April 2017 Moms
Options

STM+: Elf on the Shelf (non-pregnancy related)

BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
edited November 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Who's doing it? 

What day do you have your Elf come for the first time? 

Is your Elf mischievous/naughty? or Nice?

Any fun ideas with your elf this year? 
April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM+: Elf on the Shelf (non-pregnancy related)

• Options
    I like to see what others do, but we don't do it.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We do it! He is usually mischievous. In the past, he's played cards with stuffed animals, taken my daughters glasses and read a book, made a zip-line with ribbon, rode in on a fake reindeer...we usually leave a letter from the elf to the kids. He arrives on the morning of December 1. The kids love it and think it's fun. When we really think out what is happening we do elaborate things, but usually it goes like this: "Crap! it's 11pm and we forgot the Elf!" and then we run and move it... 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't do the elf on the shelf, we do the belt on the shelf!  Lol, j/k  But seriously, that thing is wayyyy tooo creepy looking for me.  

• Options
    I have a friend that does it and she is super creative with it - a lot of it is inappropriate for children though. I think now that her son is older and understands, she's no longer going to go that route. 

I don't do it because dolls of any sort creep me out. @shaunessa thanks for the nightmare material! 
  • Options
    We had it out last year, but DD had just turned 2 and didn't really get it. So it could stay in the same place for days on end. This year she will be three and totally understand so I'm going to have to remember to move it.

@ebloom3 I have seen a ton of cute ideas too, but i'm wondering if most nights will be the "crap its 11 and we haven't moved that thing" as well. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We bought one last Christmas because DH saw a University of Kentucky one and insisted. I don't think he even knew it was an elf on the shelf. DS is two so if we do do it we won't start till next year. If we don't the UK elf will just be decoration.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We do it. DS just turned 3 and we did it last year too. He kind of got that the elf us watching for good behavior last year, but I think he will understand a bit better this year. We don't do any of the cute scenes and stuff...I can barely manage to move the elf every day!
  • Options
    No elf. Our Babes is not even 2 yet. I don't see the point. Also, our hound dog is mischievous enough if we need a naughty "elf". 
  • Options
    We do it!  we started about 4 years ago when my stepson was 6ish. he's 10 now and I think he will be over it this year lol my 1 year old obviously won't get into for a couple of years.  I have fun with it most of the time though.  some nights (lazy , tired nights)  he's good and just sits in a new place.  other nights he's getting into something or playing pranks. 
  • Options
    Nope, never, no way.  Not happening, ever. Kudos to those that do it, but it's a nooooooooo for me.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019