Tyler Hunter 
    Audree Lynn

if a boy: Brandon Shea
    if a girl: Brynleigh Shea 

*all mn are family names, first names are just names we could agree on.*
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Loading the player...
  • I love Eliza Diane for a girl, Diane being for my mom who passed away July 2011
    Troy is top of my list for boys, and like Alexander for a middle name but not 100% on it though 
  • We have discussed names and I'm loving Kennedy Elizabeth C.
     For a girl
    and for a boy either
    Reed Matthew C.
    or
    Noah Michael C. 

Reed and Kennedy are not very common where I live but they aren't to out of the ordinary which I also like. Hubs likes Harper for girl too which I also like but sounds very harsh with the last name.

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

• I probably wouldn't have a name til baby is born lol.
  • Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    edited November 2016
    Last time DH and I could not agree on a name for DD until after she was born. We finally decided she looked like a Madeline. Good choice @klstone25 ;)

This time I'm hoping DH will agree to Lydia Grace after my grandmother.

No idea where to begin for a boy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @satsumasandlemons I am on the love Juniper train! Different, but not too different and it's not super common.
    @GG620 I am in LOVE with the name Milo!
    @lulilaev just my personal opinion here but I am not a fan of the name McCartney for a girl. =/ sorry.
    @babybump2 I think Amelia Jo is a lovely name, and a cute way to honor dad :)

We are also not telling anyone in our family/friends what our names are so I LOVE to talk about it on here of course! If we have a boy he will be named after his dad: William John. If we have a girl she will be named Marguerite Elizabeth after my grandma (1st N) and me (MN).

• Oh my goodness! Names haven't even crossed my mind yet!

Juniper is cute, but definitely NMS. I know tons of Adeline/Adelaide's but if you love it, use it. I like Amelia Jo. 
  • Current names:

DD- Aubrey Michelle (she has my mn)

DS- Brody Layne (named after Lane Frost bc DH is obsessed)

If girl- Maddie Kay (mn after MIL and I want to call her MK)
    If boy- nothing yet.
  • Pepper16 said:
    @satsumasandlemons I absolutely LOVE the name Juniper!! It's actually the title of one of my favorite books from growing up (the main girl's name was Juniper). I think it's stunning and doesn't actually sound odd to me at all. Totally professional. I don't typically like unusual names and we're going with traditional British names like my own and MH's, so maybe the fact that Juniper sounds so beautiful and perfect to me should give you hope that people won't think it's too weird? Seriously. I LOVE Juniper. Now you've got it stuck in my head, but don't worry, I promise not to steal it (probably :) 

I love that!! yes, more Junipers for the world! 
  • @satsumasandlemons  I absolutely LOVE juniper ! 

H and and I can't agree. I'm in love with Ezra for a boy but H says we can't use it. Our other kids are Isaiah, Ivy and Idris and he says it doesn't go. As for girls we haven't come up with anything yet. 
    I LOVE Ezra, but man, with three I's, I'd look for another I name, too..... what's your girl name? I personally love Isla :) 
  • Is anyone considering gender neutral names?  H and I are pretty set on team green.  The names that are sticking out to me right now are Linden and Remi.
    We're not team green but the only girl names we seem to agree on are unisex/gender neutral because neither of us really like cutesy or girly names. So far we only agree on Jordan and Jessi for a girl. 

We chose our boy name over a year ago before my first miscarriage. Alexander James. He'll probably go by Alex or A.J. 

oh no i'm stuck in the box.... I love Remi! We're thinking Elliott as a mn for a girl if we don't have a boy. That's our one boy name. So..... Juniper Elliott? Does that sound weird? Flame away, I need to hear it!
  • ktewart said:

I wanted to let you know I got the chills last night reading this. How beautiful. 
  • I forgot to add the Girl name.  Pregnancy brain!   Our girl will be Everly Elizabeth.  We have a Lilah and an Aubree. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • DH is going to be a hard sell but Poppy and Evie are the top two girl names right now.  Ronan is our boys name and we agree on that.  We will be using family names for middle names.

@kghusker1003, unfortunately dh did not like Everly but if he had that would be our girl name.  I'm a little jelly.
  • @bittermelody, thank you! I keep rolling it around in my head and every time I say it, it just makes me smile. That's the reaction you want from a baby name, you know?
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
    edited November 2016
    @kghusker1003 I'm partial to Everly since that's DD's name. We spelled it Everleigh though
  • I forgot to add the Girl name.  Pregnancy brain!   Our girl will be Everly Elizabeth.  We have a Lilah and an Aubree. 
    I think that is really pretty!  

And just out of curiosity, are you from NE?  (I'm taking a guess b/c the 'husker' in your name ;) )

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kelsey813 said:
    I love Eliza Diane for a girl, Diane being for my mom who passed away July 2011
    Troy is top of my list for boys, and like Alexander for a middle name but not 100% on it though 
    @kelsey813 Eliza is my name (hence the username OhEliza) and although I am obviously a little partial, I think it is the perfect name. Throughout my life I've never had to share my name with someone else at school or in my social circle, but it is still common and traditional enough that people have heard it before and aren't like "what the hell were your parents thinking?" I get compliments on my name all the time for that reason. Cheers!
  • klkriegklkrieg member
    edited November 2016
    I am pretty obsessed with the naming process. I have a lists going all the time of names I like, even when I am not pregnant. I love old lady names that are unique and not overused but are not too "weird". My daughter's name is Vera. Like I stated earlier in this post, I really want Sylvia for this baby if it's a girl, but my hubby is not on board! :( I would love to hear some of your favorite "old lady" names...
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD is Max Elliot and DS is Mia Crystal (after my mom who passed away in 2010). DH and I cannot agree on any girl names but if we have a boy he will be Cal Wyatt and I'm hoping DH will agree to Zoe because I love it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @klkrieg - Both my daughters have what I consider traditional/old lady names:
    Eleanor Rose ("Ellie") and
    Clare Elizabeth

For a boy we are leaning towards Thomas Burton after my grandfather who passed away this year. I also like Ben for a boy. My husband likes traditional Biblical names.

For a girl - no idea. The name Lucille/Lucy popped into my head last week so that is probably on the list. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @LimeKrazy I am in Nebraska!

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Love this thread! When I was pregnant with ds I had a man ask the names we were thinking and he was so rude. Just like no, dumb, stupid. Well excuse me this ain't your kid. Our parents were great never negative but helped give only another option or two but not to many. 

Anyways- hubby and I really like Sophia and Olivia for a girl but there on the top 10 list. Ds is Oliver and I hear it all the time now so I'm afraid to use either of those and it be overly popular again. 

We have no ideas for boys names! So I've been watching what all of you are picking. 
  • okay you guys i'm so sorry, I had made another account thinking my account was lost forever... anyways, that bittermelody person up there is me and apparently i got commenting rights. I am not a troll i promise! 
  • @morgarita we have a Sophia and I had an initial hesitation too because it was popular. I had loved the name my whole life. We went ahead with it and I couldn't be happier. I love calling my daughter by that name and honestly I am not overly concerned with it being popular for a couple reasons:

1 - you can go back and forth on the pros and cons of both popular and unique names but it doesn't matter if it is the name you love. 

2 - being a top 10 name is not proportionate to 10 or 20 years ago (I.e. While Sophia is a top name, the actual number of people naming their child that is much lower than a top name years ago as less people now opt for popular names and there are more variety of names - so there were more Jessica's 20 years ago then Sophia's today as far as raw volume) 

3 - if other people like the name it means it is a good name and will be recognizable and will give her something's to potentially bond with others. I remember there were three girls that all had my name in school and it was fun for us, no one resented it or felt less special
  • we have a running google doc with names.  We seem to be focusing on girl names because we are praying we don't end up with a 3rd boy.  The 2 we have now are so rambunctious and active I don't think we can handle a 3rd.

For girls right now we are loving Isabella and Madeline.  We have a list of boy names we don't hate, but none that I would say are contenders.  We haven't even begun to discuss middle names at this point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • klkrieg said:
    I am pretty obsessed with the naming process. I have a lists going all the time of names I like, even when I am not pregnant. I love old lady names that are unique and not overused but are not too "weird". My daughter's name is Vera. Like I stated earlier in this post, I really want Sylvia for this baby if it's a girl, but my hubby is not on board! :( I would love to hear some of your favorite "old lady" names...
    I love the name Sylvia! I had a teacher named Sylvester, and we all called him Syl. It's a cute nickname for a Sylvia too. Would your husband go for Sylvie?

Vera is a lovely name. :) Here are some old lady names off the top of my head: Agnes, Edith, Camilla (I love this name but DH says no), Hazel, Iris, Louise, Maude, Shirley, Wilhelmina. Some friends just named their daughter Dorothy (nn Dottie). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If it's a boy, it'll be Dylan. My H loves this name and as long as I can pick the middle name (top of my list is Gregory after my uncle), I'm ok with it.

I'm fairly positive that it'll be Catherine Carol if it's a girl. Both of our mom's are named Kathy (short for Katherine/Kathryn) and my maternal grandma an my H's paternal grandma are both named a variation of Carol. Her nickname would be either Katie or Cece.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @dcwtada - thanks for the perspective on top 20 names. Being an Emily born in the late 80s when it was huge late 80s early 90s I really didn't like that. But I do like some top 20 so knowing there is less volume is a positive spin.
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @baxgirl I will try to find one of the articles I read, but it definitely put it in perspective for me. 
  • If I had my way boy would be Deacon Frederick Leonard (Deacon because I love it, middle names are family names).  Girl would be Reagan Dianne Kathryn (middle names are family and first I love).  H has vetoed both names but I haven't totally given up hope.  He vetoed DS name until we were 2 weeks away from my EDD and now he loves it.  
  • We had Ward picked out for a boy's name the first time, but had a girl. It's a family name, I hardly ever hear it, and it goes so well with my husband's last name - it sounds like an NFL player name (so, of course he'll be good at chess instead  :)
    I have no idea for a girl. We'd narrowed it down to two by the time I went to the hospital, but couldn't decide until she was 48 hours old. Wouldn't recommend that! 
  • tsarina said:
    klkrieg said:
    I love the name Sylvia! I had a teacher named Sylvester, and we all called him Syl. It's a cute nickname for a Sylvia too. Would your husband go for Sylvie?

Vera is a lovely name. :) Here are some old lady names off the top of my head: Agnes, Edith, Camilla (I love this name but DH says no), Hazel, Iris, Louise, Maude, Shirley, Wilhelmina. Some friends just named their daughter Dorothy (nn Dottie). 
    No, he won't go for Sylvie either... already tried! :neutral:
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well if it's a boy we chose John Walter in honor of both of our grandpa's. If it's a girl we have no idea! Our DD is Valorie so I don't know how we can top that!
  • This is going to be the biggest struggle for me. DH is very adamant in his boy names. He also says we can't just pick names because we like them... they have to mean something. His boy names are Wayland Porter or Dennis Porter. I don't like either first name. I want to compromise with Porter Henry. His girl name is Nell Reed. I prefer unisex names for girl first names. I currently like Ryan Nell.
  • Is Jack short for something?  I like Jack but it doesn't quite go with William for a middle name not that that matters but. I heard a mom call her son that this morning and felt it was so cute. 
  • @morgarita it originally was a nickname of John but recently has been a nickname for Jackson or Jacob 
  • I've heard Jack be short for a number of names - usually (as far as the scope of my experience goes), believe it or not, John. I've also heard it as a nickname for Jacob.

The origin actually dates back to around 1200. John and Jen were very common peasant names in Norman culture. "-kin" was also added to monikers to defer to someone. So, Jenkin and Johnkin were probably common things to say, and those eventually became "Jake" with a connection to John.

That said, I've not heard a nickname for the middle name only, so it could be William Jack. I agree, it sounds a bit staccato.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker