January 2017 Moms

PGAL weekly checkin 11.14.16

**I am so sorry for the fail last week ladies! Didn't even realize I never posted a new thread until Thursday - if that happens again please feel free to start a thread for the new week**

**big congratulations to @briala on the arrival of Baby Chloe! You did such an amazing job!**

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? 
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: PGAL weekly checkin 11.14.16

• I feel like I've been so disconnected from TB lately b/c I've been so busy with other things and finally trying to get ready for baby!

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue? 33wks, team blue

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) In the past week or two, it's been getting a lot more uncomfortable with baby moving around. It's funny because I'm trying to compare this to my pregnancy with my daughter and I don't remember, but apparently according to my journal this is the same time when I started feeling uncomfortable too, so I guess it's comforting in a weird way.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) I'm more anxious about when I'll deliver. My EDD is 1/2 but I'm scared if he comes earlier because my sister (who is supposed to watch my daughter in case I go into labor) will be out of town until 12/29. I went 10 days late with my daughter, but who knows how it'll go with this one.

5. When is your next appointment? Next Monday at 34 wks

6. Rants/raves/whatever Some people just suck! I was on the subway with my daughter, my friend and her daughter and we are both pregnant. None of the men offered their seat, only the women. It's only until a woman offers up her seat that the men are like 'oh do you want my seat?' 

7. Anything else on your mind? We just hired a professional organizer to come in this week and declutter our place. We live in NYC so space is extremely tight and we are somehow planning to put a toddler bed into my daughter's room in addition to the crib and all the crazy toys and newborn stuff (jumper, swing, etc.) I'm scared to see how much stuff I'm going to have to chuck.

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? I think I'm pretty unbiased and nonjudgemental. My friends can always feel open to tell me things without feeling like they are being criticized.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?
    32w1d with an EDD of 1/8/17.  I'm still team pink!

I'm feeling extremely pregnant.  Swollen feet and hands-  I'm wearing shoes a 1/2 size bigger than my normal size and had to remove my wedding band this weekend (the engagement ring has been off for about a month).  My back is achy almost all of the time and I'm short of breathe frequently.  All of the digestive issues associated with pregnancy are in full gear too.  Insomnia is starting to feel normal though, and even though taking a daily nap would be heaven I know I can cope without. Very much looking forward to having this little girl in my arms vs in my uterus in 2ish months.  

Over the past week I was either excited about everything or freaking out because her movements are as strong.  My husband and I probably used the fetal monitor 3 times over the past week.  This morning we had our 32 week growth scan at MFM and everything is prefect- so my anxiety has shifted to how big her head is going to be- which I'm perfectly happy to have anxiety over.  

Today was the 32 week growth scan and tomorrow I have a regular OB appointment.  

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    My rave this week is about the hospital we will be delivering at.  We had the hospital tour on Saturday and the building is only 4 years old, so all the rooms are private and self controls for temperature.  The babies stay with mom as much as mom wants- but there is a nursery if you want to be able to truly rest for a little while.  There is a scheduled nap time everyday between 1-3pm, where I can request for no visits or distributions and at 3pm after nap time is over- they come around with ice cream and toppings.  

8. GTKY - let's have some positive thinking this week - what do you like about yourself? 
    Physically my best feature is my eyes.  My mom's side of the family all have incredible eyes ( I have an uncle who's eyes are a shade of light blue that almost makes them look clear).  Mine are green, but change color. I'm really hoping this LO ends up with my eyes.  Personality wise, I was always very independent.  I also hope that she is able to navigate this world without relying too much on other people.    
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Loading the player...
    29+3, blue and we have a date! CSection on Jan 20!!

Tired, VERY emotional (I apologize to the Target checkout girl for my crying), a little heartburn at night.

About the baby? Fine. Everything else is up for grabs. 

Nov. 22, we're in 2-week zone now.

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Hormones. Stress. Family. Holidays. Projects. I just can't even right now. I feel better after a good cry last night and talking to my sister who is going to stay with us while the baby is born (since my mom cancelled to "stay home with her dogs", again, I can't even). But overall, I'm emotionally unstable. whoo hoo!

I am listening to Christmas music to keep my sanity and me happy. If I could, I'd have my tree up today. 

Mmmm...right now? Physically, my eyes. Other than that, I guess my sense of humor. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016

Team Pink - 32 weeks tomorrow 1/10

My back is continuing to be a problem for me, but going to the chiropractor helps a ton. Bigger problem for me right now is not fully pregnancy related but I got asthmatic bronchitis and have been coughing for more than 2 weeks already.  Already took a round of antibiotics and am taking asthma inhalers.  My primary doctor wanted me to take oral prednisone but I've refused so far.

Nervous about all the meds I've been on the past 2 weeks but otherwise feeling okay.  Baby is moving a lot which helps me stay reassured.

Friday

29 weeks 5 days, due Jan 25, team blue

Overly Emotional/hormonal and finding myself getting fatigued a lot more easily. 

Not very well. I feel like these next 10 weeks are just going to creep by. It's almost my stillborn baby's birthday, so I know that's causing a lot of anxiety too. 

Thursday. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I don't want to be like "me me me" but I am feeling really unsupported by my family. My parents just opened a bar, so the only time I see my mom is if I go there to eat lunch and she's is always doing something. My grandma took an out of state work assignment, and I just found out she took another one and won't be back until the end of February so she'll miss this baby being born. My husband is amazing but it's hard for two scared nervous people to really make each other feel better.  I just want to be asked "how are you doing?" and to not feel like I have to say "fine." 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    33w1d, Jan 4, Team Pink

Pregnancy symptoms are okay. Baby gets the hiccups every night around 11 pm, which drive me crazy, but I can deal. Otherwise, mild insomnia, general aches and pains, etc. 

Pretty good. Baby kicks are almost constant these days. 

Nov 29th - my last two week appt! From there on out I'll be seen once a week! 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    This. damn. cold. Or whatever the hell it is. I'm so sick and barely functioning. I hate it so much and nothing is comforting at all. My dr. told me to take some Dayquil, which does a crap-ton of nothing. And as of this morning, I have started coughing so much, and it hurts so badly. I haven't been this sick in a long time. 

I'm so ready for thanksgiving dinner! (And to see my family, haha)

I like my balance of science-side and creative-side. They go hand in hand, but are also beneficial separately. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

33 weeks today. EDD is Jan 4 but being induced Dec 28. Team Blue
    Exhausted. BH contractions are starting to get way intense!
    Pretty good. We are in the stage of he should be ok.
    Next Tuesday
    6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Had to rearrange my work schedule. Have to be on the phones due to my contractions. It was either that or stop working until baby comes.

I love my eyes and hair and my singing voice.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 2. 29+2, Feb 1st, team Pink!

3. Symptoms? I'm actually feeling pretty good. Heartburn/reflux has happened just a little at night. I'm not waking up in the middle of the night to go pee. Constipation has let up. Leg cramps have died down. I did get a random rash on my legs the other day, but even that went away. I feel pretty normal - just I've just gained weight as opposed to having a mostly cooked bun in the oven. The worst that I can complain about it being hungry, and a little more tired than normal.

4. Anxiety? There's been a lot of anxiety because I feel so "normal" - I've listened to her more these past few days than I think I have in the last month. I don't often feel TONS of kicks and movement, which tends to make me worry - like why aren't her movements driving me crazy by now?? 

5. When is your next appointment? We are having a 3D ultrasound done next Tuesday (!) and then my next OB appointment will be on 11/30 (every 2 weeks now)

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Raves: Hawaii was amazing, even if we were only there for a couple of days. Baby and I handled the flight well and I had such a nice time getting to actually spend time with DH. 

Rants: Finding a substitute teacher to teach middle school math is proving to be... a hassle. Leaving my "lovelies" in the hands of a sub for 8ish weeks is one of my biggest worries. 

7. Anything else on your mind? So many things to do/get! Also, I hate to be jouvenile, but I'm a little upset that I don't really know enough people to get to have a baby shower. I have my "work friends" but don't see anything happening there, and DH has some friends/family in Vegas but no on is planning anything there either. Not that I NEED a baby shower, but the celebration time (and baby supplies) would be nice...

I've always been told that I have a nice smile, so I take pride in that. My patience is a virtue - and even when no one else does, I appreciate my own sense of humor. Lol 
  • Well today was an interesting day. I earned myself a "threatened preterm labor" label. Woke up and had lost some of my mucus plug and had some mild period type cramps. With my history of contracting my OB told me to come in and she would check my cervix. We were still out of town so we couldn't come in until this afternoon and as the day progressed I had pain in my lower back that came and went every 5-10 minutes and other times when my belly would get hard I felt like my internal organs were in a vice. When we got back in town my OB hooked me up to a monitor and baby did great moving all over and heart rate between 130-160. I only had a few non-worrisome contractions while I was laying down and my cervix had shortened from my last check three weeks ago from 4cm to 2.8 but she said that wasn't dangerously short and I was only 10% effaced and she could barely get a finger tip in. She did a fetal fibronectin test and if that comes back positive she said we would do steroid shots as a precaution but that we shouldn't really worry - she said sometimes ladies just have painful contractions that don't really do anything to their cervix and given the evidence she thinks that's my case so she gave me procardia to hopefully keep me from contracting as much. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case my belly is huge - today my fundal height was 35 and I'm only 33 weeks. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏