July 2017 Moms
Options

First appointment

Am I the only person who hasn't been to the doctor yet? I called the OB when I got my BFP and they scheduled my 3  initial appointments (u/s, bloodwork, pap) for 8  weeks. I'm feeling like that's not so normal after reading yalls posts? 

Re: First appointment

• Options
    My first appointment isn't until December 5th. Even that is just a nurses appointment for paperwork and blood draw. 
  • Options
    My first appt with my OB is at 8+1 on 11/22. I had already scheduled an annual with someone else for 11/10 so I'll probably go to that too, though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tjgarre2tjgarre2 member
    edited November 2016
    @GlitterFish It looks like you're only a day behind me. Good to know! You'll have to let me know if you get anything at your annual. Thanks! 
  • Options
    @mrs35How far along will you be then? I guess my 11/21 appointment doesn't seem as far away as your 12/5  :|
  • Options
    It is completely normal to not see a doctor until 8-10 weeks unless you have recurring losses or other health problems. I have had 2 losses and still won't see my OB until 8 weeks, but that was kind of my choice too. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    @tjgarre2 My first appt isn't until Dec. 1st when I'll be 8 weeks - my understanding is that it's standard, although I agree the wait feels brutal :/ FYI: there was a thread on this last week ("First Appointment", Nov. 2nd) in which many of us posted our first appt. info - check it out if you want more data :)
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! @Pepper16 I'll check that out. 
  • Options
    I haven't even called my midwife yet.  I didn't go in with my first til 11 weeks (which will be the week before Christmas this time).  I'll probably do the same thing this time and no u/s til the anatomy scan unless my husband wants an elective to find out the sex early.  Which he's leaning towards ATM.
  • Options
    My first appointment is 11/30. I will be 8 weeks at that point 
  • Options
    tjgarre2 said:
    Am I the only person who hasn't been to the doctor yet? I called the OB when I got my BFP and they scheduled my 3  initial appointments (u/s, bloodwork, pap) for 8  weeks. I'm feeling like that's not so normal after reading yalls posts? 
    @tjgarre2

I have an appointment on 11/22 (before 8 weeks) but it is only a nurse appointment. I am not meeting qith my OB until 12/2 (8 weeks).
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    8 weeks for me too. That's pretty standard unless you're high risk or have other factors that need early attention. My first appt is 11/18 and I probably won't have an ultrasound until at least 12 weeks
  • Options
    Mine isn't until I'm almost 10 weeks (so 12/12) with my OB, but all my testing and my ultrasound is being/will be done by my RE/fertility office.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    mrs35mrs35 member
    edited November 2016
    tjgarre2 said:
    @mrs35How far along will you be then? I guess my 11/21 appointment doesn't seem as far away as your 12/5  :|
    My OB office does the nurse check at 8 weeks. Then I see the doctor at 11. At the 11 week appointment they try to find the heartbeat. Still no u/s. I'm pretty sure they only do 20 weeks ultrasounds. They are the only decent OB within about 100 miles though so I don't really have a choice. 

Eta: I have had a loss. But unless something happens that is concerning they aren't worried. 
  • Options
    I think a lot of us haven't been seen (check first appointments thread somewhere on this board.)
    My first one is not until 11/28 I will be 8W5D
  • Options
    10 weeks for me. I figure the less appts the better. I had 8 ultrasound in 3rd tri last time so hoping this time it's going to stay a lot less. 
  • Options
    6 weeks here and it was 8 weeks when I had my son so totally normal!
  • Options
    My appointment with my OB is 11/22 and I'll be 7w6d ! 
  • Options
    My appointment is scheduled for 12/5 and I will be 8w3d and I have had a previous loss. IT FEELS SO FAR AWAY!! Not at all abnormal for you not to be seen until 8-10 weeks

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Seriously the wait for that first appointment is killer!
  • Options
    osucma said:
    Seriously the wait for that first appointment is killer!
    @osucma - I agree! It seems like it's taking forever to get here!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My practice is usually between 8-10 weeks,but because of the spotting my doctor wanted to see me much earlier. I didn't want to go earlier because of the cost of a scan then and then also an 8 week heartbeat scan so...mine is a week from now I'll be 6+6
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    My first appointment is Dec 6 at 8 weeks and this is my second pregnancy. The first was the same, first visit at 8 weeks. Its hard to wait and the anticipation is driving me nuts lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first appt is the 7th. I'll be 8w3d. Like everybody else said, 8weeks is the norm for 1st appt unless high risk or other issues. I'm hating to wait though. I just keep telling myself next week is thanksgiving and that's why i couldn't get an earlier appt lol
  • Options
    My first OB appointment and u/s are 12/12 - I'll be 9+1 at that point. I've had bloodwork but I just walk into the lab in my doctor's office or downstairs at the hospital it's connected to and don't even need an appointment to do that - they just need to have orders of what they're testing for. Not sure how other's bloodwork is done.
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's not until 12/9 and I'll be 8w5d at that point.  It's so far away!
  • Options
    My first appointment is 11/28 and that's just meeting with an MA and doing a urine pregnancy test. Then they'll schedule me at 9ish weeks for an u/s. Seems like forever away! I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter feeling like it was so far away as well.