January 2016 Moms

Weekly Fitness Check In 11.7

Hi ladies!  Well, after we finally recovered from food poisoning, LO caught a virus on Friday and then I got sick with it as well!  Not our best couple of weeks!  But, in absolutely fantastic news, all of this sickness has resulted in my biggest weight loss to date - 3 pounds that I seem to be keeping off.  Woo!  I am focusing on this silver lining and not the fact that I haven't slept more than 4 hours in a row since LO got sick.  :/

Anyway, how are you guys doing?  Any special goals by the end of the month or year?  I am getting really close to being under 200 now (finally!) and I would love to cross that threshold by the end of the month, if possible.  Maybe add any November goals you have?  Weight wise or fitness/overall health wise.

SW: 215
CW: 206
November goal: 199
Pre Preg: 185
Long term: 150

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In 11.7

• SW: 225
    CW: 172
    Nov. Goal: 170
    LT Goal: 149

I have had a really great few weeks, where I've been averaging a pound a week. I also made a deal with SO that I can buy the new Fitbit Charge 2 when I reach my mini-goal. I actually saw "170.4" on my scale this morning but I don't count a weight loss until I've seen the same number for a few days in a row since I tend to fluctuate a few pounds throughout the day. Regardless, that mini goal feels closer than ever and I'm getting pretty damn excited!!
  • SW: 193 (weight at my postpartum visit)
    CW: 160
    Mini goal - 150
    Long term: 140

I am so close to my mini goal!! However I have REALLY been struggling in the exercise :( I have been doing great on changing my eating habits, hopefully the energy will come soon since my body is still adjusting.

What are y'alls 'go-to' for exercising during the week?  It is starting to get cold here in NC, so I don't wanna keep LO outside too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • bmmims said:
    SW: 193 (weight at my postpartum visit)
    CW: 160
    Mini goal - 150
    Long term: 140

I am so close to my mini goal!! However I have REALLY been struggling in the exercise :( I have been doing great on changing my eating habits, hopefully the energy will come soon since my body is still adjusting.

What are y'alls 'go-to' for exercising during the week?  It is starting to get cold here in NC, so I don't wanna keep LO outside too much.
    When it isn't raining too hard, we go for walks in the park and I just bundle LO up. On crappy days, I've done dance aerobics videos on YouTube. Through the city, we were in a babywearing dance class that just ended, and I'm considering joining their baby aquafit program. If your city has an activity guide through parks and rec, I would look there!
  • Sorry I haven't been around much. I've actually had some progress with weight loss finally. just before Halloween I decided to cut carbs as much as I possibly can and have lost about 9 lbs so far. I want to keep going until at least thanksgiving, so we'll see.
    SW 170
    CW 160
    Long term goal: 140

• I came to the conclusion i need to stop drinking beer. If i liked light beer it would be one thing. But i LOVE a hoppy IPA. 400 calories a pop. So I can have a beer for special occasions or when we go out. I lose 5 or 6 pounds so I'll pick up a 6 pack and gain it right back. My husband and I are both packing weight on as we get older so I'm trying to get more plant based foods in our diets. For the baby too. It's not much but i found a really high impact Zumba class close to home, its only one night a week but it's something and it gives me some "me" time.  I'd like to be ar pre pregnancy weight fot her birthday. My best friend will be here from out of state. If I'm a little on the hefty side he will slap the fork right out of my hand. Haha what are best friends for?
    Current weight: 165
    Goal:150
    Starting weight:170

• Starting weight: 178
    Four Months PP: 122
    Currwnt Weight/Goal: 117

a Fitbit and using a superfood plan that is approved for nursing increased my energy and helped me to lose my baby weight quickly.  My pre-pregnancy weight was 118.  My son was born January 4, 2016.  Thankfully I have been able to keep the weight off and feel really good :)!  I am a part of a FB support group on FB if anyone is interesting in joining it, private message me :).