Baby Names

Rate my list

Next baby is just a hope at this point but I've baby fever bad and am thinking names.

I have a good list of boys names with the two front runners being Jove and Tygo (rhymes with Viggo)

My girl's list needs some work as none feel 100% like "my"names if thst makes sense... but neither did my daughter's name till she was about 1.5 years old :p

- Davy
- Evie (Dutch pronounciation- EH-VEE not EE-VEE
- Mabry 
- Maple
- Sanne (another Dutch one- it is a diminutive that has gone mainstream- from Susanne pronounced very similar to sauna but with different vowel sound on the first a.)

Middle name would likely be either Jay or Reid.

Would you give any of those side eyes?

I'm fond of 2 syllable girls names, husband wants to avoid top 100-200 names on USA charts.

Re: Rate my list

• Are all the names Dutch? And how Dutch is your family? Is that a requirement for suggestions? And the middle names are for the boys or girls names or both? What is your first child's name?

Tygo is awful, even assuming it's a real name and reasonable for you to have an unrecognizable cultural name due to heritage, Jove ALL THE WAY. 

Of the girls, Davy will be interpreted as going with the boys name for girls trend, Evie is sweet, Mabry sounds made up, Maple is nms but nothing fundamentally wrong with it, and I could be convinced of Sanne depending on the answers to the questions above.
  • The boys names are not really my style, but I'm not one to side eye many names and I wouldn't side eye you for those..
    The girls names I'm not a fan of Davy but I love Sanne and Evie. I used to work with an Evi who was "Eh-vee".

Suggesting:

Noa, Elke, Milou, Anouk, Silvie for a girl.

Jasper, Otto, Fritz, Coen, Felix, for a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're super dutch, Danner I'd fine, otherwise Naples is really your only other option. I personally really dislike diminutives like Evie, it feels childish. 

And I can only think of Davey Jones with Davy. 
  • Thanks guy!

Tygo, Evie and Sanne are Dutch names, spelled the normal way and all very popular in the Netherlands- but rarely used in USA. I am 75% Dutch and most of my relatives are 100% and speak Dutch fluently to boot. I don't speak it because I suck at languages but could get by in a pinch.

Mabry is the name of a mill (Mabry's Mill) that is by my parents house and it is a beautiful scentic place.

Middle names are girls or boys. If we find a first name we love that doesn't flow with the middle names we may consider a new one- but we'd like to honor our family with the middle name.

My daughters name is Dahlia, though for those that are interested. Our dog is Quinn and our cat is Gallina (chicken in spanish) and we call her Lina- as far as my naming style goes.

names don't have to be Dutch. I just like Dutch names :)
  • DsMom said:
    Thanks guy!

Tygo, Evie and Sanne are Dutch names, spelled the normal way and all very popular in the Netherlands- but rarely used in USA. I am 75% Dutch and most of my relatives are 100% and speak Dutch fluently to boot. I don't speak it because I suck at languages but could get by in a pinch.

Mabry is the name of a mill (Mabry's Mill) that is by my parents house and it is a beautiful scentic place.

Middle names are girls or boys. If we find a first name we love that doesn't flow with the middle names we may consider a new one- but we'd like to honor our family with the middle name.

My daughters name is Dahlia, though for those that are interested. Our dog is Quinn and our cat is Gallina (chicken in spanish) and we call her Lina- as far as my naming style goes.

names don't have to be Dutch. I just like Dutch names :)
    Is Sanna an option? I like Sanne and Evie but if you live in the states, I think that these names will be mispronounced all the time.

I would MN Mabry if it is an important place to you. IMO it doesn't it work well as a FN.

Jay and Reid are quite masculine so I would nix the for MNs.