February 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change (11/17)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (11/17)

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    27 weeks. Last week of the second trimester - woohoo! 
    How big is baby? 
    Sriracha bottle
    Tomorrow and it is my first appointment with my OB. I hope I like her...
    Symptom changes? 
    Braxton hicks. I didn't realize that was the sensation I was feeling. They also make my chest feel tight. Not a huge fan.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm a little frustrated with my H. He hasn't done any of his own research into pregnancy, labour, newborn care. I keep bringing it up and talking about my anxieties and preferences, but he doesn't really engage. I feel a little unsupported and sad about it. Does anyone have good ideas about how to bring a first time Dad into the loop? I told him about some books that were recommended, he said he would get the e-books. Hasn't happened. That being said he took a babywearing class with me and we are taking a cloth diapering class this weekend. 
    Another Canadian here
  • Lafreeman21Lafreeman21 member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 26 Weeks

How big is baby? Bottle of wine.

When is your next appointment? Monday for an ultrasound

Symptom changes? My belly button is losing this battle.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'll get see my husband again Tuesday night :) (He left on the 6th). He has to leave again after the weekend, but I'll take it.

GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? For the first year since marriage, we don't have to stay out of town the whole 3 nights! We're driving 2.5 hours to Nashvegas on Thursday, coming back home (!!so excited!!) and then back to Nashville Saturday through Sunday night for Thanksgiving # 2 and #3. Then I fly to Chicago Monday at 6 AM, because, ya know, travel is exactly what I'll want to do ;)
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I hope week 28 was a little more relaxing for you! 
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks
    How big is baby? Eggplant (and tall according to my OB)
    When is your next appointment? Just had one this week, so next one isn't until Dec 14th
    Symptom changes? The rib and back pain have fully set in. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? Why is it that my work gets SO busy right before I go on maternity leave!?!?
    GTKY: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I am Canadian, so our Thanksgiving was in early October :) It was my first time hosting the whole family and my bacon brussel sprouts were a real hit!
  • ShawllsShawlls member
    edited November 2016
    floatingelephy - regarding your husband, are there any "first time dad" classes where you live? My husband took one (without me, so alone is good) and he said it was really good. Just meeting other dads to be helped him. Also, if you have any "baby stuff" you still need to buy, send him out with a list!! All guys are different (and I don't know your husband). Some guys are scared, other just really have no clue what's coming. Some genuinely think this has nothing to do with them (they are wrong), but hopefully that's not the case!
  • How far along are you? 
    28 weeks

How big is baby? 
    size of a NINTENDO!!

November 30th... OB appointment and follow up ultrasound

Symptom changes? 
    Braxton hicks!! So not cool at all. I never noticed them with my first 2 and they are scary sometimes. And I've been going to bed earlier and earlier with naps again lol

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I very much dislike the Braxton hicks. They feel weird and since that's what they are, it's kind of scary too.

UGH!! normally I'm all excited for Thanksgiving but this year I'm kind of a hermit, which I assume has to do with pregnancy. We always go to my mils earlier, then to my family's, in the early evening for desserts. My husband never wants to go, and this year I'd rather skip too, so we will go (I only care to see my grandma, it means a lot to her that the family gets together) but hopefully only stay 1 1/2 hrs at each house. My parents wont really care because there will be plenty of commotion going on anyway, and my mil will think we are rude, but that's ok because we always think she's rude lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 I hope your ultrasound went well!!

@floatingelephy both my husband and I didn't do any research into anything pregnancy or birth related with our 1st (and 2nd lol) but this time I still have questions, so I do massive research lol, each pregnancy is different. My husband doesn't research anything, and I dont mind. However, when I talk to him about things he doesn't understand, he will ask me what it is. Example, he never heard of Braxton hicks so I had to explain what they are. Then today while I was having one, I had him feel how hard my belly gets, it lets him learn things, but without him doing anything. Also if your husband has no interest in research, and you decide not to put up a fight, just make sure you know what kind of support and comfort you will want along the way and during delivery. Just let him know things like.... *this is what I'll be going through and feeling, and this is what I want you to do when it happens* like for me once the contractions get bad, I don't want touched, and I dont want talked to in a baby voice during a contraction. It angers me so I'll tell my husband before I get too bad hey I love you, but don't distract me during contractions, and don't touch me anymore. It sounds mean, but I think we all get to that point if we don't have an epidural. These types of conversations will educate your husband without him having to put effort in.  

Also my Braxton hicks still get weird, but nothing has been as bad as last Friday. I'm anxious for my follow up ultrasound just so I can know what's going on. Thanks @floatingelephy

Pregnancy Ticker