January 2017 Moms

Labor Playlist

Do you have a playlist made for when you're in labor? What's on it?? 

Personally I'm wanting to find good songs that are soothing and also some to pump me up! I may make 2 different lists just to cover both bases. 
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Labor Playlist

• Soothing music bores me most of the time, so I was thinking of using songs that make me smile, want to move around, that kind of vibe. The hospital also offers nature sounds, which I would personally prefer over soothing music. The nurse who did my hospital tour said one woman had tribal drums and danced her way through labor! That sounds like my kind of mood lol

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• I love spa music when I'm in that environment so I was kinda wanting to have some of that queued up if I felt like it. I've just never really sought it out before. But I just figure it might help me relax? I dunno.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a playlist last time. Instead we left the tv on and DD was born to an episode of Tiny House Hunters. I probably won't make a playlist this time but it cant hurt to have one ready if you feel like you need it in the midst of things
  • I have 2 playlists that I am still working on... One is called "Happy Place" it is filled with songs that I love to sing along with or make me want to shake my booty - Sia, Talking Heads, Nelly,  Trampled by Turtles, Mumford and Sons, Missy Eliot and Florence and the Machine. The other is called "Push" and it is filled with songs that are a bit more agro - the kind of songs that would usually be on my extreme skiing playlist to get me in the groove - The White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem, Alt-J, The Cranberries.

As far as relaxing music, I have this one pianist that I love - Ludovico Einaudi so I will probably have his station playing on Spotify and I think there is relaxing music from my hypnobabies class.

Love this thread! Can't wait to get more suggestions!!!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm thinking about just bringing my Escala CD to the hospital. I don't know what kind of set up they have for music, if any,  though....
  • I was thinking of making a few playlists, including songs I've played for him throughout the pregnancy. He loves the bass in rap but also enjoys some 80s rock. I think both those genres will help motivate me during labor. I'll also probably bring my entire box set of the Sex & the City series as a distraction. I'm worried the music will start to irritate me after some time. 
  • I have a few songs that I listened to when I found out I was pregnant. Also a few that remind me of my first daughter's pregnancy. 
  • I have thought about making a Playlist but am not sure I would use it. Last time they just put on calming nature music on the TV and I honestly didn't even notice it was on until after I gave birth. I don't feel like it had an effect either way for me.
  • With my son, we played through country countrymusic channel mostly, cause cause my laptop wouldn't connect to the hospital WiFi and my fiances phone didn't have space for my playlist. this time I'll have my phone and my music lol 

• We've been talking about throwing an audio book on because I'm a big book nerd and get engrossed really easily. I'm debating about making a pump up Playlist just in case I'm not into the book. 
  • I have a few Spotify playlists I've been building. I also plan on having some good Netflix going in the background. Playlist include: the Milk Carton Kids, Alt-J, Lana Del Rey, Shovels and Rope, any many more. A good mix of up and down.  

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• One thing my doula mentioned was having a decent amount of music with no words. She said sometimes as labor really starts to progress, lyrics and words can really frustrate you because it's harder to focus. May not be the same if you're planning on getting an epidural, but that's been her experience with natural births.
  • Yes! I made a 100+ song list on Spotify called 1/6/2017! I am big on playlists, and I started making the list a few months after I found out I was pregnant.  I have it split into labor, pushing, and after the baby is here. The link is below, if anyone is interested! It's a mixture of all genres!

https://open.spotify.com/user/122335451/playlist/74D5WwYpVpnHz4nIDSP2qm

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird