1st Trimester

First Pregnancy-- Excited, Scared!

Hi fellow mama's and MTB! I am about 5 weeks pregnant (so super early). I am also a MTB who doesn't have a mother figure so I am unsure/embarrassed/afraid to ask a lot of questions and I also suffer from GAD and MDD (but take medication for it) so as you can imagine I have a lot of questions, concerns, and am looking for guidance and advice from others.

I haven't experience morning sickness, unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then I am super nauseous. I sometimes get dull "cramps" or I think they are (could be gas? LOL) is that normal? I am worried because I really want this to be a successful pregnancy and I hear so often about how OFTEN they are not successful. I take a prenatal (prenatal + DHA), calcium chews, I eat healthy, and exercise regularly (my husband and I do 4 mile walks about 5 days a week). I read that if my first ultrasound (Nov. 28th) shows a heartbeat, that the chances of a successful pregnancy increases to 97%. But I am so anxious waiting for that doctor appointment. 

Are these normal feelings/experiences/concerns? What were your concerns and how did you handle it?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First Pregnancy-- Excited, Scared!

• @MamaPigon

Welcome and congrats! If I am not mistaken, your EDD (estimated due date) would be in July on 2017 if you're 5 weeks correct? If so, I would join the July 2017 Moms board since it's a lot more active than this one. https://forums.thebump.com/categories/july-2017-moms

As far as your questions go....
    I haven't experience morning sickness, unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then I am super nauseous. Same here. I am about 5 - 6 weeks and I have not experienced morning sickness during the day. When I do at night, it is because I got up / sat up too fast. I sometimes get dull "cramps" or I think they are (could be gas? LOL) is that normal? Yes that is normal because your body is changing / going to start changing for the baby. I am worried because I really want this to be a successful pregnancy and I hear so often about how OFTEN they are not successful. See the chart I posted belowAt 5 weeks you're 80% UNLIKELY to have a miscarriage. I take a prenatal (prenatal + DHA), calcium chews, I eat healthy, and exercise regularly (my husband and I do 4 mile walks about 5 days a week). Good I read that if my first ultrasound (Nov. 28th) shows a heartbeat, that the chances of a successful pregnancy increases to 97%. But I am so anxious waiting for that doctor appointment. You should be fine. :) Relax mama.

Progress
    Probability of NOT having a miscarriage
    3W, 0D67%
    3W, 1D67.10%
    3W, 2D67.40%
    3W, 3D68%
    3W, 4D68.70%
    3W, 5D69.70%
    3W, 6D70.80%
    4W, 0D72%
    4W, 1D73.50%
    4W, 2D74.80%
    4W, 3D76.40%
    4W, 4D77.90%
    4W, 5D79.50%
    4W, 6D81.10%
    5W, 0D82.70%
    5W, 1D84.20%
    5W, 2D85.60%
    5W, 3D87%
    5W, 4D88.30%
    5W, 5D89.50%
    5W, 6D90.60%
    6W, 0D91.60%
    6W, 1D92.50%
    6W, 2D93.40%
    6W, 3D94.10%
    6W, 4D94.70%
    6W, 5D95.30%
    6W, 6D95.70%
    7W, 0D96.10%
    7W, 1D96.50%
    7W, 2D96.80%
    7W, 3D97%
    7W, 4D97.20%
    7W, 5D97.40%
    7W, 6D97.50%
    8W, 0D97.60%
    8W, 1D97.70%
    8W, 2D97.80%
    8W, 3D97.80%
    8W, 4D97.90%
    8W, 5D97.90%
    8W, 6D97.90%
    9W, 0D97.90%
    9W, 1D (and on)98%+

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• MamaPigon said:
    Hi fellow mama's and MTB! I am about 5 weeks pregnant (so super early). I am also a MTB who doesn't have a mother figure so I am unsure/embarrassed/afraid to ask a lot of questions and I also suffer from GAD and MDD (but take medication for it) so as you can imagine I have a lot of questions, concerns, and am looking for guidance and advice from others.

I haven't experience morning sickness, unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then I am super nauseous.  My MS hit between 6-7 weeks but was somewhat mild although it lasted all day. Lots of lucky women get no morning sickness at all but some get it far worse! I sometimes get dull "cramps" or I think they are (could be gas? LOL) is that normal? Yep totally normal! Your little tiny uterus is stretching out to hold that baby. I got the most cramps early like you are but still have some every day or two. Even some spotting is normal - light pink, red, or brown. It's good to let your doc know, but it's usually normal unless you can fill a pad in an hour or two. Your cervix is very vascular right now, so it's easy to irritate it. Sex, pelvic exams, straining for a BM, even really hard coughing can cause a vessel to burst causing spotting for a day or two. Just letting you know because I got a terrible cold and was coughing like crazy and had some brown spotting for a few days and it freaked me out.  I am worried because I really want this to be a successful pregnancy and I hear so often about how OFTEN they are not successful. I take a prenatal (prenatal + DHA), calcium chews, I eat healthy, and exercise regularly (my husband and I do 4 mile walks about 5 days a week). I read that if my first ultrasound (Nov. 28th) shows a heartbeat, that the chances of a successful pregnancy increases to 97%. But I am so anxious waiting for that doctor appointment. 

Are these normal feelings/experiences/concerns? What were your concerns and how did you handle it?
    You got great info but I just wanted to reinforce! 
    Also I second joining your BMB since it will be more active than this one. Go ahead and get yourself some Tylenol (no more Advil or aspirin and you're likely to get headaches in a few weeks) and Colace. Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water - 60-80oz per day. Or liquids of any kind once your MS kicks in if water becomes hard to drink. You're totally normal to be worried but you'll most likely be just fine!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Also I wanted to add that the hormones may make your appetite lower than you're used to. I have lost about 15lbs so far at 12 weeks and my doc is not concerned as long as I am getting nutrients and fluids etc. don't be surprised if you lose a few lbs. (if it's 10+ do make sure your Dr is aware since I don't know anything about your health or build etc). Supposedly once second tri starts, it comes back!!

• Don't know about you @SaphireSweetie88 but I just love offering reassurance just to have no one read it....
  • @ShadeofGreen816 - Eh it is what it is. It is a bit frustrating though!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the chart, SaphireSweetie88, I found it extremely helpful. Can you tell me what source it is from?
  • @lien82

I am not sure of the original source. I copied it from my BMB - July 2017
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Curious where you found these percentages. Sometimes the worry eats me alive! Needed to see this. 
  • Whoops just saw your response previously!