TTC after 35

TWW: Nov 14 - 20

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Nov 14 - 20

• 16DPO. AF visited this morning with a vengeance. I have been on verge of tears past couple of days. Sorry to be a downer that's just where I am. As we just reached the one year mark of TTC I'm stressing about being 42 again. 
  • @Momifbysea - I'm right there with you and I'm so sorry AF came.  I just turned 41 and am struggling a lot.  We are not doing any further interventions except trying naturally, and frankly I am not sure how hard I will try to make it happen any more.  I started going to counseling so I could have extra support in preparing myself for the worst.  

**HUGS**
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • @Momifbysea - I'm sorry I know it sucks and I don't want to tell you what to do in regarding to your TTC but have your DH's sperm checked if you haven't.  I wanted to share with you how much better I feel after I've let go of charting, temping, OPKing, pre seeding and supplementing lol.  A HUGE weight has been lifted and DH's and I's sex life is just so much better.  It's amazing that I'm also feel so much more productive in everything that matters in life right now.  You said your eggs are young last week and that's great.  I now feel like my AMA doesn't matter.  I'm 36, healthy, fit, take care of myself so I just have this feeling it will happen again in its own time.  I've put off blood testing until next month because I don't want to track my cycle right now.  I'm not going to get the HSG test or anything more invasive until we hit the year mark in May next year.  I don't want to invest in that stuff right now.

ladies age isn't anything but a number, don't give up hope.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my beta today after an IUI two weeks ago and unfortunately it was negative.  I tested at home this morning so I was prepared but obviously it was still a bummer.  Now I will just patiently wait for AF to get on with the next cycle. 

I'm trying to focus on the positives.  I went for a nice run this morning and then got a latte (I have been off caffeine recently).  I'm still very hopeful that eventually we will have a successful cycle but it certainly gets a little harder each BFN.  FX for everyone waiting to test!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Thanks I appreciate the kind words! I have to clarify, @vlagrl29 the dr said my count was good but that does not equate to quality, and he said unfortunately that is tied to age. So I may have a bunch of defunct ones in there.  :/ However, I vow to try and be "chin-up" about it. Must move forward!
  • Love your optimism @Momifbysea. Sorry for your beta @laurad75. Big hugs to all in the AMA club  :)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @Momifbysea and @laurad75 so sorry about AF and beta. It's really a testament to our character when we can suffer recurrent loss, yet not give up. Hopefully you both get a little bit of treat yo self time this week. 

8 (estimated)DPO here. Nothing unusual to report. I definitely feel like I have given up on natural conception and have put all my "eggs" in the IVF basket, so I'm basically just waiting for AF, then one more cycle before we finally get to start this IVF train!! 

this week I finally start seeing patients at my new job (case manager RN for babies/kids with financial or medical needs ). I've been training for the last six weeks and can't wait to finally have my own cases! Glad to have work to look forward to :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited November 2016
    Warning DD mentioned:
    so, last night as I'm feeling kind of "yuck" shall we say about my age and AF, my nearly 3yo DD says at dinner "Daddy, is mommy old?" To which he looks up with me with a bit of fear at saying the wrong thing and says "well, she is older than YOU are! And I'm even older than her." I asked her if someone had said something to her and her 3yo classmate had said to her that her mom looks really old. I guess I hadn't anticipated this until maybe she was in middle school - wow! :o She then looked at me with amazement and said "how many ARE you?" I said honey I'm 42 and that means I have lots of good experience to share with you and lots of ideas for fun. And you know what else? And then I got up and started spinning and dancing around the room. To which she said "that is an awesome trick!" You see, she keeps me young.

@laurad75 I'm so sorry to hear about your negative. Good for you for getting the latte- I broke down and got one yesterday too. My RE said a little caffeine is fine after I had told him I'd cut it completely.

@PoeMasque I'm excited for your IVF train and anxious to hear how it goes as we might be on it soon. Also, how fulfilling to have your own cases, that's awesome! I admire your passion for helping others.
  • AF decided to show up 2 days early yesterday. So I'm back to WTO for our last cycle before our IVF consult. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque sorry about AF - hoping you have good luck next cycle so you can avoid IVF.  I noticed today while I peed this morning and wiped I had very EW CM.  Told DH it's on tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker