • I don't know if it's intentional but Adamma is 1 letter off from a not subtle battlestar galactica reference. My husband and I are sci fi nerds for sure but not THAT committed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    edited November 2016
    Never heard of Adamma, but I love Margaret nn Maggie
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • All soft a sounds. I never heard it until a few years ago when I met one of my now friends. I floated it with family yesterday and got similar feedback. I have ABSOLUTELY no battle star galactica information in my head, so definitely not a reference there. 

• Choose whatever you and your SO prefer, but the second name did not receive any votes and it likely has to do with it being unusual and difficult to imagine how to pronounce. 
  • I would definitely go with Margaret. When I read Adamma I said it like Uh-damn-uh. All I can hear is the damn part. I'm guessing it would be mispronounced like that often.
  • I love Battlestar Galactica, but I would definitely go with Margaret when naming a baby.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Upon searching Adamma all I can find about it is that it is a tribal (Igbo) Nigerian name. I probably would not use it unless I had ties to that culture.

I also think that Margaret Faith has a better flow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker