February 2017 Moms

The Politics Post

Re: The Politics Post

• ohstars said:
    Michigan might eff this whole thing up. I can't believe it. 
    This is how I feel about Florida  :s
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've never been in such need of alcohol in my life! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Basically she needs Michigan NH and and Virginia to lose Florida Ohio and NC
  • my heart goes out to you guys... this seems to be getting worse by the minute.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • edited November 2016
    She may still win NC, the state is literally in half. Everywhere east of Raleigh is blue and the west is red. It is pretty intense though. 

ETA: yeah, she's not winning NC. The republicans in my town are now posting bible verses and incorporating Trump's name into them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't sleep  :s
  • OMG, Trump is the projected winner for Florida  :'(

• PerraSuciaPerraSucia member
    edited November 2016
    Bill did it without Florida! Clinton tradition!
  • I feel ill. Regardless of the final outcome, the fact that it is so tight feels like a major failure. Of course I'm wide awake and panicking while my American H is PTFO. 
  • Fuck I've lost hope. This is unbelievable. 
  • This is like 2000 again but worse. 
  • I'm sick over this 
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited November 2016
    Well, fuck. 
  • MLRocha said:
    I'm not a strongly political person and I'm really struggling with how upset I am now.
    I'm a pretty strongly political person, but even I'm surprised with how upset I am. I'm not sure how much of it is pregnancy hormones making things even more emotional for me, but I really feel like I've been punched in the gut. I just can't believe how close it was, and I'm scared about what this all means... CNN pundits are talking about how we can expect more of the winning-speech Trump and the whole "We need a wall! we hate Muslims!" rhetoric will be no longer, but I'm skeptical. 
  • Holy shit. I really did not think this would happen. Like, I knew it was possible, but I wasn't even worried.

Trump may be way more moderate now that he's been elected (I've heard that, too) but I'm horrified at the disgusting underbelly of our nation that he's exposed. Is it even an "underbelly" when it's slightly mote than half of voters?? Call me naive, but I've always had such faith in mankind to be generally good  :'(
  • Guys, I'm so sorry this happened. WTF. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • die frau said:
    MLRocha said:
    I'm not a strongly political person and I'm really struggling with how upset I am now.
    I'm a pretty strongly political person, but even I'm surprised with how upset I am. I'm not sure how much of it is pregnancy hormones making things even more emotional for me, but I really feel like I've been punched in the gut. 
    I woke up, saw he won and just started crying uncontrollably. How am I supposed to bring a daughter into the world where half the country supported a racist and sexist person to be president? The first thing my H said was "we are buying a gun because I literally trust no one anymore". And while I'm not behind the gun part, I totally get his fear for our little family now 
  • I couldn't sleep all last night. I feel sick to my stomach. How are there so many people who support someone who says and does the things he does? Obviously I was too optimistic about the makeup of our country before this night. 
  • I was hoping that once I woke up it all would have been a bad dream. I'm completely at a loss for words. 

• I wonder if those who voted for him realize that so many of their friends and family stood to lose way more than they did in this election. All of the social progress we've made in the last decade stands to be neutered or lost. Our entire system hinges on us being informed and consistent voters--not blindly angry and only passionate about who holds a single office. I was proud to see such an increase in voter turnout, but that's all I can say about this whole mess that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth a little. Making a resolution to encourage all my friends and family to vote in *all* elections--not just the big ones. 
    THIS. I have a number of friends who are scared for their lives right now. The KKK has used this election to build their forces. We will see violence. We will see hate crimes. And those that votes for economic reasons will be worse off in 4 years than they are now.
  • LilyASF42 said:
    My pregnant self can not handle this this morning. I legitimately feel like I'm in mourning today. I know that can sound a bit dramatic but I honestly feel that way. Mourning not for Clinton's loss but loss of some hope for us all. 
    This. 
  • As a non-American i can only say that the whole world is reeling from the shock as noone really imagined it could happen. However, im not entirely surprised at the result, the exact same tactics were used during the campaign for the referendum for the uk to leave the european union. Waking up this morning to the result was the same kind of feeling as the morning of the result earlier this year. Absolute disbelief that people had bought the lies and nonsense of the campaign that only fueled racial hatred & brought out the absolute worst in our society.
  • Ok ladies. Rally time. Who can teach me how to be a better democrat? I keep thinking of the quote from the newsroom - is liberals are so fucking smart, why do they lose so goddamn always?

We are so fucking smart. No sarcasm, we really are. But lost two branches of government yesterday with impending doom about to hit the third branch. How do we get better? 
  • I'm disgusted.  Thoroughly disgusted.

I may have to get off FB for awhile or do a serious cleanse. 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @ohstars I honestly don't know. People are scared. I mean people think BLM is a fucking hate group and that we liberals are trying to take away their guns and let immigrants take all their jobs and set fire to their cars. I don't know how to make people less angry because it just makes me angry to deal with.