February 2017 Moms

American Thanksgiving week appointments!

NiceyMeanyNiceyMeany member
edited November 2016 in February 2017 Moms
Starting this a bit early since my morning will probably be busy. Who's getting in a quick visit to the doc/midwife/etc. before eating all the turkey (or eating everything but the turkey, if you're some kind of -tarian like me)? Or, if you're not in the US... sorry, we're very rude and we make everything all about us. You can have appointments this week, too. I guess. 

Re: American Thanksgiving week appointments!

• srscott3srscott3 member
    edited November 2016
    1 hour GD and regular OB appointment Tuesday :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Since we dont do thanksgiving here i have my next appointment on thursday. Ill meet my consultant for the first time & have my last scan. Theyll let me know if my placenta has moved up (as it was borderline low at my last scan) & if not discuss having a section.
  • I have an appointment this morning. No idea what I'm doing because my current OB office is horrible and the receptionist knows nothing. (Can't wait to switch in January!) Im 28 weeks and still haven't had my GD testing so hoping that will be today.
  • I have one this Wednesday before all of the festivities! I get the results of my 1 hour sometime this week too. 
  • 1 hour and regular check up on Wednesday!

@SawyerRichardson I'm 28 weeks on Wednesday and my 1 hour is just happening this week...but it's odd yours didn't even mention it. 
  • @Patience7150 ok I feel a little better then. I felt like everyone else did their's weeks ago. I'll ask about it at my appt today.
  • @SawyerRichardson yeah no worries.  my GD test is at 30 weeks!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a regular midwife visit Wednesday. Glad to be getting it out of the way before the festivities. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had early screening for GD because of insulin resistance but the OB wants me to do it again now that I'm at 28 weeks even though I passed so yay for that and a bunch of other blood work this week! Ultrasound and NICU tour/team meeting tomorrow.

Also update from last week for anyone following along. Our consultation with the pediatric surgeon went pretty well. Mostly confirming what we already knew but we were able to get more details. Main concern after birth is making sure when they placed the shunt it didn't go through anything else inside of baby like the bowels. They'll remove the shunt soon after he's born and test the kidney for functionality to decide what to do with it but most likely we're looking at a repair at a few weeks old or removal between 3 and 6 months. They're not sure how long he will have to stay in the hospital after birth but the plan right now is csection at 37 weeks and then immediately to the NICU. 
  • srscott3 said:
    1 hour GD and regular OB appointment Tuesday :)
    Me too, plus another U/S to see if my placenta has inched up anymore.  The last 2 times it's been around 2.75 and they're hoping it will move up past 3.  

I have a dentist appt at 8AM and my OB at 10AM, then I'm taking the rest of the day off because the glucose test combined with not getting to eat beforehand always makes me feel really crummy.

• I have a dentist appointment today and am very worried...  The hygienist is pretty rough sometimes and I don't know how my poor pregnant gums will handle that.  FX for nothing worse than bleeding gums.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a regular OB appointment on Wednesday, it's my first "every two weeks" visit!
  • ColeBug89 said:
    I have a regular OB appointment on Wednesday, it's my first "every two weeks" visit!
    Same here. MW appt Wednesday and I am at every 2 weeks now. Holy Cannoli! Also getting my rhogam shot then :(

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Going for an ultrasound tomorrow to check on baby's size. @Lafreeman21, we'll see if I have a little porker, too!  :D
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Not really an appointment but I'll be going to the pharmacy to get my Tdap shot this week (or maybe next b/c of Thanksgiving/Black Friday). When I saw my OB last week he gave me the prescription for it and told me to go any time to the pharmacy but at the pharmacy after waiting 20 minutes for them to fill the shot and stuff they told me they wouldn't do it since I was only 26 weeks and I needed to be at least 27 weeks so now I have to go back. This seemed weird to me since my OB obviously knows how far along I am and didn't say anything about waiting. Was anyone else told you needed to be at least 27 weeks?
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I finally had my first OB appointment and I am 29 weeks tomorrow. I just realized he scheduled my next appointment for 3 weeks because he got my date wrong and thought that would make me 30 weeks. The entire appointment was confirming medical information hadn't changed from when I had my daughter and listening to the heartbeat. (also letting me know the hospital policies and practices hadn't changed)

I did just get a call that I have to go into my family doctor this afternoon to discuss my urine test results from last week. I assume this means a UTI and I wish he would just call in a prescription. (I saw him twice because the fertility clinic forgot to refer me to the ob until so late)

I was told I will have additional ultrasounds due to my age but I was expecting that.
  • @marriedhamstermom I got mine at my 28 week appointment and was told any time after 28 weeks is fine, so maybe it depends on the doctor?
  • @cantalopes24 so glad you have a good team and plan in place! 
  • I'm going in for my 3 hr test tomorrow morning. This is my 2nd round of the  3 hr. I passed the 1st so I hope I pass this one but I've been travelling for work a ton and my nutrition has not been where it was supposed to be. Whoops.
  • I'm going in for my 3 hr test tomorrow morning. This is my 2nd round of the  3 hr. I passed the 1st so I hope I pass this one but I've been travelling for work a ton and my nutrition has not been where it was supposed to be. Whoops.
    You have to do the 3 hour twice? 
    You have to do the 3 hour twice? 
    I had to do the 1hr earlier due to higher bmi, failed and had to do the 3 hr. passed. But now had to do the regular 28 wk test again. did the 1 hr  failed AGAIN and now have to do the 4 hr again. Idk if I can stomach that damn drink again. I almost puked last time.
  • Oh that sucks 
  • Oh that sucks 
    Yup :-( pity me and send me gifs in the am!! ;-)
  • Im expecting good things from you today @Gretchypoo
  • @Gretchypoo  that sounds awful! Good luck!
  • I have my 1 hour glucose test and regular OB check tomorrow. Last of the monthly visits, now for every two weeks!

• I finally got the request to get my glucose test done. The office doesn't do their own testing, they give me the paperwork to go do it at the lab. The one closest to me only does the glucose tests on Thursday and Friday. So with the holiday they are closed so I have an appointment to have it done Dec. 2nd. No one told me if I need to fast for the one hour though?

It was also my last appt with them ever! Thank God! I'm going on to my H's insurance in Jan and can't wait to actually see a good doctor who I can trust.
  • @SawyerRichardson I also have mine December 2nd! They told me I'm allowed to eat beforehand 
  • Oh god, @Gretchypoo, that's so much glucose drink. You are a soldier.

Did anyone else notice that the drink is called GlucoCrush, like it's just trying to be some tasty off-brand soda-like beverage?
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @Gretchypoo, you have a great attitude about it and clearly sone great support from your H and mom. I just think you always have mentioned and posted pictures of meals that look pretty healthy to me (as well as delicious.) There's a few people on here who I've always thought damn I wish I could go to dinner at their house and yours was one lol
  • @Gretchypoo I'm sorry about the 3 hour results :( 

I failed my 1 hour :/ scheduling my 3 hour for next week