TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I personally don't think I would do Eleanor/Nora because with the full name you then have 2 'E' names (not such a big deal but just in the con list to me as they then have the same initials and such) and with the nn they have somewhat similar sounds both ending in 'ra'.  Just too close for my liking, I feel like if you called for one you might always have to clarify which name you had said.  Mazie spelled Maisie is much better IMO, I don't care for existing names having the spelling changed.  Overall with that pairing I think I like Hazel best.
  • Options
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited November 2016
    2almonds said:
    our daughters name is Ezra. 

If baby is a girl...
    Mazie?
    Hazel?
    Nora? (Eleanor nn Nora)

What happened to wanting her to have a Z in her name because both you and your daughter have a Z?

But to answer the question, Eleanor is my first choice (despite the fact both kids names will then start with E). Hazel is my second. If you're not going to use a Z like you mentioned in your other thread, I'm putting support behind Margaret, nn Maisie

Edit, autocorrect fail
    Edit #2, adding that i prefer Margaret over Hazel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hazel.
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    Hazel.. I also like pp suggestion of margaret nn maisie
  • Options
    2almonds2almonds member
    edited November 2016
    Because I like that we have Z in common. Many boys get named after their dads, girls not so much, so I like the idea of us sharing a Z. But it doesn't have to. I also like the sound of Nora with Ezra. So hard to decide though!
  • Options
    Hazel
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    2almonds said:
    Because I like that we have Z in common. Many boys get named after their dads, girls not so much, so I like the idea of us sharing a Z. But it doesn't have to. I also like the sound of Nora with Ezra. So hard to decide though!
    OK, but in your other thread you are discarding the traditional spelling of Maisie for the speshul spelling with a Z, specifically because (over there) you are adamant about keeping the Z. Here, apparently, the Z isn't a big issue, which is fine. But if you like the name Maisie, at least spell it right because obviously the Z isn't as big a deal to you as you say it is.
  • Options
    I love Eleanor. I have a friend whose daughter's name is Nora.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hazel or Nora. I like Nora by its self, rather than as a nn though. 
  • Options
    So you're wanting to pronounce Mazie like Maisie then? Because I know a little girl named Mazzy (rhymes with jazzy) and that's how my head wants to pronounce Mazie. If the Z thing is not a deal breaker, Maisie is much better than Mazie. But if you're going to stick with the Mazie spelling then my pick is Hazel.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nora then Hazel. 
  • Options
    I could go with either spelling of mazie, I'm not absolutely set on it, but would lean towards spelling with a Z. Sorry for any confusion