October 2016 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.14.2016

• It just really hit me that Thanksgiving is approaching, and I'm the one who always gets everyone together... I don't want to this year =/ 
  • @AllyTheKid I know, me too. I tried my best to get out of hosting it this year, but it didn't work. So far I'm not expected to cool anything, so there's that. 
    My random is that I'm sad about how quiet our board is now (although I do much more lurking than participating now, so I really shouldn't complain about it.) I miss everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea this board is like a ghost town now with just a few of us carrying on  :/ I can't believe November is now half way over, time is flying by these days.
  • I won't bail out if you guys won't! I understand everybody else being busy with their babies, and suduced by the convenience of the FB Group, but I miss everyone too... 
  • I miss this board being active as well - and I'm on Facebook! Opening this app isn't any more cumbersome than going to Facebook, really. Plus, I like the organization on here. 

My random is that I'm pumping and feeding LO bottles for the next few days to make sure he's getting enough (he still hasn't gotten back to birth weight. He'll be two weeks on Thursday). And, damn, pumping and bottle feeding is a pain in the ass - especially when you're home alone with your baby and toddler. And the dishes!  :s
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sad our first attempt at a bottle didn't go well. But I have higher hopes trying a different brand next time. I really wanted to enjoy more than one beer tonight. Oh well!
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @F47- :/ I completely understand that frustration. I had to do that with my first but with no supply I also tried power pumping (didn't work). I felt like I was always just feeding or pumping. I hope it gets better for you soon! 

@ibabyloveb87 my ped gave me the advice that it should be a slow flow and a hard nipple. I went through all my bottles to pick that combo and the baby seemed to do ok/like that. 
  • I'm glad that people still use this board. I was more of a lurker, usually stuck to my weekly ticker change as I found the bigger threads hard to keep up with using only the mobile app. 

I went through a lot of different bottles to find the one Emilia likes. she does really well with the Dr. Brown variable flow nnipple.  The slow flow made her work too hard and she would be too tired to finish her bottle, but she can't keep up the medium flow. I swear she likes the Dr. Brown because it has the most parts to clean . 

My random is my OCD loves that there are 100 birth announcements in our thread. 
  • Kittens22Kittens22 member
    edited November 2016
    My random might be more of a pretty problem... Whatever.

I feel like such an idiot! after baby was born and the nurses were teaching me how to breastfeed, they mentioned that he should eat every 2-3 hours... This I already knew. What I DIDN'T realize until they told me was that it was 2-3 hours, start to start... ooooooh. I didn't say anything cause of course now it makes perfect sense to me, but I told my dh last night about it so how ripped off I feel since LO doesn't even make it to 2 hours between feedings yet and id gone into this expecting 2-3 hours sleep at a time sometimes. But then he admitted hadn't realized that either lol. so then we had a really good long laugh at ourselves;)
  • @ibabyloveb87 we've used philips avent naturals from week 1. DH gives one bottle of BM during the night and we occasionally give an extra ounce or two here and there of BM if she still seems hungry after a feeding because I suspected her tongue tie was causing her to not feed efficiently or get enough. Anyway, we haven't had any problems with the avent and newborn slow flow nipples (number 1) and switching back and forth. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @F47 pumping+feeding+toddler+dishes is inanity. I understand your frustration!
  • @ibabyloveb87 @chriscasey33  My little one also takes Avent newborn #1. We didn't have any issues with him taking the bottle, but I'm still using a nipple shield while bf. I think it was an easy transition because he is used to the  plastic from the shield. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BabySunshine4 I use a nipple shield too. Definitely trying the Avent bottles next time. 
  • @BabySunshine4 @ibabyloveb87 another nipple shield mama here. Although we've transitioned away from it. My LO must be resilient because we had pacis, nipple shields, and bottles all in the mix and it's worked so far (knock on wood). I never thought about how using a nipple shield may actually help in going to the bottle. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • I haven't disappeared! I'm just never on my computer since I'm not at work yet, and my phone dies in 2 seconds, adn I'm always stuck with a baby in my lap haha 
  • @SpaceBurger Eek! I have never been so happy to see that ostrich face! Miss you girl!  <3
  • I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here either. Makes me sad because that means I go back to work shortly after.  :(

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @wegme27 I can't load the birth announcements thread anymore but congratulations!
  • @AllyTheKid thanks!  Same to you!   I thought I hit post reply when I originally tried posting it but somehow it got hung up in the text box so I just posted the other day. I guess better late then never!  She was born on 10/17 though. Month old today!  I've been consumed by a newborn and a 3 year old so haven't been on much. Plus I hate mobile bumping. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Has anybody had a period again yet?
    No. I just stopped PP bleeding. Getting the Mirena in 2 weeks so kinda hoping I never get mine back!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

Nope. Just also finally finished PP bleeding. I never thought that would end!  I didn't get my period after having DS for around a year because of breastfeeding. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @AllyTheKid nope but I think I'm just about done with PP bleeding. Downgraded to panty liners yesterday and there was barely anything this morning. Hoping period stays away a little longer! 
  • Nope but I started feeling faint cramps. I'm not ready for a period, I hope it's not a warning of things to come.
  • I hope my hasn't come back... I finally was done with PP bleeding (almost 5 weeks) and last night I woke up to bright red blood... it's just spotting but I haven't seen bright red in awhile... I'm breastfeeding so I was hoping it would be gone for awhile.
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Don't think I've had a period yet, I haven't had much bleeding at all since my CS until about a week ago I had some that required a pad for a few days. That went away and now nothing again. I'm about 1 month PP, so I think it would have been too early for that to have been my period.
  • No, but I'm starting the pill again on Sunday, so I'm guessing it will come in the next 4 weeks :( not looking forward to it one bit. 
  • I have to poop but I'm being held captive by this tiny terrorist!

Haha this has been me a couple times too, baby sleeping  > mom pooping or peeing 
  • Nope on starting my period yet, I am also starting Mirena in two weeks and hoping I don't get one. I know there are mixed reviews about it so we shall see. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH got a squatty potty. I've never seen anyone so excited about poop.  :D
  • Today was world prematurity day. I'm amazed how tough little babies are. my little girl was 2 months early, she's so much stronger than I am. to all other moms here who may have had a preemie, here is a day to recognize your strength. normally I'm much more articulate but I'm so tired...
  • The 6 week growth spurt is coming to an end but it really did a number on me. I feel like I've been hung over for the past week. I need to go back to napping during the day.
  • The 6 week growth spurt is coming to an end but it really did a number on me. I feel like I've been hung over for the past week. I need to go back to napping during the day.
    Omg it is no joke! I think we are starting to come out of it, but holy cow. Brutal! And to think he was supposed to start daycare this week during it!!
  • I just got the Nexplanon implant in my arm yesterday and started a bit of spotting. I'm going to assume it was just from the shock of new hormones in my body, it already tapered off so safe to say it isn't aunt flow. 

Just in case anyone is wondering, it didn't hurt getting the implant, the numbing shot is the worst part honestly. I got it in my dominant arm because I have a tattoo on my other arm in the place they wanted to position it that I didn't want potentially altered, and I haven't had any issues really other than a bit of tenderness and bruising that is already fading 
  • Anyone else contemplating becoming a born-again virgin after attempting sex for the first time PP? Even with a c-section here....OUCH.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel terrible that I never get on here anymore but its so hard to balance thebump and fb and the baby. Sorry ladies. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @LGW2015 it was painful after a C-section too?? Damn :/  I'm only 4 weeks PP so haven't attempted yet, but sex was super painful for me the entire pregnancy for some reason that could never be figured out, so I was hoping that since I had a CS it wouldn't be too bad PP. Guess time will tell...ah, not looking forward to it but DH sure is.
  • Lube ladies, LUBE. And patience.