Baby Names
Options

Rude?

is it just me or are people kinda rude around here??? Like calling me out for changing my mind on a name spelling or asking me why I'm re-posting the same post because I can't figure out how to find my old post. I feel like I'm being policed! Example: (not verbatim just what I remember)- "I thought you didn't like this name because in your other post over here you said you weren't crazy about the name"
"if you are the same poster from the other day, asking the same question, no, don't name your baby that", etc.
 I'm new here expecting my second and don't think I'll stay around bump (or BabyCenter! Same over there!) much longer. I also had some people say negative things about my daughters name on both apps, which in all honesty did upset me a little. I don't get why people are so uptight or why and how they are aware to remember what I posted weeks ago, or why it even matters? Or why someone would say mean things about a kid who is already named? I do know that much that we aren't supposed to criticize names that already exist on a person.
is this just the way these apps are? Rude?

Re: Rude?

• Options
    2almonds said:
    is it just me or are people kinda rude around here??? Like calling me out for changing my mind on a name spelling or asking me why I'm re-posting the same post because I can't figure out how to find my old post. I feel like I'm being policed! Example: (not verbatim just what I remember)- "I thought you didn't like this name because in your other post over here you said you weren't crazy about the name"
    "if you are the same poster from the other day, asking the same question, no, don't name your baby that", etc.
     I'm new here expecting my second and don't think I'll stay around bump (or BabyCenter! Same over there!) much longer. I also had some people say negative things about my daughters name on both apps, which in all honesty did upset me a little. I don't get why people are so uptight or why and how they are aware to remember what I posted weeks ago, or why it even matters? Or why someone would say mean things about a kid who is already named? I do know that much that we aren't supposed to criticize names that already exist on a person.
    is this just the way these apps are? Rude?
    *sigh*
  • Options
    It's just you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, thanks. Maybe I don't 'get' the tone around here. @jessielynn1
  • Options
    ashleyandelyashleyandely member
    edited November 2016
     :| 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Can you elaborate? Lol. what exactly do you mean by "sigh" @Bringmemylongswordho

and @ashleyandely does this
  • Options
    It cut off my comment! Does this mean you are agreeing or disagreeing with my observations?
  • Options
    So this is a community not an app. People post on this community on several boards have private groups and have made true friendships with the people here.  When joining any online community you need to feel it's users out. Just like in real life you wouldn't walk up to a group of people and start asking random questions  without feeling them and the crowd out first. People who treat an online community like an app and expect to randomly pop in and get wonderful answers to their questions are not going to have a positive experience. Users who lurk, get to know which boards they mesh with, how each board posts and the tone of it and give not just take will find online communities a great experience. If you are just looking for an app I suggest looking elsewhere like google or asking your IRL friends 

• Options
    2almonds2almonds member
    edited November 2016
    Ok. Sorry to call it an app, just was referring to it being an app that I use on my phone, also use it to track what gestational week I am in.
    I agree it is a community... and I have not felt welcome... which is fine, as I can't be that offended by people who I've never met ;)
    I will look elsewhere to ask opinions on name/create polls. @bbiutmcph
  • Options
    Community politics aside, is it not rude to say ugly things about someone's child's name? 
  • Options
    2almonds said:
    Community politics aside, is it not rude to say ugly things about someone's child's name? 
    No it is. as a general rule "we" do not comment on names already given.

As for my sigh, this is the kind of post that usually devolves. someone asked you why you reposted the same question, because reposting the same topic is considered rude on this board. a poster repeatedly posting similar topics and changing small details tends to be the markings of a troll, and an overly dramatic thread asking why the board is so rude follows that pattern. 

Tl;dr, if you're not trolling ,  let things go. Reading too much whether something is rude online is only going to cause you grief ,  if you are a troll, try harder.
  • Options

Hi all,

Maintaining a welcoming environment in the community is something we take very seriously. We welcome debate and engaging dialogue from all perspectives here. We do not tolerate bullying. If you feel you’ve experienced bullying within the community,

Please:
    • Flag comments that violate our TOU by using the “Report a TOU Violation” feature below posts

• Send a Private Message to @BumpTara or @BumpCaitlin describing your concerns or send an email to communitybump@xogrp.com and include links to any threads that you are concerned about so we can properly investigate.

Please do not:

• Post on the boards about your grievances with the community or individual members. Doing so tends to result in unproductive arguments among members and escalates situations.

By flagging posts that violate the TOU and sharing your concerns directly with our moderators, we are able to address issues promptly and properly.

We will be closing this thread for further comments. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"