April 2016 Moms

Walkers?

My daughter is 7 months and starting to pull up to stand.  I'm thinking of getting her a walker for Christmas, the kind they can stand and push on wheels kind of like a shopping cart.  For non-first time moms who used them with other kids, did you get much use?  I'm thinking by December she will be able to stand and use it but will she still use it when she can walk more independently? 

Re: Walkers?

• We have a dinosaur that can be used as a walker or ride on.  My DD used it for a while.  
  • Ours is the V-Tech sit-to-stand walker. It's gotten a fair amount of use from both DD1 and DD2, but more as a toy to play with than specifically for the walking part of it. If I were just buying one now, I would probably look for one that converts to a ride-on.
    kids with flags
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  Anyone have recommendations for ones that convert to ride-ons but are more simple or classic looking? I'm not crazy about the plastic super colorful cartoon look of many that are out there. 
  • mb0112 said:
    Thanks!  Anyone have recommendations for ones that convert to ride-ons but are more simple or classic looking? I'm not crazy about the plastic super colorful cartoon look of many that are out there. 
    If you include the word "wood" in whatever you're already searching for on Amazon, there are some nice options (i.e. "wood baby walkers") 
  • mb0112 said:
    Thanks!  Anyone have recommendations for ones that convert to ride-ons but are more simple or classic looking? I'm not crazy about the plastic super colorful cartoon look of many that are out there. 
    Haba makes very nice wooden ones! We are planning to get DS one for his birthday.