April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 11/12

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 11/12

• How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avocado, can of soda, can of spam, cardboard duct tape roll

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue

Appointments this week? Next appt isn't until 12/13...so far away.

Symptoms? Not much. I've been sick this week with a cold. So that has pretty much kicked my ass! Nothing significant baby related though. Some RLP.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Today is a bit of a rough day for me. Today would have been my due date for my precious angel baby that I lost in March. I'm trying to stay positive and keep my mind distracted. We are going to my SILs today for an early Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping that will help. I'm also trying to focus on the new little peanut in my stomach, especially since this is ticker change day.

This is not such a clear cut answer for me. I see my dad more. We typically will go out for lunch about once a week. But I am very much my mother's child. My parents divorced when I was young (about 2 years old) and I lived with my mom my whole life (other than weekend visitation with my dad). Everything about who I am is because of my mom. My drive, work ethic, persistence, view on life. I love both of my parents dearly, but also see the faults that they have as well. 
  • How far along are you? 18w

How big is baby? Slingshot or sweet potato

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green!

Appointments this week? Yes, anatomy scan!! I am so excited (and nervous!)

Symptoms? Achy lower back and hips. Still pretty tired all of the time. Tight muscles on belly.

Rant/Rave/Questions? In the market for a stroller and I am so indecisive! Hoping black Friday will help!

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? Both parents. I rely on them for different things. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby? 
     Pomegranate 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?
    We will find out Dec 2

Appointments this week? 
    Nope

Symptoms?
    Not many.  Waking up throughout the night is aggravating. Occasional heartburn.  The exhaustion has not gone away this time, but I think it's more having a toddler than being pregnant. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    We live three hours away from our family.  Both of our families live in the same town which makes holidays busy, but easy.  We have always gone home for Christmas and Thanksgiving.  We always agreed that when the kids were old enough  to understand, We would stay home on Christmas so Santa could come to our house.  My husband is very excited about staying here for Christmas this year and I am devastated.  I'm very close with my family and I'm not ready to do Christmas with just us.  I'm from a big loud Italian family and staying here sounds boring and awful.  My son is only two, he isn't going to care.  My husband is very adamant on making "our own memories."   

my dad and I are more alike and very close, but I talk to my mom everyday sometimes twice on the phone.  
  • @mallyandryan would it be a possibility to do Christmas morning at your house with the kids and then head off for your families house? Or have a second celebration (either with family or just you guys) on a different day.
  • @KirstinH88 I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet Angel Baby. I hope you are being gentle with yourself today and allowing yourself to feel however you need to. 

How far along are you?  17 weeks! We're almost halfway there!

How big is baby? I never know - where do you guys get the cute ones?

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green

Appointments this week? 
    Not til next week

Symptoms? Nausea is pretty much gone!!! I keep getting tricked into thinking I have all my energy back, but then I wear myself out. I am feeling much, much better than a week ago though. Nightly headaches have started. Sore gums. A few random movements here and there. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I finally felt better enough to go fiddle around in my "woman-cave" aka the garage.  I'm building a new kitchen table. Super excited to get it started - got the sanding of the tabletop done today and hope to stain the pieces this week. 

My mom knows me better, but our relationship is pretty hit or miss. She and I had a huge falling out right after DD was born (they wouldn't respect our wishes with baby, overstayed their visits - like 10 hours a day, ignored me every time I asked for space/for them to give the baby to me). But that was 3 years ago and we've been pretty good since.  The good thing about her is she will realize mistakes and, while she won't apologize, she will make changes. I am not one who would call my mom a friend but I am glad she's in my life and that we're close. I was a daddy's girl growing up but he's just not an emotional guy. We don't connect a lot. Sometimes I get my feelings hurt with how affectionate he is with DD - he's never been like that with me. 

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • papps101papps101 member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Zucchini

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team blue!

Appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Some cramping, definitely feeling baby more! And the constant need to pee has begun... :/

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm on the brink of buying my first pair of lularoe leggings. I hear they are amazing!

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? My dad passed away 11 years ago, but growing up I was close to both. My parents split up when I was in high school and I kind of became estranged from my dad after that, but we reconciled before he passed away. :)

@KirstinH88 so sorry for your loss and sending warm thoughts to you today.

@cafedisco The Ovia app has cute "how big is baby" themes.

ETA: it signed me in under my old user name for some reason! I changed it this time around for more anonymity... guess that's over. Sheesh. Aka hollyh98
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cafedisco @hollyh98 @papps101 Thank you both for your kind words. Today has been tough, but this little guy is making my pregnancy all too real today. I am having killer RLP today. Like my stomach feels like it's ripping open.  :#

@cafedisco I look at The Bump, What to Expect, and BabyBump apps. They mostly agree and say the same thing. But then you can go on babysizer.com and it has different categories such as geeky, manly, and craving. I always tell my boys what the size is based on the object that they can relate to the most. So this week, baby is a size of a soda can to them. Sometimes it's cool to tell DH what the baby is in the manly categorie cuz he can relate to that as well.
  • How far along are you?   20 weeks. Halfway!

How big is baby? Size of a banana or pint of root beer

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?  Found out Tuesday that we are Team Blue

Appointments this week? 
    Regular appointment on Friday

Symptoms?  It has been hard to find a comfortable sleeping position.  I was always a stomach sleeper and the last week has been hard adjusting.  It is now uncomfortable to really sleep on my stomach but I wake up on my back uncomfortable as well.  Trying to adjust to sleeping on my side has been hard.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant: I wore a tighter fitting shirt to work on Friday.  I had been wearing dresses and looser clothing just because I felt self-conscious and I was more comfortable in dresses/leggings that in my pants.  Well, all day long any time I had a conversation with someone who knew I was pregnant they were sneaking peaks and constantly just looking at my stomach.  For those that know I'm pregnant, they can tell a little, but even they have a hard time really noticing.  I just told a fellow teacher on Monday that I was pregnant and she had no idea and could not believe I was already almost 20 weeks.  It was so frustrating for people to just keep darting their eyes to my stomach to "check to see if I had a bump yet".  And all I can think of was "Hello! My eyes are up here! Please look at me!".  It was frustrating and it really bothers me that it is probably something I will just have to get used to.

Well, I talk to my mom more but I would say I'm more of a "daddy's girl".  My mom can be very hard to get along with.  She can be quite judgmental, pushy, and stubborn.  It makes it hard to share any information with her.  She doesn't deal well with hearing that you don't agree with one of her ideas.  For as long as I can remember she has been this way and she also struggles with depression. It makes it hard to interact with her because I want to be able to say that I don't agree with her/am not a fan of that idea/can do things on my own but then she always resorts to "Fine, I'm just stupid anyway" or something similar.  It's like constantly walking on a tight rope :/ My parents are still together but fight constantly and most of the time it is very tense when we are at home visiting because they argue in front of us and are always talking about each other to us.  I have always loved hanging out with my dad and helping him with all of his projects.  He is definitely the glue that holds our family together.

@hollyh98  I recently got into LulaRoe.  I LOVE it, and even more now that I can tell my stomach is getting bigger.  It's starts with a pair of leggings.....now I have greatly expanded my collection.  I plan to live in dresses/leggings as much as possible.  I haven't had much luck with their dresses, but I do LOVE their leggings and Irma tops :)

@KirstinH88  so sorry that today is such a hard day for you.  I hope that you were able to take time for yourself today! Thinking of you on such an emotional time :(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks 

How big is baby? Avocado 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? TEAM BLUE (had our reveal this evening!)

Appointments this week? We had our elective US Thursday and normal OB appt Friday, all is wel. 

Symptoms? Horrible pelvic pain 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I just wish I could stand or walk without pain :(

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? My mom, my biological father wasn't around much. I don't even speak to him at all any longer. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @wagnerw are LLR leggings comfortable with a bump?  My regular leggings now cut into the bottom of my bump and it's awful.  I need new ones!
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco I have started buying their tall and curvy leggings and it is amazing! Their one size used to fit great but I found it was getting uncomfortable to have the band under the bump as well. Tall and curvy has a few extra inches and now I have plenty of room (no pressure/tightness from the band) AND the band goes up to my belly button so I think I should be able to wear them basically all pregnancy. I change into a pair everyday immediately after school...assuming I didn't already wear a pair to school. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cafedisco I second the lularoe leggings! Got my first pair (opted for tall and curvy) and they are amazing! They are comfortable on my bump and don't cut weird at all! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Cool, I may have to get some!  I've become more and more of a leggings lady in the past few years (because I have shaving but love dresses) and not having any to wear and cramping my style, big time.

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17