July 2017 Moms

July 2017 baby name ideas

ericandmariaericandmaria member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
For anyone who wants a sound board on baby names :)

Re: July 2017 baby name ideas

• Loading the player...
  • GG620GG620 member
    edited November 2016

DH and I are deadset - if we have a girl we would name her either Adelaide or Avalon. For a boy, not sure. We like the name Milo, but not completely sold yet - thoughts?

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• GG620 said:

DH and I are deadset - if we have a girl we would name her either Adelaide or Avalon. For a boy, not sure. We like the name Milo, but not completely sold yet - thoughts?

I LOVE milo!! Also love Adelaide and would love Adeline too but we have so many Addy/Adi's around here
  • GG620 said:

I LOVE milo!! Also love Adelaide and would love Adeline too but we have so many Addy/Adi's around here

oh really? haha. We know absolutely no one with either of those names ha. Come move to jersey ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• It must be a California thing then, @GG620
  • klkriegklkrieg member
    edited November 2016
    I love Sylvia for a girl, but my husband is NOT on board which makes me sad. He is also dead-set on our boy name starting with a "J" because his name and our son's name both do, which was not on purpose. Ugh! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have had our girl name picked out for ages. We even have twin girl names picked out. Boy name is so so much harder. I have a ten year old boy with the perfect name so I am like ughhh what else is there? 

@satsumasandlemons Juniper is very pretty and I know the partners in my firm didn't get to where they are because their name sound professional. Hell we had someone working here named Ice and another named Twinkle... 
    EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • For a boy we're pretty set on Maxton (nn Max)
    I love the name McCartney (nn Mickie) for a girl since it incorporates my maiden name, but don't want people to think of the Beatles so hubby isn't sold on it. Is it too weird? 
    Big sister is Everleigh, so obviously we don't do traditional names! :)

@satsumasandlemons I like it! 
    @theglitteredpterodactyl love all those names!
  • H and I are pretty traditional. For a girl we are leaning towards Emma Katherine and for a boy William Matthew nn Liam
  • @satsumasandlemons I absolutely LOVE the name Juniper!! It's actually the title of one of my favorite books from growing up (the main girl's name was Juniper). I think it's stunning and doesn't actually sound odd to me at all. Totally professional. I don't typically like unusual names and we're going with traditional British names like my own and MH's, so maybe the fact that Juniper sounds so beautiful and perfect to me should give you hope that people won't think it's too weird? Seriously. I LOVE Juniper. Now you've got it stuck in my head, but don't worry, I promise not to steal it (probably :) )
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @satsumasandlemons I have never heard Juniper as a name before, but I really like that! It's unique and very pretty. I don't see why it would be unprofessional. If you can't get your mind off it, then it's probably a good name to stick with ;)
    DH and I have been talking names for years, since this baby making business has been a very long road for us. We've agreed on the following names:

Girl- Amelia
    Boy -Charlie (which, apparently is now more popular for girls with that spelling but doesn't bother me)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited November 2016
    @satsumasandlemons I love all the whimsy too! Juniper is gorgeous and unique. 

Girl names - Chloe,  Rory,  Willow 
    Boy names I'm totally at a loss haha. I liked Liam for a long time, but I've seen so many Liams lately. I want to find something unique, old fashioned is a plus too. 

What do you think of Rory as a boys name? When we traveled in Europe we met several,  but haven't met any here. Don't want him to be teased,  but I do love it. 

Edit: Autocorrect fail 
    Me:27 DH:29 DD:4 / Married : May 8th 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "In a household of sensible jackets and haircuts there was this, well, what can I call her - nature thing. With her elfin eyes, her purple T-shirts and her eternally bare feet." -About Time

• H and I have been talking about baby names for years now. The names that we have picked out so far are:

Girl - Madeline Julia (nn Maddie)  
    Boy - Benjamin Daniel
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @ktewart you made me tear up with your sappy love story.  That's not a fair thing to do to a bunch of pregnant ladies!  Seriously, Colton Miles is a yes from the universe.
  • @caribbeanmama, aww, thank you! I have to say, it feels nice to be able to say it here because we've elected not to tell anyone our name choices this time around until baby is born. It's hard not to shout it from the roof tops. And as bad as it is (healthy baby sincerely is all that matters), I almost find myself hoping for another boy because I'm so head over heels in love with the name. Subconsciously, I've even started referring to
    my son and this baby as "the boys". I'm going to feel awfully silly if it ends up being Harper, haha.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @satsumasandlemons I absolutely love Juniper! What a beautiful name!!!! 
  • Thanks @caribbeanmama! I figured talking to people in the same birth month would be cool, not too much clicking around
  • @satsumasandlemons  I absolutely LOVE juniper ! 

H and and I can't agree. I'm in love with Ezra for a boy but H says we can't use it. Our other kids are Isaiah, Ivy and Idris and he says it doesn't go. As for girls we haven't come up with anything yet. 
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited November 2016
    If we have a girl, her name will be Amelia Jo. No significance of the first name but Joe is my husbands middle name so I picked that without the "e". If it's a boy his name will be Holden Michael. Holden is from our last pregnancy, it was always in our minds and Michael is my dads first name. 

I should add that we have kids named Giana Marie, O'Ryan Joseph and Easton Jack. 
  • Is anyone considering gender neutral names?  H and I are pretty set on team green.  The names that are sticking out to me right now are Linden and Remi.
    Love Remi! MH actually likes the name Remington for a girl with Remi as a nn.
  • I love Mika for a girl or Milly
  • @BarefootandPurple I know Rory as a boys name - growing up in the Caribbean.  It is considered an Irish name there (need to google to fact check if that is the actual origin).  The name of the tenor that sang at our wedding is Rory - so I have positive associations with that name.  I could see it here in the U.S. as a girls name though.
  • Should I feel guilty for picking novelty names that have no familial significance?! :lol: We are set on NOT sharing our names until LO is born, but both names are very unique and somewhat whimsical. I love interesting names that hold a special significance to the parents. Made up words and weird spellings are what turns me off though. Although I did have "Margaux" on my list, which DH vetoed...
  • We are pretty set on names. My girl name is probably flame worthy to some, but I love it and don't care what anyone else thinks of it.  Plus DH agreed. 

Boy will either be Ryan or Lincoln. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • My DH lost a sister when he was very young. He and his other sister had a pact that when they had kids the first one to have a girl would get to name it after her. So if it's a girl, it's pretty set. For a boy, haven't thought too much about it yet!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Nothing set here but DH and I are definitely more fans of traditional, older names although those are making a comeback. I loved Charlotte forever but it's becoming very popular around us and I have a SUPER popular name for my age bracket and I hated it as kid. I'd rather spare my kids of that.

Amelia is definitely up there for a girl. I also like Ruth. My name came from my great-aunt Ruth's middle name and I was almost just the reverse of her name (She was Ruth Emily and I was almost Emily Ruth until Mom decided to give me her name for my middle name instead)

I have less boy names. I have a few I will not use because of bad associations with them as a teacher (poor DH lost on Jackson ages ago because I just can't...I can't...). I do like Brendan and Brandon. DH likes Thomas which is my dad's name and his grandpa's name but brother and SIL called dibs - her dad is also Thomas.

Middle name is set as my maiden name (I did not legally change my last name because I like it, DH's last name is SUPER long, and I pulled my feminism card). If DH's last name wasn't so long I may have saddled my kids with a hyphenated name but their last name will already have a space in it...

Long last name also makes me think I should look for shorter first names...
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If we have a boy he will be Thomas Andrew after two of his uncles. Twin boys will be Thomas Christopher and Andrew Kenneth (middle names from grandfathers). 

A girl will be Theresa Maureen after her two grandmothers. Twin girls? We're thinking Theresa Joy or Theresa Elizabeth and Maureen Ruth or Ruth Maureen. 

We're planners and we love talking about names so the twin names are just in case!
  • @satsumasandlemons DS has a girl in his preschool class named Juniper. First time I ever heard it, but it's so cute.

@BarefootandPurple I had a student named rory last year. I believe it's Irish.

@ktewart I LOVED Colton, even before I finished reading your post. What  a great name!

DH and I are both super Irish, so we lean that way. We're thinking Maura or Maeve if it's a girl. For our son, we went with a family tradition, so we never really thought about them. My favorite boy name is Eamon, but I'm liking Seamus and Keegan, too.
  • Is anyone considering gender neutral names?  H and I are pretty set on team green.  The names that are sticking out to me right now are Linden and Remi.
    We're not team green but the only girl names we seem to agree on are unisex/gender neutral because neither of us really like cutesy or girly names. So far we only agree on Jordan and Jessi for a girl. 

We chose our boy name over a year ago before my first miscarriage. Alexander James. He'll probably go by Alex or A.J. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers