April 2017 Moms

Swelling

Anyone having swelling in their hands, feet or legs yet? I feel like I'm swelling early. Just my hands and my feet a little. I had to take my ring off Sunday and haven't been able to put it back on.

If you are swelling, what are you doing about it? Lowering salt intake, elevating legs at the end of the day, etc? 
April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swelling

• My rings have gotten tight a few times, but it's usually after I eat something high in fat and sodium (like fast food or take out).  I'm just trying to watch what I eat and drinking lots of water.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Not really but my rings are uncomfortable.  I don't know if that's swelling or I'm just generally bothered by everything in the universe. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually have swelling in my legs by now (though miraculously not this time around). Elevating my legs and compression stockings are typically my go to. 
  • I am a teacher and on my feet all day, by the time I get home I have elephant feet.  No really, I do lol...I literally can't fit my fat feet into my sandals by the end of the day and have my heels hanging off the shoe!  As for my hands - I've noticed it a couple times when I have eaten something high in sodium or I'm outside for a long time.  Heat makes you swell.  I had to take my rings off this past weekend due to that.
  • My little Snausages and legs get chubby when I walk a lot or don't get enough water. It only gets worse
  • Well I live in Florida so it's still hot most days, and Sunday we were at Disney all day. I wasn't surprised I needed to take my ring off and I swelled that day, but I'm surprised I haven't been able to fit them back on since.

i guess I'll be trying everything... lower sodium, extra water, and elevating at night till I talk to OB 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Make sure you're staying hydrated, too. Whenever I don't drink enough my body freaks out and holds onto all of my water weight and I swell up like a balloon. Weird as this is to hear from a total stranger, but check your pee! If it's dark yellow/apple juice-y, you need to drink more water. If it's clear, you need more electrolytes (Gatorade, coconut water, etc.). If it's light yellow, you're good to go.

I'm a teacher and on my feet all day, so they're usually a little puffy at the end of the day, but for the most part my swelling has stayed under control so far.
  • No swelling yet but I got pretty puffy at 30+ weeks with DS. I'm not looking forward to it.
  • Beckyf321 said:
    My rings have gotten tight a few times, but it's usually after I eat something high in fat and sodium (like fast food or take out).  I'm just trying to watch what I eat and drinking lots of water.
    same.  Especially after I eat Chinese food.
  • I don't feel like I'm having lots of swelling yet but I have already had to take off my wedding rings. I had to take them off during my first pregnancy too but not until the end. This time around, I weigh about 15 to 20 pounds heavier to start so that is my guess why I've had to take them off sooner.