Maryland Babies

Anyone deliver at AAMC?

please tell me good/bad inexperiences or staff...

Re: Anyone deliver at AAMC?

• I did - had an excellent experience.  I would move in there if I could. 

I went in for an induction, wound up with emergency c-section.  All nurses during my time there were terrific.  Food isn't the best, but what can you expect - it's a hospital!

• Great to hear. thx for the response!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was at AAMC for over 2 months on bedrest. I was in the antepartum unit and L&D and I can not say enough good things about them. I really liked that the babies room in with you,there is no nursery. Some people don't like that but it made us feel a lot safer to have the babies with us. My son was in the NICU which was also absolutely wonderful.  I know a lot of woman who have delivered there and have never heard anything negative.
  • We are just a few days apart. Im delivering there too!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejerzeygirl4ever:
    We are just a few days apart. Im delivering there too!

Maybe we'll see eachother..

who's your O/B ?

• I did and had a wonderful experience. ?The labor nurses are awesome and mine was with me the whole time (due to some complications). ?The postpartum nurses are great too although I did have one that wasn't as helpful with breastfeeding. ?Our one nurse was so great that we wanted to take her home! ?I did see a LC when I was there also but you have to ask for that. ?I only stayed one night - my only complaint was I couldn't sleep there b/c someone was coming in the room every 2 hours for some reason - to check me, the baby, or to bring in food. ?

?Have you done the tour? ?I felt a lot better after seeing the rooms even though I had visited friends there. ??

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • imageAlirebco:

I did see a LC when I was there also but you have to ask for that. I only stayed one night - my only complaint was I couldn't sleep there b/c someone was coming in the room every 2 hours for some reason - to check me, the baby, or to bring in food.

Have you done the tour? I felt a lot better after seeing the rooms even though I had visited friends there.

what is a LC? I did the tour and was pretty happy with it.

• imagestressdbride2b:

imagejerzeygirl4ever:
    We are just a few days apart. Im delivering there too!

Maybe we'll see eachother..

who's your O/B ?

Annapolis OBGYN

• imagestressdbride2b:
    imageAlirebco:

I did see a LC when I was there also but you have to ask for that. I only stayed one night - my only complaint was I couldn't sleep there b/c someone was coming in the room every 2 hours for some reason - to check me, the baby, or to bring in food.

Have you done the tour? I felt a lot better after seeing the rooms even though I had visited friends there.

what is a LC? I did the tour and was pretty happy with it.

Lactation consultant

• Jerzey,

BTW i saw on your countdown it says PMC is that the initials... Don't tell me the name if so...

because they are the intials of the name i picked out Wink i left you a message, check it out

• I delivered my preemie there almost two weeks ago.

My water broke early, but I did not go into labor.  I was on bedrest for a week in the antepartum unit, and I can't say enough about how wonderful the nurses are.

I wound up having a C-section at 32 weeks 2 days b/c I started having random contractions, but they were close enough and the baby's heart rate was dropping w/each contraction, so my doc decided to go ahead w/the C-section.

Everyone was awesome.  I'm so glad that I was there for the whole experience - someone was always there to help, to encourage me, and to listen to me if I got a little bit worried or frustrated.

• I delivered there and loved it. I had a preemie at 29 weeks. I also did a 24 observation there a couple weeks before I had Brendan for a blood pressure and pre-eclampsia check. The nurses and staff were awesome. And when I had the baby everyone on that whole floor was amazing!
  • I delivered there at the end of March at 28wks 6days.  I was there for 9 days in L&D and Antipartum and then the boys were in the NICU for 68 days. That is one damn fine hospital and their NICU is amazing.  You will be in excellent hands.
  • I loved the hospital.  My LD nurses were great.  Can not say enough good things about them.  But the nurses on the 3rd floor were not as good.  I had two that just were not very helpful.  On my last day there I had to demand that my nurse let me go home.  She didn't want me to go and my dr. and the ped. released us already.  Needless to say that same nurse didn't see me but twice that day.  Once in the morning and once when her shift was done.  And I think the only reason why she came in was to get the baby info. update.  I would del. there in a heartbeat again though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"