Baby Names

SUPER Picky Hubby

Help! My hubby is apparently really picky about names. I had no idea he'd be like this! The worst part is, he doesn't seem to want to come up with any names...he just likes to poo-poo my ideas! Haha. We're having a boy. I've gathered so far that he likes names that are mostly off the beaten path/unique. The only ones he hasn't said "meh" or "ugh" to are:

Asher
Ashton
Carter
Elliot

It's starting to drive me totally nuts. Any suggestions along those lines?

Re: SUPER Picky Hubby

• My suggestion is to have him create a list on his own and then when he's done, you both sit down together and go over them.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Loading the player...
  • What are some of the names that you like that he has not liked. That may help us with a list that blends both styles.
  • Love Elliott

I agree give him the top 1000 list and have him highlight names then you go over his list with a different color and discuss matches

other options 

Since you like Asher and Ashton how about 
    Archer
    Arlo
    Alaric
    Alec

With Carter
    Cameron
    Cedric
    Silas
    Cyrus

With Elliott 
    Elijah
    Micah
    Evan
    Ian

• Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
    edited November 2016
    I do agree that DH needs to be helpful in suggesting names.. sometimes guys take longer though. Suggesting:

Blake
    Malachi
    Alistair
    Carson
    Callum
    Rhett
    Caleb
    Garrett
    Tristan
    Gavin
    Wyatt
    Henrick
    Miles
    Lane
    Caden
    Owen
    August

• I had some of the same names on our list and our son's name is Parker. 
    Married 10/10/2009
    MC 4/23/2014
    BFP 8/1/2014, expecting our rainbow on 4/12/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lucky1187lucky1187 member
    edited November 2016
    Asher, Carter are my fave from your list! Cooper, Caleb, Sawyer, Or Connor came to mind too.
  • Shooting down ideas with no meaningful input tends to get you kicked off the committee.

I agree with PP about giving him a task like come up with 15 he DOES like and working on it from there. Right now you're just throwing darts at a steel wall.