July 2017 Moms
Options

When do the food aversions/cravings start?

I suspect I'm using pregnancy as an excuse, but I'm barely ku'd and not even 4 weeks pregnant! 

i need to slow my roll, I think. 

Re: When do the food aversions/cravings start?

• Options
    Perhaps you could check out either the symptoms thread or the what my pregnant self is eating thread where this topic is being discussed.
  • Options
    It's different for everyone, however as @caribbeanmama suggested you should look into the threads that are already started.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for guiding me here - I did look through a few search functions and stopped short of trying to piece together timelines and cravings to get an answer to my question. 
  • Options
    osucma said:
    It's different for everyone, however as @caribbeanmama suggested you should look into the threads that are already started.
    I was going to say this but you beat me to it @osucma  lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I only had aversions on the 3 days I was nauseous so far - week 6.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    This is always one of my most obvious symptoms (I don't get many - usually fatigue, extreme thirst, and bloat). I don't get noticeable cravings, but the aversions are brutal. The whole first trimester of my last pregnancy, from about week six on, even the thought of some of my favorite foods was enough to turn my stomach. My husband asked me yesterday if I wanted sautéed onions with the steak tips he was making and I literally gagged. The smell of garlic (which I usually eat in full, roasted cloves) makes me have to send plates back if we are eating out. If anyone has been to Oahu, the whole North Shore is loaded with garlic shrimp trucks and you can smell it from miles away. I can't even go up there for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    5+6 here and the food aversion hit me a few days ago. I have no desire to eat and just thinking about food makes me nauseous. I'm living off bananas and cinnamon applesauce because they are bland. Im only eating because I have to, not because I want to
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My first pregnancy I had absolutely none. No food cravings, aversions nothing. This time I've had cravings where I can't eat anything else but that since 4 weeks maybe earlier. 
  • Options
    So far zero cravings, allllllll aversions! This happened with DS pregnancy, also. I have to force myself to eat anything at all. Everything sounds gross and will make me gag smelling it or thinking about it! 
  • Options
    I haven't really had any cravings or aversions per se, but smells are killing me. Mostly I'm trying to avoid overly spicy foods since I've got bad indigestion these days...
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    It's different with everyone. So far, I haven't had any yet this pregnancy but with ds around 9-10 weeks I started hating all meat. Just walking through the meat department in the store made me gag!

I also had a huge craving for oranges last time around 6 or 7 weeks I think. MH came home from work one day and I was sitting on the couch with a bag of oranges next to me and an old grocery bag on my lap full of peels lol 
  • Options
    I'm 6 + 4 and food adversions and slight nausea started a week ago for me. Feeling better today though. Praise the Lord! 
  • Options
    @ThePecks - I hear you on the smells. The litter box for the cat bothers me even a day or so after it's been cleaned. And of course DH is the only one who can clean it now so I feel bad but I keep bothering him about it.
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight, apparently.
  • Options
    Mine hit hardcore at 6 weeks and had only gotten worse (7w1d now) along with the nausea and throwing up/gagging.literally everything sounds horrible and I don't know if I can eat something until right before I do and then a few minutes later I usually realize that was a mistake. I had this with DD as well although I don't think quite as bad but it's hard to remember. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abmommy15abmommy15 member
    edited November 2016
    With my first the cravings started in the middle of the second tri.  With this one they started about a week ago.  Haven't had true aversions with either but occasionally I will sit down to a dinner that sounded delicious and suddenly it's the last thing I want to eat.  I wouldn't call it an aversion though because I will eat it later or the next day.  Pregnancy does bizarre things to my eating habits.