February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/21)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/21)

• That is a cute ass kid. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg your kid is SO CUTE. 
  • @foxrosy The eyes, the ears, the smile... I'm dying from the cute. You must be doing something really right. He looks like such a happy kid!
  • Hahahaha @Spicyweiner
    this reminds me of a shirt I saw in downtown San Antonio at market square. It's says:
    "Tu eres mi pendejo 
    (you are my friend)"
    my grandma thought it was "cute" and wanted to buy it
  • @bumpasaurusrex whatcha gonna make???
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @bumpasaurusrex I remember once you said that you also were in baking school right? Im making oatmeal cookies right now that come out really awesome but I have so many ideas if you need help brainstorming!
  • @BumpasaurusRex - Desserts are the best part of holiday meals, IMO.  Those all sound amazing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think your quantities are good @BumpasaurusRex! My Thanksgiving of 6 (1 on a serious diet) kills two pies. Nice to see you back around! I'd been wondering how you were doing.
  • Pregnant me can not be trusted to make toast...  Choking down two semi-burnt pieces now.  Threw two pieces away yesterday, after turning on the fan b/c I was afraid opening the toaster oven was going to set off the smoke detector.  How am I going to manage Thanksgiving dinner?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BumpasaurusRex you can't have too many desserts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BumpasaurusRex there is no such thing as too many desserts
  • @BumpasaurusRex that cheesecake sounds amazing!!
  • edited November 2016
    @BumpasaurusRex I need some of that apple pie please and thank you! Preferably warm with ice cream.  :)
  • Any interest in a Thanksgiving AW thread to share all of our tasty cooking?
    Whilst i cant participate (unless anyone wants to see what excitement i have for lunch on thursday) i def would love to see all the amazing food you ladies make!
  • @Xstatic3333 Yes totally!!!

Pregnancy hormones are officially making me more ragey and snappy. We have 2 dogs, a Chihuahua and a medium size female mix. Kenzie has been at my IL's house for a little while because they have a big fenced in yard and we're working on getting our yard fenced. So Deeks is at our house and we're going away for a few days and we planned on taking him to my IL's. The 2 of them can run and play and H's aunt would look after them. Now my SIL wants to take Kenzie to her house for 2 of the days we're gone but she won't take Deeks. And we only hear of this from my IL's just now. She makes me so ragey! This is the second time she wants to take our dog without even asking us! And then Deeks would be all alone for 2 days. I told H that if she's going to leave Deeks she needs to come take care of him because she's messing up our whole plan.

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • varimamavarimama member
    edited November 2016
    The only time I don't like spiders is when they are in my shower. I guess I feel vulnerable in there. Otherwise if I see them I leave them alone or will take them outside if DH is around b/c I know he will kill them on sight. Every time he finds one he asks if I knew about it and sadly half the time I did. He gets annoyed but I like to think that he's annoyed with me in a loving way because he always says the way I treat animals is part of what made him fall in love with me. The ones that live in our basement are so big I call them Shelobs instead of spiders.

ETA I prob should have saved that for UO Thursday but I would have forgotten by then anyways...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Oh I can't deal with spiders at all.  I usually put them under a cup and wait for my husband.  

For ladies that are having baby showers - what did you get as thank you gifts for the hosts?  I need a good idea for one of my hosts (the other host is my sister who is easy) and I'm just stuck on what to get.  She has pretty much everything and is super classy and my preggo brain can't come up with anything.  
  • I don't do spiders! I legit go into hysterics when I come across a spider IRL. I honestly think I have a true phobia. Poor DH has to deal with me being a hot mess every time there is a spider. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that nasty thing!
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup does she like wine, coffee, or tea? I usually give hosts wine but if they aren't big on wine then some fancy coffee or tea could be nice too. I don't know anything about tea but DH and my dad love Teavana tea so I usually go there and the people are really helpful in finding something fun that they will like even with me knowing nothing. My mom/aunt love plants so I usually give them some type of potted flower that way they either enjoy it in the pot or choose to plant it in their gardens. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Spicyweiner samesies!!! What in the entire eff????

• thanks @Xstatic3333 and @marriedhamstermom - she does like wine and they have a great collection.  I just didn't know if that was special enough of a gift since I bring wine for everything like dinner parties too.  But  maybe I'll just pick out a really great vintage and call it a day!!  I also like the potted flower idea - she is a gardener too, so I think that she would appreciate that.
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup  I'm doing these hot chocolate pop things that you melt into milk and a cute Christmas hand towel.