April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 11/19

Haven't seen one today so thought I would start a Saturday ticker. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes :)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: (Stolen from every other ticker thread this week) Where are you at on the name front?  Have you decided on one? Have a favorites list?  Totally unsure of what you will name LO?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 11/19

• How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby?  Chipotle burrito 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?  Team Blue

Appointments this week?  
    Had an appointment yesterday.  Heartbeat sounds good.  Results from AS a couple weeks ago are normal.  Scheduled my next appointment...glucose test.  Ugh.  

Symptoms?  Still pretty lucky and low on symptoms.  No heartburn yet.  Had to start sleeping with a pregnancy pillow wedge this week and try to stay on my sides.  That has been challenging!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Dreading Thanksgiving and everyone trying to see if I have a bump.  It has popped a little this week but I feel very self conscious about it still.  Anyone else this way?  Give me all the leggings and baggy shirts....

Also, we registered at BRU last weekend, very overwhelming to make official decisions! So many cute themes, patterns, etc.  We were there for a few hours and need to go back to finish out with feeding, bathing, etc.  But we got the big stuff done and are hoping maybe to get a couple Black Friday deals.

GTKY: (Stolen from every other ticker thread this week) Where are you at on the name front?  Have you decided on one? Have a favorites list?  Totally unsure of what you will name LO?  So far our favorite name is Wyatt.  But we are telling ourselves we won't officially decide until he is here.  Our other contenders are Hudson, Cooper, Parker, and Carter.  Middle name will be James.
  • I'll be back to post later, I'm in a bit of a rush, but wanted to say @wagnerw a Chipotle burrito!  :p Also, Wyatt is on my name list too, but it's too "white" for DH. ::insert eye roll::
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88 DH is loving the size comparison this week!  Hope you and your DH can agree on a name.  Wyatt is our only top name that we both completely agree on :)
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate, turnip, size of your palm, onion, large order of fries.

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue

Appointments this week? Next appt isn't until 12/13...so far away.

Symptoms? Sleep deprivation. RLP. And major heartburn/acid reflux recently.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I don't have anything to rant or rave about at the moment. Other than my symptoms possibly...

GTKY: Where are you at on the name front?  Have you decided on one? Have a favorites list?  Totally unsure of what you will name LO?
    DH and I just don't agree on boy names. This is tough. I suggest every name in the book that I like and he vetoes them all and gives no suggestions. We both like Cruz, but I like it more for a middle name and DH wants it as a first name. He asked me the other day what I wanted for Xmas and a baby name picked out was one of the things on my list.  :D
  • How far along are you? 19w

How big is baby? Classic gameboy or a hotdog.

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green! Had the anatomy scan this past week and stayed strong!

Appointments this week?
    None until 12/6. 

Symptoms? Vary. Lots of weird dreams. Lots of stretching and pulling. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Loving feeling baby nudges. Can't wait for my kids and husband to feel them!

GTKY: (Stolen from every other ticker thread this week) Where are you at on the name front?  Have you decided on one? Have a favorites list?  Totally unsure of what you will name LO?
    No clue! We have a few names that we like, but we aren't sure what we want to go with. It's hard being team green! It's making the name game challenging!

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• @KirstinH88 I'm cracking up at your Christmas list! But I know how frustrating it is!

How far along are you? 
    18 weeks

How big is baby? a tall frappachino

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Green (for now)

Appointments this week? 
    Finally!  I have a regular appointment on Monday.  I'm going to ask my midwives about how to schedule an anatomy scan. I'm really excited for that. I've never seen an ultrasounds. 

Also really hoping my levels are all ok at this appointment. Last time, my pee test showed I wasn't eating enough. They were pretty unhappy with that. 

Symptoms? Heartburn and still occasional nausea, but now it's usually set off by something gross or a strong smell. I've only thrown up twice this week though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Baby kicks and a few rolls!  I felt one that I was sure was strong enough to feel on the outside too. Can't wait for DD and DH to feel!

I posted on the names thread too. We have our girls name and it means a lot to me. I'm considering finding out the sex because I would be very sad if we don't get to use this name (after my grandmother...DD is named for DH's grandmother).  When we named DD, we assumed we'd have lots of kids (like 5-6) so it never occurred to us that she might be our only girl. I'm thinking I should just find out the sex so I have a bit of time to mourn not using our girls name if it is a boy.  (Otherwise, I have zero preference and would actually be very happy with a boy).

Also, we can't settle on a boys name so it may be easier to know whether or not it actually matters. What do you all think?
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco Honestly, the name issue was my main reason for finding out the sex this time (team green the first go round  ;)). We had a boy name no problem, but not agreeing on a girl name was seriously stressing me out, and I did not want to go through a whole pregnancy worried and stressed about a girl name when there was only a 50% chance of actually needing it. All that to say, I fully support the decision to find out the sex for naming reasons, should you go that route  :)
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • @cafedisco The other things on my Christmas list were for him to finish painting the nursery (walls, ceiling that he messed up, and furniture), as well as 2 iPhone chargers.  :D:D:D:D And as far as staying team green or not. It's hard for me to weigh in because I personally could never even imagine being team green. But we had a girls name picked out and struggle with a boys name. After 3 boys and a family full of boys, it's hard to find a nice, somewhat unique name that both of us like. Sure enough, we are having a boy, but now it allows us to become more concentrated on finding that perfect boy name. And yes, I am mourning the loss of our girls name. Because I doubt we will ever get to use it. 4 boys, DH doesn't want anymore, and even if we did, I feel like it would just be another boy....
  • Thanks for weighing in @Blueberry85 and @KirstinH88.  I'm strongly leaning towards finding out.  It was so fun to wait with the first one...but maybe that doesn't matter so much any more. Plus, we literally never talk about names. And it already feels like the clock is ticking! Knowing the sex might put the pressure on!

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks (plus 1 day because I am late)

How big is baby? 6 inches, I think. 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? we find out (hopefully) in 9 days from today at our ultrasound.

Appointments this week? 
    nope. Our AS is the 29th and a regular midwife appointment on Dec. 1st. 

Symptoms? Symphysis Pubis Disfunction is a daily struggle to get through, but I do what I have to do. That brings along a whole bunch of pain in my lower back and down into my legs. I will be having a serious conversation with my midwife at my next appointment about my options. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I could rant about the current Packer game I am watching, but I won't. I will rave about our extended family get together today. My grandma has been a secret alcoholic, cigarette smoker and anorexic for at least my entire life. I say secret, because I truly think up until this last month she really thought people didn't know, even though it was obvious. She has gone through some serious health scares over this last month. But, because of all of this she has stopped drinking and smoking cold turkey, as far as we can tell. Tonight was the first time I can ever remember being around her all day without her being drunk or tipsy for any of it. My dad's whole family was there. I personally think some of them have a bit of a drinking problem as well, since they can't seem to enjoy life without drinking a LOT. The whole family tonight had apple cider and sparking grape juice. And that is it. I have never seen that before either. I am so happy. I know, at least in my immediate family, there have been so many deep hurts caused by the drinking and her other addictions. My grandma was normal and happy tonight and for the first time in a very long time she really felt like a grandma. So, I am focusing on that and basking in my happiness. 

We are pretty confident on the girl name. We had it picked out since before I got pregnant. It is the name of my favorite grandma who died a few years ago and DH's favorite grandma. (they share a name) We have ZERO idea on boy names. We both hate every name the other one likes. We will start talking seriously after our AS next week. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy Glad you had a great family get together. BUT...that Packer game...  :( The injuries are just killing us...
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks (and a couple days, i'm late too)

How big is baby? Onion

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue 

Appointments this week?
    I just had an appt last week, so next will be Dec 9 and that will be our AS as well

Symptoms?I feel like i'm being ripped apart at my hips and pelvis! it was bad, and only seems to be getting worse.

Rant/Rave/Questions? This pregnancy has been way harder on me then my first. RLP now hips and pelvis. I'm ready for April! 

We have actually been arguing about this a bit. We are having a really hard time with names, so its currently a sore subject in our household 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker