Infertility

IVF Doctor Recommenations-NYC

Hey ladies. I am currently a patient with dr Chung at Cornell and have just had my second failed round of IVF. this has included 2 fresh transfers and 2 frozen transfers for a total of 7 great embryos. While I have been happy with dr Chung and WC, I feel like the only reason I have heard for the failed cycles has been "bad luck". They have done very few tests on me and nothing more than a semen analysis on my husband. I think it is time for a change or at least a second opinion.

I have an appointment at Sher institute in NYC next week and was hoping for some feedback or insight. Have any of you had experience with them or have you heard anything? Is there a place or doctor you would recommend?

thanks for any help or insight!

Re: IVF Doctor Recommenations-NYC

• I go to dr. Kang within that group and I LOVE her. I was originally with a different practice and hated them. After switching to dr. Kang, she got me pregnant 3 times. Unfortunately, I miscarried the first time, it was ectopic the second (1% chance of happening) but I'm currently pregnant now! 
    She analyzed each round and made the necessary changes. I feel like she invests all her energy into all her patients! Maybe switch doctors! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Dr. Grifo at NYU is amazing! Cannot say enough good things about him and his practice 
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw Dr. Sandler at RMA of NY in Midtown. I loved him and the whole practice. I went to him as a third opinion after the first clinic I was with didn't work out for me and the other doctor I went to for a second opinion I just didn't feel comfortable with. Dr. Sandler explained everything to me in such great detail, telling me what my options were, etc. The practice itself is so well organized as well, I highly recommend them. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Thanks for your advice ladies!
  • I've been interviewing clinics after a few failed IVFs and transfers at Neway and decided to stay there but under Dr Luk. I suggest you talk to as many REs as possible and see who you like. I went to SIRM (Dr O'Shaugnessy) who do a ton of testing, RMA but I didn't like the dr (Copperman) and made appointments with NYCIVF (Dr Azim) and NYU (Dr Liccardi)on the recommendation of my surgeon. I'd be curious to hear your experiences with the various centers as I am going through the same thing. But I am biased towards Neway because the care you get there is excellent and if you are self paying it is much cheaper than other centers.
  • By the way Sher was fine but we felt as though they were selling us something the entire time, of course I tested postive for NK cells, then they add PiCSI, then HGH for my eggs. But if you want tests, they will do them all.