February 2017 Moms

PGAL check in - week of 11/14

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL check in - week of 11/14

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 25 weeks, 2/22/16, Team Pink!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) My ribs feel like I spent the last week wearing a corset

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) As soon as she doesn't move for like an hour or so I freak out, but as long as she's moving regularly I feel Okay

5. When is your next appointment? Friday!  Finally!

6. Rants/raves/whatever I got nothing

7. Anything else on your mind? Not Really, I feel like I need to just lie in bed for a week.

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? My sense of perseverance.  
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 27+5, team blue

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) I've had really high blood pressure which hasn't been fun. Also been having lightening crotch/RLP. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Stressed out about our appointment Thursday with the surgeon and I feel like the baby dropped which may not mean anything but it's the same thing that happened with my first.

5. When is your next appointment? I originally had appointments on Thursday and Friday but I just looked and they moved my one appointment to be the same day as my other two so now I have my weekly ultrasound, pediatric surgeon, and 28 week OB appointment all on Friday so I will be at the hospital literally all day.

6. Rants/raves/whatever My husband is driving me nuts. He is stressed and has taken on a ton of house projects to channel his energy and our house is currently a disaster with stuff everywhere.

7. Anything else on your mind? I am really looking forward to all the delicious holiday food

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? How good I am at my job and my sense of humor. I also happen to think I'm a pretty amazing mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. introduction - haven't posted in awhile - Bump has been weird - I had a MC around Christmas last year at about 7 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) - not many - which is scaring me - see number 4

3. EDD? How far along are you? due Feb 14, 27 weeks tomorrow - team pink

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) - not good - little girl doesn't kick much - I usually feel her at least once every 24 hours but I would expect her to be moving more now. I'm terrified that something has gone wrong. If she doesn't kick much today I will likely call my doctor and see if they can see me tomorrow for a quick doppler check even if it isn't with my doctor. I think she kicked last night - but again not much.  DH doesn't understand why I'm worried - and I know that statistically speaking not much should go wrong at this point - but I'm worried and keeping it together. I had a lot of gas this weekend (some still today) - so some of her kicks might have been misinterpreted? It isn't really a decrease in frequency - she never has been a big kicker.

And then as I type she kicked me in a way that is almost definitely a kick and not gas - but still - just one kick and pretty light.

5. When is your next appointment? 2 weeks - I don't think I'll make it to then - I think PgAL will have me going in before that

7. Anything else on your mind - just getting worried about our little girl

8. 8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? I like how connected I am to my family.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catiecatp If you're worried I would definitely talk to your OB. Intuition is strong and worrying a lot isn't a good headspace to be in. It'll give you peace of mind for sure. PGAL is definitely not fun. :(

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Thanks @becbec28 - you're right - now I have to get through a few hours of work and then present to labour and delivery at the hospital. I hope I'm overreacting.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catiecatp Don't worry about overreacting. Mother's health is just as important as baby's health and that includes mentally. I hope this afternoon goes by quickly for you. Thoughts and prayers everything is ok and be sure to update :)

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 27 weeks tomorrow, 14-Feb, Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) RLP, carpal tunnel, BH, swollen feet, and (yay!) snissing 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  I am surprised at how well I have been with this lately. 

5. When is your next appointment? next Tuesday

6. Rants/raves/whatever I passed my glucose tolerance test!! 

7. Anything else on your mind? nope

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? my sense of humor
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?
    28w2d. 2/4 baby boy.

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)
    I feel pretty good! pretty normal heart burn, back ache etc, but nothing super uncomfortable.
    4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 
    Today is the day I delivered my last and the day I have been anxious about this whole pregnancy. But my BP looks perfect and the baby is growing beautifully. So no matter what happens now, we are in a better position with a healthy child. Really starting to feel like this baby is coming home with us!
    5. When is your next appointment? 
    I had my 28w OB appt today. appts every 2 weeks till 34weeks.
    6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Just so so thankful to still be pregnant.
    7. Anything else on your mind? 
    Negative. 
    8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself?
    I'm really organized and a great multitasker!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll update more tomorrow - baby girl is fine - PgAL brain sucks - I'll have a small rant, small rave, and general knowledge update that I wish I knew before that doesn't seem to be conveyed by any resource that I've seen (from books to apps to websites). But for now it is nearly 8 and I want to knit and go to bed relatively early. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yay & hugs @phlox728 for making it past the timing of your last delivery! I was so anxious to make it past 20 weeks and 1 day, the point I lost my twins. Just getting past that dreaded milestone is one step closer to believing things might be ok this time. 
  • 2. 26 weeks 5 days, due 2/15/17, team blue 

3. Symptoms- ugh. Last week I started feeling new pain, sort of like I rode a horse too long and then someone kicked me between the legs.

4. Anxiety- not knowing what this new fun pain was really had my head assuming the worst, that my cerclage was failing.

5. I have had appointments every 2 weeks since my cerclage was placed at 12.5 weeks. My appointment last week did not go well.

6. Rant- I saw an mfm that I don't particularly like last week. She refused to let me get a transvaginal ultrasound to look at my cerclage and insisted that her pelvic exam felt fine and therefore my cervix is fine. Then she told me my anxiety was causing me to over exaggerate normal pregnancy pains. Grr!!!! Yes, I have anxiety. I'm scared to death if my cervical cerclage fails, my baby will be born prematurely and won't survive. But I'm not crazy and am not imagining being in pain.
    (I've since talked to another mfm doctor and might have symphaseal pubis dysfunction. I'm getting rechecked either this week or my normal appointment next week, depending how I feel. He thinks the two halves of my pelvis are stretching too far apart. Ouch! And not imaginary.)

8. GTKY- I think I'm a good listener, have common sense and am smarter than average. (But my self esteem isn't the best, so that feels really awkward to write!) 
  • So my anxiety went through the roof yesterday and I don't know why it was so bad in particular yesterday but I do know that if we hadn't gone to L&D I probably would be quite anxious now too. It was a short wait and my rave is that the people there yesterday afternoon were lovely and the hospital itself seems nice. They put a monitor on me for 20-30 minutes, we listened to our girl and heard her kick the monitor 20+ times, but I didn't feel most of them even with some pressure on my belly, and some I could distinguish as kicks because I had auditory confirmation. 

That's my rave, my rant is a bit with DH though it isn't completely his fault - it is partly society and partly his own anxiety and worry about me. I just taught mental health and stereotypes in class - and I know I have some generalized anxiety issues (treated in the past, never labeled but in a sense that is a label because it wasn't labeled something else) and I definitely have major depression (I can't count the number of clinically diagnosed episodes I've had). Combine that with PgAL and you've got the potential for some issues overall. I can keep it in check most of the time - I was able to keep calm so long as I felt her every 12-24 hours but something changed this weekend and I don't know why. I didn't feel her much and was hypervigilant - doctor had said not to worry about it because I was so early on with an ant. placenta - but that was 2 weeks ago and I expected that she'd be kicking if not more then at least stronger since when she started - and that hasn't happened. DH doesn't understand the free floating anxiety and he wasn't upset with me so much as worried about me - apparently - but he also says things like "I don't know why you do this to yourself." But he was also stressed and anxious - he doesn't know how to help and he was worried for several hours too.  

My knowledge piece - apparently it is not uncommon to not feel much/any movement on a regular basis until about 28 weeks (which might be part of my anxiety because I'm 27 weeks today and thought it would be ramping up). And that is without taking into consideration an ant. placenta. This is different than everything I've read in books and online and in apps - but it is from a doctor so I'm trying to trust it more. I guess many people will feel movement, but not feeling her move much in 12-24 hours wasn't worrisome at all to the doctor. My discharge papers say "10x in 4hrs while doing kick counts, or decrease in overall movement (versus usual) or if you haven't felt any movement all day" BUT there was a caveat that it is for 28 weeks, and even then the ant. placenta could block some of her kicks. 

My next appointment is 28w6d - I have a gestational diabetes screen then as well as an appointment with my doctor - I'm giving baby until at least then before I start to worry about movement or lack there of. And then I'll ask for specific recommendations from the doctor.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catiecatp I'm glad you got some information to help and that everything looks good! Having anxiety is not fun and it never truly goes away. I was talking to a friend who's due in April and she was having anxiety because they had a few bumps early on and she hasn't felt him move yet. I told her that the anxiety never goes away, it just moves on to a different issue. It really sucks! But I'm glad you were able to get a little peace of mind.

@phlox728 I'm glad everything is looking good for you! Thoughts and prayers that it continues that way!

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?: 26 weeks, 2/21/17, Pink!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms): Tired, tired tired. And very round. Lots of RLP and low back pain.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise): Not great. I flew across the country for my baby shower and baby was very subdued the entire trip. She's back to moving around a ton now, but I worry that having a shower so early might jinx this. Deep Breaths.

5. When is your next appointment?: 11/23/16 for regular OB check and glucose test.

6. Rants/raves/whatever: I wish I had more motivation to do things.

7. Anything else on your mind?: how is Thanksgiving next week?

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself?: That I'm still trying. I've been through a lot these past few years and here I am, trying to adult and keep everything together.

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 25w 3d/ February 25th/Team Blue!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Hungry, leg cramps. RLP, heartburn. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Good baby is super active and keeps my mind at ease. 

5. When is your next appointment? December 3rd. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever I can't seem to find a prenatal vitamin that I like they all make me have a metallic taste in my mouth.. I did buy some womens one a day gummies to try just hoping they work out. 

7. Anything else on your mind? Holidays are coming up so quickly and so much to do.. 

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself?  I think I am pretty decent mom. My kids make me so proud and when they tell me that I know that its true and it makes me so so happy! I also love to cook and I think I am pretty good at that as well.