February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest, 11/14

2»

Re: Monday B*fest, 11/14

• @Spicyweiner both days?!! And isn't that Saturday and Sunday? Does he at least get paid double time or something? ☹️
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Spicyweiner That is messed up if other people on the schedule don't have either day!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Spicyweiner That is messed up if other people on the schedule don't have either day!
    Right?? 
  • The schedule had people either working fri/sat/sun or off completely. 
  • @Spicyweiner DH runs into the same issue. Even though technically an employee can't be punished for being on military orders, in reality the employers get cranky about it. DH was gone for just over 5 weeks at NTC, he requested a day off when he got back so he could decompress and his job said "Nope, you just had a vacation." They also overload him (retaliation IMO after schools, TDY's, and drill weekends) because other employees get cranky. Then they turn around and ask if he has any army buddies that are looking for a job because they like the work ethic, seriously wtf do they expect hiring another soldier?

At least your DH has a union that could maybe go to bat for him, god I hope they do!
  • Working the holidays sucks. My DH messed up and forgot to ask for Thanksgiving weekend off...and his family is coming down....so that's going to be fun. The schedule gets posted tonight, so he's doesn't know for sure if/when exactly he'll have to work over the holiday weekend yet. He's hoping he either just happens to get Thanksgiving off, or that there's a generous soul that will take his shift, but I sincerely doubt it.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I have been sick for over  a week now. I had a mild cold, then got my flu shot and TDAP and all hell broke loose. The past 3 nights I have been coughing all night. My head hurts from coughing and I keep peeing myself. Boo.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• The schedule had people either working fri/sat/sun or off completely. 
    That definitely sounds like it could be retaliation. Especially if there are enough people to each work 1 of the days so select people don't have to work both. Hopefully the union can help him out!!
  • How disgusting to punish someone like that for being on military orders @SpicyWeiner. Messed up. 

Any chance someone will trade a shift with him? Most of my friends in medical or public safety will gladly step in to make sure that a parent with young kids gets Christmas off. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear that @Spicyweiner . Similar to what @Xstatic3333 said, maybe one of your H's coworkers will trade with him?

When my dad worked at the prison, those with older/no kids looked out for the ones with younger kids. My dad was off almost every Christmas when my sister and I were younger, and then when we were older, he would work for the guys with little kids. 
  • @Spicyweiner thats awful, surely there has to be something to say whoever works thanksgiving doesnt work christmas? I hope his union rep can help out!
  • @janefelicity unless they are assholes like my husband's GM who says she "doesn't consider Thanksgiving a holiday, so it doesn't matter if you work it or not".

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @scifichick09 i just dont understand people like that. Whilst thanksgiving isnt something we celebrate here, i get its a massive holiday for you guys in the States.
  • @concreteangell I hope both you and your DS are feeling better

@purplewriter, I hope you're feeling better too

@ohstars, I'm sorry you're appointment was so nerve wracking!

@grapeskittles4lyfe, hope your inner thighs feel better! lol 
  • @janefelicity unless they are assholes like my husband's GM who says she "doesn't consider Thanksgiving a holiday, so it doesn't matter if you work it or not".
    Hahahaha it's a FEDERAL HOLIDAY but SHE doesn't think it counts? Must be nice to be so important...