February 2017 Moms

GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL - ***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

MrsDramaKMrsDramaK member
edited November 2016 in February 2017 Moms
So, let's not cram the weekly randoms with Gilmore Gab (see what I did there?)

Also, NO ONE POST THE FINAL FOUR WORDS cause it's rude, yeah?

#TeamLogan
 Me: 27 | DH: 28
TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL - ***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

• SO EXCITED FOR THIS !
  • I thought I was so smart for volunteering to work black Friday so that I could guarantee thanksgiving and Christmas off, but now I realized that I'm missing a full day that I could be binge watching the revival!! :(
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think this actually a #team, but I am #teammarty - Rory never gave that guy a chance and he was really sweet/fun/cool/generous.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I literally took the day off to watch the whole thing.  6 hours of pure, unadulterated happiness  :D

Also Logan is in 4 episodes and Jess is in three and apparently Dean is in one, so safe to say Dean is not end game which is good cause he was the worst.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    I literally took the day off to watch the whole thing.  6 hours of pure, unadulterated happiness  :D

Also Logan is in 4 episodes and Jess is in three and apparently Dean is in one, so safe to say Dean is not end game which is good cause he was the worst.
    He is the worst for Rory, sure. And hopefully he grew the heck up in general! JP is busy with Supernatural anyway, he can't be marrying Gilmores. :)

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Dean and Rory's relationship is all tainted and makes me feel dirty. I definitely can't see them ending up together.
  • I don't think this actually a #team, but I am #teammarty - Rory never gave that guy a chance and he was really sweet/fun/cool/generous.
    Marty pissed me off! He never told Rory how he felt and then he gave her the cold shoulder when she didn't feel the same way abt him. THEN Rory had found some  new friends and he acted like he'd never met her and ruined that friendship. He was an entitled jerk. (as in he felt entitled to her affection and punished her when she just wanted to be friends.)

That being said, he had legit reasons to hate Logan and Rory didn't handle things with him well.
    Marty pissed me off! He never told Rory how he felt and then he gave her the cold shoulder when she didn't feel the same way abt him. THEN Rory had found some  new friends and he acted like he'd never met her and ruined that friendship. He was an entitled jerk. (as in he felt entitled to her affection and punished her when she just wanted to be friends.)

That being said, he had legit reasons to hate Logan and Rory didn't handle things with him well.
    I agree on the Marty being entitled.  He wanted Rory to magically know he wanted to be more then friends without him every saying it ever.  And what he did by pretending he didn't know her was so so stupid.  And yes Logan definitely had the rich boy entitlement thing down and Marty took the brunt of that, but Logan did make an effort after he started dating Rory and Marty was never willing to just let things go.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with marty being a dick. Team jess over here if he grew up but i was also heartbroken for logan when rory just rejected him. 

I cannot wait to see whats going on but worried it just wont be the same
  • We've been doing a full-series rewatch and it has really changed my mind about some things. I realized that even though I felt like I'd seen the whole series, I had basically skipped the season where she's a junior at Yale, so I missed the fact that Jess had totally turned his life around. When we had our last GG convo here I was flabbergasted that so many of you were rooting for Jess still, but I'm very much #teamjess now that I'm caught up.

I loved Dean when I watched the show in HS (I am exactly Rory's age and school year) but as an adult, he came off as possessive, clingy, insecure, and an overall loser. My opinion of Logan has also gone downhill. Since he ended up kind of likable I forgot how may awful things he did along the way. I'm much more invested in Luke and Lorelei than any of Rory's guys overall. They better have that end well!
  • @Xstatic3333 I'm so worried Luke and Loreli will have marriage problems!
  • @Gretchypoo the trailer kind of implies that they will, but I'm hoping they work through it. The goal of this whole revival is to please the fans, and I don't think they would cause a Black Friday riot by breaking them up unnecessarily.
  • @Gretchypoo the trailer kind of implies that they will, but I'm hoping they work through it. The goal of this whole revival is to please the fans, and I don't think they would cause a Black Friday riot by breaking them up unnecessarily.
    That was my thought too. I had kind of hoped they'd have a kid of their own. And I want to know if we will see April!!
  • Is anyone else a little disturbed by how much work lauren graham has had done? It kinda freaks me out a little
    That was my thought too. I had kind of hoped they'd have a kid of their own. And I want to know if we will see April!!
    Vanessa Marano who plays April has been confirmed for the revival
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My stupid kids are home Friday, so I can't sit and watch it straight through.   I am either Team Logan or Team Jess but Deanna was a weird relationship and would never work out.  
    I will probably have to watch slowly,  so I might have to avoid this thread until I finish it.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FRIDAAAAYYYYY!!!!
    I'm also planning to order massive amounts of asian food for said day because eating leftover Thanksgiving food while watching Gilmore Girls just doesn't seem correct in my mind...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #teamLogan all the way.  He was pretty immature at first but I feel like he grew up by the end.  Dean was the worst...so clingy, jealous, possessive, needy.  Ugh.  And I couldn't stand that Jess was always effing with Rory's emotions.  He was no good for her.  But I feel like he'll be mature now and could possibly be a good match.

I'm so so excited for this!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am soooo team Logan! I loved Dean for Rory when they were young love the first time, but they completely killed it for me with the entire cheating on his wife thing.

Grown up Jess was also a good potential choice, but I don't think he was meant for her; they just needed him as a catalyst at that moment to show her how lost she was.

Logan screwed up a lot, yes. However, he and Rory pushed each other in good ways in the long run, which is why I'm team Logan. Also "You jump I jump Jack" is my favorite GG episode of all time.

On the Lorelai/Luke front, I am hopijg they are married with a kid, but I still expect them to have a somewhat rocky relationship. That was just always part of their dynamic. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I need to rewatch the whole thing.  I watched it when it came out but i can't for the life of me remember the details.  Operation Thanksgiving Break:  GILMORE  
  • @MLRocha i started in september to ready for this weekend!
  • MLRocha said:
    I started re-watching at Season 1 yesterday...  Realized that there are 22+ episodes at 40+ minutes a piece and was like...  

I'll never make it by Friday.
    Had the same thought this weekend so just started from You Jump I Jump Jack and figured that'd be good enough.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so excited for the revival. I have all the DVDs so last year my husband and I were looking for something to watch and I suggested Gilmore Girls. He laughed but he acquiesced. He ended up LOVING it. He is so excited to watch it as well. 

We are both Team Logan. I just can't stand Jess. True, he turned his life around and totally pulled Rory out of her annoying funk/feud with her mom, but I don't feel that is redeeming enough to be worthy of her. Logan also was a jerk, but he grew up and pushed Rory to be a better person. Rory also pushed Logan to grow up and be better. Dean cannot be redeemed for cheating on his wife. 
  • Man I tried to get my husband into it but he wasn't interested... which is weird because he loved parenthood and is really enjoying this is us. Maybe I can try again.
  • I am so excited for the revival. I have all the DVDs so last year my husband and I were looking for something to watch and I suggested Gilmore Girls. He laughed but he acquiesced. He ended up LOVING it. He is so excited to watch it as well. 

We are both Team Logan. I just can't stand Jess. True, he turned his life around and totally pulled Rory out of her annoying funk/feud with her mom, but I don't feel that is redeeming enough to be worthy of her. Logan also was a jerk, but he grew up and pushed Rory to be a better person. Rory also pushed Logan to grow up and be better. Dean cannot be redeemed for cheating on his wife. 
    I feel like what made Logan the best is he and Rory grew together.  Jess had to GTFO to get any sort of maturity which is a bad sign to me.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just watched Gilmore Girls for the first time earlier this year so I'm really excited for the timing of this reunion because I didn't have to wait almost a decade.
  • Yayyy a Gilmore girls thread!

I'm so pumped you guys and I just watched Lauren Graham on Ellen! Ahhhh. H and I are gonna start watching it Friday night and probably finish Saturday. Don't think I'll hop on this thread until after all 4 episodes, lol. No spoilers for me ty.

also, just wanted to add that I'm #teamjess all the way but if Rory ends up with Logan, I'll accept it. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • #teamjess and +1 to bring worried about Lorelai/Luke. I hope there's a lot of Paris. I need more Paris-isms in my life. 
  • I'm team #letroryfindsomeonenew! I'd like her to be single and remain that way -- weird?
  • @ohstars everyone needs more paris in their lives!
  • ohstars said:
    #teamjess and +1 to bring worried about Lorelai/Luke. I hope there's a lot of Paris. I need more Paris-isms in my life. 
    Paris is only confirmed for one episode.  Liza Weil is all busy starring in HTGAWM
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    Paris is only confirmed for one episode.
    This makes me sad :(
  • MrsDramaK said:
    :disappointed:
  • MrsDramaK said:
    Same. She's awesome in HTFAWM though. So I'll allow it. Are they 1hr episodes?

Also, I burnt the shit out of dinner while I was catching up on this thread. Oppps. 
  • Glad I'm not the only one who thinks she will end up best with Logan. Everyone I know IRL looks at me like I'm crazy. They are all Team Jess