May 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise and fitness!

I saw today was suppose to be exercise/fitness check in, but I'm not really sure what to do with that. I'm mostly curious as to what you guys are doing for exercise and fitness.

I've been trying to go for walks and I started the Beachbody Pregnancy Fit program (which I average about 2 times a week). I feel slightly lame though, because it's seriously low impact and by the end of the 30 minutes, I'm just dying! I'm trying to push myself to work out more, but you know, lack of energy. I know it sounds bad, but I would really like to stay on the low end of the weight the doctor wants me to gain...DH's family has a history of large babies! I have been interested in some prenatal yoga. Has anyone tried that?? Thoughts? Any DVD recommendations (classes cost a stupid amount here).

Re: Exercise and fitness!

• Options
    I am finally feeling good and ready to exercise again! 1st tri was full of being dizzy and lightheaded. 2nd tri is now full of exercise! I've worked out 3x this week so far and I'm feeling great. I did yoga on Monday, weights on Tuesday, and zumba on Wednesday.

@absbubbs The yoga I found was on youtube and I just looked up prenatal yoga. It felt really good afterwards and low impact, but it's not my preferred workout. I would MUCH rather zumba! :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lildropofheavn23 I always forget about YouTube! I'll definitely have to check that out. I can't believe you have the energy to work out everyday! I try every other and fail with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited November 2016
    @absbubbs
    I try to work out in the mornings Monday-Thursday.  
    I have some Jillian Michaels DVD's as well as Insanity.  I would consider myself pretty active so I'm going to continue doing that until I cannot anymore.  I also have a treadmill that I walk on some mornings.

I do love PopSugar Fitness on Youtube.  She has varying lengths of workouts, varying intensity, and there is so much it is hard to get sick of it.  My DH hates her voice, so whenever I do her videos he usually runs far away, but I'm usually sore the next day!

ETA: tagging
  • Options
    @absbubbs  - my last pregnancy I did Hilaria Baldwin's prenatal yoga dvd. I really enjoyed it. I also did Tracy Anderson's month by month DVD's and I really think they helped. I need to pull those out of storage!

I have been terrible about working out just because I've had no energy. That being said, maybe if I go dig those DVD's out, I can get back on track starting tomorrow!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @jenshoes I love POP SUGAR! I will definitely have to look her up again!!! Tomorrow's workout! :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Now that second trimester has come, I have been feeling a little more energetic. However, I am having more sciatic pain with this pregnancy than I did with my first. I started swimming at my gym and it has done wonders. I used to be a swimmer in high school, and really enjoy it now!
  • Options
    I started Barre class again after a 2 month hiatus! The first class was rough as I'm a little out of practice and obviously my body is just a little different, but I'm excited. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe is a barre class something I could do first time while pregnant? I've always wanted to try one
  • Options
    @jenshoes I would say yes! I did it last time and they always make modifications if you are pregnant or have an injury. There are specific prenatal classes online too that are lower impact. :)
  • Options
    @Jenshoes For sure! It does a lot of focus on building core and leg/ butt strength. Great things to assist with labor ;) 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited November 2016
    I'm 15 weeks and just got my energy back this week. I had been working out 1-2x per week. This week I've ran twice and walked once and I will probably run again tomorrow. I was planning on working out 6 days this week but reading a book two of those mornings won out. Maybe I'll workout 5-6x next week. I like running mostly because I get bad constipation during pregnancy and running really gets my bowels moving. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Jenshoes said:
    @nda_roxybabe is a barre class something I could do first time while pregnant? I've always wanted to try one
    @Jenshoes I asked for the pregnancy modifications at my pure barre class this weekend and at the top of the sheet from corporate it says that once you're pregnant it's not a good idea to start barre classes. They recommended you start post natal. If I were you I would call and ask before going to take a class. With that said,  I love pure barre and highly recommend it! 

I've been trying to go to class at least 3 times a week, I went five times a week prior to getting pregnant. 
  • Options
    @Jenshoes I would ask your particular barre studio. Some do a lot more extra ab work than others which is where you would need modifications. My old studio had women all the way up through 9 months though, it's a pretty pregnancy friendly workout. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @champhe @WombThereItIs
    Makes sense! I'll check before I go, thanks!!
  • Options
    champhe said:
    Jenshoes said:
    @Jenshoes I asked for the pregnancy modifications at my pure barre class this weekend and at the top of the sheet from corporate it says that once you're pregnant it's not a good idea to start barre classes. They recommended you start post natal. If I were you I would call and ask before going to take a class. With that said,  I love pure barre and highly recommend it! 

I've been trying to go to class at least 3 times a week, I went five times a week prior to getting pregnant. 
    I was going before pregnancy, so I didn't even think about that. Good point!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I just do some simple weight lifting (squats, overhead press, bench press, and deadlifts mostly). Sometimes I add some slam balls and other things into the mix like arm dips but usually not. Only when I start to look closely at my batwing arms and freak out!