March 2017 Moms

Randoms! Week of 11/7

Didn't see a random thread for this week, @AverageAsh I know you normally do this one - hope everything is ok & hope you're getting settled into your new home! <3

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms! Week of 11/7

• Loading the player...
  • Regardless of the outcome tonight I wish popular vote decided the winner. It make sense to me that each individual's vote should be equally weighted. That's all I have to say on politics lol.
    It would certainly encourage people to actually get out and vote, and feel like their opinion mattered.  I want to stay up and watch the results come in, but it's past my exhausted preggo lady bedtime. Not going to last much longer. 
  • @kjd291 YAY! DS has been so whiney and wanting a nap at 9:30 lately. IDK what's going on with him I'm hoping its just a growth spurt or something..
  • @MrsFlemingo I'm sorry for the added anxiety! Gahh.  Ultrasounds and I have a love hate relationship.  amazing medical technology--but they can an add so much unnecessary worry!! Hope you can just enjoy another peek at your baby and trust it's merely precaution and no real reason to worry about your precious miracle!
  • @MrsFlemingo I hope you're able to get another US soon & that all is well!! I feel like the hardest part is the not knowing, but hope you and your husband can breathe a little easier knowing it's so common... <3

So I just did a phone interview with a really great company in our area and they want me to come in for an in-person final interview. I'm so torn. My work now will let me work every weekend so we'd only need to do daycare for 2-3 days since I'd be off the other 2 days after baby comes & DH could work from home potentially a couple days a week. This new position I'm interviewing for would be M-F 8-6, so we'd HAVE to do full day, full week daycare. I'm definitely interested in the company and will still go forward with the interview (and wear a VERY flowy top lol) to at least get the interview practice & see if they'll give me an offer that I possibly could use as leverage with my current job to see if they can raise my pay, but a big part of me really does want the job for the new opportunity and growth potential. I wish the timing was different & I could've gone through this interview process a year ago haha... oh well. This new company gives 16 weeks PAID maternity leave btw so I'm curious how that would work for a new employee, assuming I wouldn't be eligible anyway with this one but it'd definitely be a perk for our next (hopefully) LO!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like @serenity13, I, too, am in the process of a job hunt. I had a second interview yesterday where she pretty much told me I had the job and she just had to notify HR and go through proper channels. I have not told them I am pregnant yet. I'm showing, but due to the fact I still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, I was able to conceal it as much as possible.

Basically, I am not looking forward to dropping that on them when they offer me the job. Everything I have researched says they can't rescind the offer after it is extended and I don't want to prolong telling them because, hello, I'm 20 weeks now and will probably be 22 weeks when I start. Kind of hard to delay letting them know without it being suuuuuper obvious. 

But I so want this job. It is perfect for me and my family. Part-time, flexible hours (meaning I can work on the days DH doesn't, eliminating our need for daycare once baby boy gets here) and great pay even considering the part time hours. After job hunting for over 8 months, I don't wanna ruin the perfect opportunity.
  • @jenny0228 what a sweet guy! love that story
  • @jenny0228 Good to know there's some good left in this world.
  • awww, i love this story @jenny0228
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • @jenny0228 awww!! Love it!
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited November 2016
    @thisisallyson best of luck with your new job prospect! I hope they give you a formal offer soon & hope it works out well!! 

@jenny0228 that's awesome! I'm also usually one to say no to help, but it's so nice to hear he did that for you!❤️

Just finished daycare shopping...saw 6 over the last couple days and DH will take tours with me to my top 2 options so we can make our decision.
    I'm considering putting the registration fee down for both of them though just in case because I feel like we may want to keep our options somewhat open since a lot can change between now and June, when I anticipate our LO will start. I'm just worried the staffing or policies will change or something else maybe could happen...idk, probably irrational fears but has anyone else done daycare shopping yet & what (other than price) was the deciding factor for you when choosing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 - We chose our daycare.  Price, location, and interaction with the staff.  We picked a daycare close to home, for a good price, and the owner was AMAZING!  We had a gut feeling it was the right one.  That's one thing my friends said to me - that you will have a gut feeling.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @mecoats that's amazing you found such a great daycare already!! congrats!! I agree, the gut feeling is definitely important! I loved 3 of the 6 & got a bad gut feeling at each of the other 3. One of the 3 I really liked costs about $600 more a month than the other two though, so I nixed it because of that. I'd like DH to see the other two & we'll probably go with whichever of those he likes best since I feel like I'd (right now) feel comfortable with either since I got a great vibe from both of them.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13  Definitely have DH there....he may notice something you didn't, or confirm what you're feeling.  I'm so glad my DH and I were on the same page for our choice.  from what I've heard from all other moms is that you'll definitely know it's the right one.  :)  It will all work out in the end for you and your DH!  Good luck :)  

I can tell you - I had the gut feeling with a non-corporate day care.  We chose one that is regulated, but felt more like an in-home day care.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Ugh insomnia sucks. I have to be up at 4am for an early flight, and here I am at 2am wide awake. It's going to be a long day tomorrow running on what I assume will be 3 hours of sleep. Here's to hoping DD sleeps on the plane so I can get some shut eye then too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whenever I'm listening to music on my phone, and I open a new page or thread on the bump, my music or podcast stops playing. I assume it has something to do with the ads, but it's getting really annoying
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291 said:
    I just bought a used cranberry ergobaby organic said to be in barely used excellent condition for $40 including shipping.  Couldn't pass it up.  I'm excited for it to arrive! #WearAllTheBabies <3 

The only thing that got me through the rough days with my first was babywearing... I assume with two kids I'm going to constantly have one in a carrier or wrap to get anything done! Especially when they both want to be held/need attention at the same time.  
    Where did you find such a great deal?! Jealous!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited November 2016
    SienaC said:
    kjd291 said:
    I just bought a used cranberry ergobaby organic said to be in barely used excellent condition for $40 including shipping.  Couldn't pass it up.  I'm excited for it to arrive! #WearAllTheBabies <3 

The only thing that got me through the rough days with my first was babywearing... I assume with two kids I'm going to constantly have one in a carrier or wrap to get anything done! Especially when they both want to be held/need attention at the same time.  
    Where did you find such a great deal?! Jealous!
    Poshmark! I've never used the site before, had heard of it for reselling fashion items, but didn't know they'd have something like that listed!? Just came up on Google when I was searching for baby carriers. I read through the return policy and such and felt very comfortable buying from the site knowing if I wasn't happy i would be fully refunded! 

Edit to add: (@SienaC) If you're willing to go used, you can find lots of deals like this on eBay, Facebook bst groups and other used seller sites! I'm a big advocate for used big ticket items -- baby's grow up so fast that IMO there is no need to buy all these hundred dollar items only to use them for a few months!
  • I got a baby carrier today to as buy buy baby was having a good deal.. although not 40 dollars good lol... i hope this baby likes baby wearing bc DS hated it! Still does!
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited November 2016
    I got a baby carrier today to as buy buy baby was having a good deal.. although not 40 dollars good lol... i hope this baby likes baby wearing bc DS hated it! Still does!
    Oh man!! I hope too for your sake you get a good wearing kid this time around! It makes life so much easier!

ETA:What kind of carrier did you go with? I wasn't 100% sold on the ergo, I know it's very well reccomended and so so many mamas use it, but had a couple other soft structured carriers I wanted to try more--but when I saw the price of this one i couldn't help myself. Price is a huge factor for this cheapo mama.
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited November 2016
    Also... I get that many people were off of work and/or had plans... but it's been so boring around here today!!!  : (  miss ya'll
  • @kjd291 we got the lille baby all seasons. I've heard good things about Ergo too but this one was 20 bucks cheaper (I'm notorious for my cheapo mama ways too  :D) buy buy baby was giving 25% off to veterans and I had a 10 dollar gift card so today was the day! haha 
  • I finally got the babys crib out of the garage where we put it after we bought it, scrubbed it down and I wish I had noticed how incredibly scratched up it was when we got it (bought it from an online yard sale group) it's cherry with a changing table and only cost $100  but I'm definitely getting rail bumpers or something to cover up all the scratches.  Ugh. Oh well. Excited to start working on his nursery this weekend, along with putting up the Christmas tree! 
    Are you or husband DIY types? You could always try to sand and refinish.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kjd291 we got the lille baby all seasons. I've heard good things about Ergo too but this one was 20 bucks cheaper (I'm notorious for my cheapo mama ways too  :D) buy buy baby was giving 25% off to veterans and I had a 10 dollar gift card so today was the day! haha 
    Yay!! Definitely the day!  I've heard awesome reviews about it-you'll have to report in what you think ;D  
  • @longliveregina not at all,  my husband mentioned that but I know it'd never get done.   I think if I cover it with rail bumpers it'll be fine. Hopefully. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers