Pregnant after a Loss

5 weeks pregnant after d&c in September

When should I be seen for my first appointment? am I now considered a high risk pregnancy? Had d&c September 1 due to a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks.... so nervous this time around!

Re: 5 weeks pregnant after d&c in September

• Hey! Welcome! You're not alone in that nervousness. My doc told me to come in the day I got my bfp for blood work. Then they tracked my hcg and progesterone for the first week and got me an ultrasound at what I thought was six weeks but was actually 6.5 based on baby's size. Then they gave me another at the time of my mmc. Not the time of my d&c two weeks later but when they estimated I lost at nine weeks. They considered me high risk until that second ultrasound and then I wasn't high risk anymore. Have you told your doc you're pregnant again and gone in for blood work? That's where I'd start. Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted. 
  • Hello! If your under 35 and have no other known medical conditions I don't think your considered high risk unless you've had two or more MCs. Each doctor handles this stuff differently. If I were you I'd call your OBGYN and ask them what their plan is on handling this pregnancy. I'd ask blood tests like HGRich had.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome, congrats! Sorry for your previous loss. Every OB office is so different- my guess is they will see you between 8-10 weeks but may run early bloodwork if you request it. 
  • Usually 8-10 wks for first appt, but I have found after my first loss the dr would totally do early scans for me if I asked. And betas and progesterone testing if I wanted.

unless there is another issue I don't see why you would be high risk. I've had two losses and am now AMA but im
    still not considered high risk. 

Congrats on your BFP!

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.