TTC After a Loss

Thankful Thursday

2»

Re: Thankful Thursday

• I'm thankful for the warm weather that are are having in CT and the afternoons we have gotten to spend at the dog park.

• NewMommyCoopNewMommyCoop member
    edited November 2016
    @justsuzie I spent four consecutive weeks in the spring and five consecutive weeks in the summer in Northern MD in 2014. I took a couple trips to CT and went to several wineries. I really enjoyed some of the wines and the some of the people I met were so friendly. Do you like CT?

Edited to fix wrong word
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Loading the player...
  • @NewMommyCoop  I love CT in every season except winter.  I am not a fan of the cold.  I turn into a hermit to avoid the snow.  Snowdays off from teaching are nice though.   I have discovered a few breweries that have cider which I have yet to visit but are on my to do list.  THe wineries are amazing here.  Where do you live?
  • @justsuzie I did go to one winery that had cider. I bought a pear; the place started with a H, but I'd have to look in my wine rack for the name.
    I currently live in Central Texas. I too, hate the cold, so while it is not very pretty here, it is warm. 90 degrees on Halloween. I was raised in the valley in Oregon and born in Northern Maine.

• *****lurking*****

I really like Jones Winery in CT, it doesn't hurt that it is 2 miles from my house.
    **TW** Loss mentioned
    Me:35 DH:35
    Married 9/2013
    BFP#1 1/28/2014 DS born 10/21/2014
    BFP#2 7/4/2016 , MC at 7w5d on 7/27
    BFP#3 1/5/2017
  • @SierraFoxtrot I didn't know there was one there! I'll have to check it out at some point. My sister lives in Madison so we go to the Bishop's Orchards one in Guilford when we get a chance. 
  • Today I am thankful that this is my Friday and I get to enjoy a three day weekend. I am thankful for our veteran's who risked their lives, many who gave their lives, so we can have freedom. I am thankful for my mom who is coming over tomorrow to help me unpack and organize my craft room. I am thankful for my DH. I am thankful for all of you wonderful ladies who sympathize and empathize with each other through such a difficult time in our lives.

• I am thankful for this group. The support I've receive does here has been amazing!!!  I feel like everyone is pregnant but me. I hear about announcements unexpectedly.  This place makes me feel like I'm not alone. 

I am am thankful for my dh because he is just overall awesome. 

Thankful for all the veterans out there who fought for our freedom. 

***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• So much to be thankful for this week!!

My first RE appt that helped us get a plan in place and feel a little less stressed.

I am thankful that I get to spend a long weekend with my mom while we make Christmas wreaths and watch holiday movies, just like when I was young. 

Also so thankful the election is over.

I'm thankful for a new head coaching job. It's just high school basketball not college but it will be fun and hopefully less stressful!

Craft fairs with my sister! Our table made $300 last weekend! 

Graham am cracker ice cream mixed with chocolate brownie ice cream...O.M.G.

And for my DH who bought me Patriots tickets when I was having a really bad TTC day, so that's where will be on Sunday! 

<3<3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• I am thankful that I O'd on my own for the first time in 4 years.  I'm thankful that my amazing husband has been supportive and understanding as we begin this process.  I'm thankful that my family is healthy and happy and gets to be together over the holidays.  

Also, I'm thankful that my hubby doesn't have an issue with my obsessive yarn addiction!  I swear that and happy baby thoughts are the only thing that got me through this election.  I'm an avid crocheter and I have a yarn stash that is... well, overflowing. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe  Craft fairs are so much fun! I've wanted to find someone to do a fair with but I've not found anyone.  Have fun making wreaths! I tried once.... once.... never again. It was a disaster.  I will stick to crochet.

@NewMommyCoop  I'm so jealous! I work in a law office and we don't get these holidays off.  We get the major ones but not veterans day or memorial, etc.

@TScalei  Can I ask what you were diagnosed with?  If not, tell me to shove off lol!  I recently underwent genetic testing and found out I have APLS.  It was a huge relief to have answers and a plan. 
    **TW loss mentioned **

12 miscarriages in first marriage (2007-2011)
    Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    Daughter stillborn at 22 weeks - 09/09/2013
    Married my best friend - 09/03/2016
    Genetic testing came back with APS - 10/03/2016
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
    EDD of Rainbow baby - 07/30/2017
  • @sparrowmomma24- I don't mind at all - I have a blood clotting disorder called plasminogen activation inhibitor.  It will just involve heparin shots after I do get pg - which is nothing after all of this. I agree it is a huge relief to know what is going on and to have a plan. It makes me hopeful that I will have a healthy pregnancy next time!
  • I have to say Im thankful for the long weekend too - its been a long week with the election. DH and I are going to Ohio for the weekend so it will be nice to get away for the weekend.

Also thankful for lularoe leggings - just jumped on the bandwagon with them and they are so cute and comfy!
  • **TW***

@TScalei That sounds a lot like what I have. I have anti phospholipid antibody syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder too.  I'm on an aspirin regiment now and will switch to heparin shots when I'm pregnant.  It is a scary disorder (it causes seizures, heart attacks, strokes, oh my!) as I'm sure yours does too.  But we are just so happy to finally have answers and a plan.  

I didn't get tested (or even pushed to consider testing) until this fall.  I've had 12 mc (first trimester) and 1 stillbirth at 22 weeks.  Then they finally said hmm, maybe we should get you tested.  13 losses before age 30 is a lot.  

But at least we have answers.
    **TW loss mentioned **

12 miscarriages in first marriage (2007-2011)
    Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    Daughter stillborn at 22 weeks - 09/09/2013
    Married my best friend - 09/03/2016
    Genetic testing came back with APS - 10/03/2016
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
    EDD of Rainbow baby - 07/30/2017
  • @sparrowmomma24- Im so sorry you had to go through this 13 times - that is just awful! Im very thankful that I got testing done too. I just never thought ttc -would be such a long, complicated process!
  • @TScalei and @sparrowmomma24  It's crazy to even think about life before a loss.  It seems like this is all I know and will ever know.  So hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It will all be worth it once we get to hold our future babies. 
  • Not trying to start anything, but this is true: My due date should have been on inauguration day. I wish I was still pregnant, more than anything, but I'm thankful my kid won't share a birthday with the day Trump becomes president.
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---