February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest 11/7

edited November 2016 in February 2017 Moms
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 11/7

• Last night I was seriously having an anxiety attack about all the people in my life who are pissing me off, then started losing it saying to DH, "I feel like when this many people are annoying you, you have to become a little introspective for a minute and think, is it me?!?!? Am I just a psycho bitch?!?!" I really don't think it is, but this is reaching insane levels...

Friend #1: We've been GREAT friends for the past 9 years, but for whatever reason in the past 1-2 years she's seemed very different and distant from me. She's currently pregnant and due in late November. We always talked about how fun it would be to be pregnant together, and now we are, and she seems to avoid any contact with me. I've texted her 5 times since mid-September and have received 0 responses, including after I sent her a baby gift four weeks ago and still haven't receive a thank you card, text, call, or anything. Just a simple "hey, thanks!" would be nice...

Friend #2: We live 2 hours apart and are both located very far from all our normal friends circle and family. I've lived near her for 6 months and she has blown me off on getting together the past 5 times where she doesn't even text to say she can't make it, she just texts me two days later and informs me she was busy and here are her excuses for not messaging me. We were supposed to get together today and she started avoiding responding again yesterday, come to find out she blew me off again. And every time its been her idea to get together! Woman, I'm pregnant and meeting up with you takes over an hour drive! You could at least respond any tell me you can't make it!

Brother: He keeps trying to bait me with political nonsense, but he has actually never cared about politics in the history of his entire life and also is completely uneducated in this election too. He just rants off one-liners from his psycho-girlfriend's ramblings, gets me fired up, and then he can't even have an actual conversation because he doesn't know what he is talking about and I become so frustrated about it. 

Mother: She's been driving me nuts forever. Lately her new thing is to ask for pictures of the baby or I'll tell her something and she will just reply "nice" or "beautiful" and won't really celebrate with me or share in my excitement about when I tell her how sweet DH is or whatever. Then throughout the rest of the week I'll get messages or calls from family members who she has forwarded all of my pictures too or told my stories to and it's just frustrating to me because I feel like I meet her with my excitement and she has to shut me down like "Oh, thats cool, I guess" and then turns around to the world and is like "OH MY GOSH! Look at my beautiful grandson! I can't wait for him to be here!" And it becomes HER joy and excitement, and she won't share it or celebrate it with me... isn't that weird? It makes me want to be a spiteful bitch and not send her pictures or allow her anywhere near the hospital when I give birth when she's just going to make it all about her. If she would say to me like "Oh my gosh, he's so beautiful, I'm so happy for you guys! This is so exciting!" it would be so different. 

Maybe I'm just more pissed at myself that I don't tell these people off and instead I smile sweetly at them, say its okay, and become a damn doormat, when I really want to lose my shit! haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last night I was seriously having an anxiety attack about all the people in my life who are pissing me off, then started losing it saying to DH, "I feel like when this many people are annoying you, you have to become a little introspective for a minute and think, is it me?!?!? Am I just a psycho bitch?!?!" I really don't think it is, but this is reaching insane levels...

Friend #1: We've been GREAT friends for the past 9 years, but for whatever reason in the past 1-2 years she's seemed very different and distant from me. She's currently pregnant and due in late November. We always talked about how fun it would be to be pregnant together, and now we are, and she seems to avoid any contact with me. I've texted her 5 times since mid-September and have received 0 responses, including after I sent her a baby gift four weeks ago and still haven't receive a thank you card, text, call, or anything. Just a simple "hey, thanks!" would be nice...

Friend #2: We live 2 hours apart and are both located very far from all our normal friends circle and family. I've lived near her for 6 months and she has blown me off on getting together the past 5 times where she doesn't even text to say she can't make it, she just texts me two days later and informs me she was busy and here are her excuses for not messaging me. We were supposed to get together today and she started avoiding responding again yesterday, come to find out she blew me off again. And every time its been her idea to get together! Woman, I'm pregnant and meeting up with you takes over an hour drive! You could at least respond any tell me you can't make it!

Brother: He keeps trying to bait me with political nonsense, but he has actually never cared about politics in the history of his entire life and also is completely uneducated in this election too. He just rants off one-liners from his psycho-girlfriend's ramblings, gets me fired up, and then he can't even have an actual conversation because he doesn't know what he is talking about and I become so frustrated about it. 

Mother: She's been driving me nuts forever. Lately her new thing is to ask for pictures of the baby or I'll tell her something and she will just reply "nice" or "beautiful" and won't really celebrate with me or share in my excitement about when I tell her how sweet DH is or whatever. Then throughout the rest of the week I'll get messages or calls from family members who she has forwarded all of my pictures too or told my stories to and it's just frustrating to me because I feel like I meet her with my excitement and she has to shut me down like "Oh, thats cool, I guess" and then turns around to the world and is like "OH MY GOSH! Look at my beautiful grandson! I can't wait for him to be here!" And it becomes HER joy and excitement, and she won't share it or celebrate it with me... isn't that weird? It makes me want to be a spiteful bitch and not send her pictures or allow her anywhere near the hospital when I give birth when she's just going to make it all about her. If she would say to me like "Oh my gosh, he's so beautiful, I'm so happy for you guys! This is so exciting!" it would be so different. 

Maybe I'm just more pissed at myself that I don't tell these people off and instead I smile sweetly at them, say its okay, and become a damn doormat, when I really want to lose my shit! haha
    With friend one and two, I am horrible at responding to text or phone messages, so maybe they are too. If you email or facebook me I will get back to you really quickly.Maybe there is a better way to communicate with them.  

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Little dude is sick with hand blisters so I'm trying to work from home. 

Hes not sick enough to be lethargic but too sick to go to school. 

He is seriously a magnet for HFMD but never gets it badly. Maybe it's some other similar virus. We go in at 1015

• @TeacherMom2517 as far as the friends go, I just wouldn't bother being friends with them anymore. If they're really not making any effort to communicate with you probably better to just let it go. The brother I would just ignore. As far as your mom, this is your first right? Parents can start behaving weird when they're making the grandparent transition. I would just try talking to her about it. If that doesn't work you have every right to shut her out of the delivery room. Overall though it sounds like you have every right to be upset about these people's behavior. Im sorry your dealing with this crap.

• @PerraSucia How is he doing? Did they tell you what they think it is? 
  • @homemake here's hoping! Fingers crossed for you too :)
  • @homemake definitely hfmd. He's okay mostly just congested and needing a lot of hugs. He will drink but isn't eating much.  Also my baby is just shy of 40"  :'(
  • @TeacherMom2517 sounds like friends 1 and 2 are pretty crappy friends. If it were me I'd prob reach out to friend 1 one more time to see whats going on but then leave it up to her to respond and see if it's a friendship she's willing to put time into again. For friend 2 I'd be done. Sorry if you have plans with someone you need to give them a heads up as soon as possible if you are breaking them. I get that things happen and sometimes you aren't able to but that should happen like once, not the many times it sounds like it has. As for your brother he just sounds like an annoying brother to me, I'd tell him I'm ignoring him if he brings up politics again and then stick to that. With your mom I'd give it some more time. When I first told my mom I was pregnant she was the opposite of being supportive and I think it just took her a while for it to sink in. Now that it has it's pretty clear that she's excited about her grandson though she still shows it in strange ways. I've just kind of accepted that that's her and let that go. You are totally within your right to not let her be at the hospital and I'd prob send less pics if it were me. I'm hoping I can talk my parents into waiting a couple weeks to come visit. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Aww, that sucks @PerraSucia. Hate when my baby is sick. Hopefully your little guy feels better soon. The only decent thing to come out of it is all the snuggles we get. 

My bitchfest is that DS's daycare are constantly losing his indoor shoes. Like how does that even happen? I've never had a single thing to complain about in his previous classes but I'm really not impressed with the educators in charge of the 2-3yr olds. They're real nice and my son seems to like them and all but they seem very disorganized. I'm thinking of booking a meeting with the director soon to discuss this. It's happened quite a few times that his stuff disappears even if it's all labeled. We sometimes get lucky and it reappears a few days/weeks later. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Not exactly sure where to put this so I'm ranting here and hoping I can get some advice on how to handle it.

I have a friend who I've known since first grade, we were very close through middle school but naturally grew apart. I haven't actually hung out with her since maybe the first year of college. However, since my parents were good friends with hers and we have known them so long, her and her mom were invited to my bridal shower and their family to my wedding. Flash forward almost three years to now and since I posted about my pregnancy, she has randomly tagged me on Facebook in some baby things and added a caption asking when my baby shower was (I just kind of ignored that). Now today when I was at work she randomly calls me and leaves a message asking if she should plan for a time to be in town soon for the baby shower. I honestly only plan to have family and a handful of very close friends there, so I'm not inviting her. But I'm not really sure how to handle this since she has asked several times now both personally to me and publicly on Facebook. Anyone have some good advice about this?
  • @lfrank12 It seems like she would really like to attend your shower if she has asked multiple times and even went so far as to call, would it be a big deal if you just invited her? I understand it's going to be a small gathering but maybe one more person wouldn't hurt? If you really don't want to invite her I would just lie and tell her it is going to be strictly family only so her feelings wouldn't be hurt. 
  • lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited November 2016
    @LC12261012 I guess it just bothers me a bit she is only reaching out now because she wants to attend the shower, not any other time before I got pregnant. We basically aren't friends at all anymore so I just feel really awkward about the whole situation

ETA I just don't know if I should respond and let her know it will be a small shower or just ignore the entire thing. She is the type of person that might make it more awkward implying she feels she should still be invited to a small shower
  • @PerraSucia your little man's hand is SO freaking adorable!! I hope he feels better very soon.  

@TeacherMom2517 you must be a saint to have that much patience. it just baffles me that your friend would invite you and then not show up mitigate times.  I think in all cases you certainly need to have a talk with all these people. 

@yogadevil i felt the same way when I failed my 3 hour.  Don't beat yourself up. There's still a chance you may pass the 3 hour.  And remember that it's my anything you did but the hormones from the placenta that make it hard for your body to use insulin. Feel free to join the GD thread.  Most of us are managing it with diet and you may pick up some tips.  

• My MBF....this company I'm working for right now is the only place I've ever worked where they don't Crack down on you for speaking anything other than English at work.  There are these 2 girls behind who are CONSTANTLY talking in Polish ttogether all freaking day.  It drives me nuts hearing it and also I can't help but wonder if they are talking about me.  I'm just a temp here so,  I can't even complain. Btw, i can't listen to music on my headphones cuz of what I do.  

• They're just constantly chattering,  non stop.  And,  at least in my field we don't allow it.
     1. because boss can't tell if they are working or socializing.  
    2. We deal with sensitive patient info, and it's possible people are talking about the patients, which they are not supposed to. 
    3. it's just unprofessional and annoying to others nearby who do not speak that language.

For the record,  I THINK it's Polish. Could be Bulgarian or something else.  And I don't have a problem with the language.  It's just annoying AF when I'm trying to do my work and all I hear is this nonstop gibberish. Have you ever had the TV on to some foreign channel  that you don't know the language to?  

• Umm wow. So much flame. 
    What you guys are saying is actually unheard of for me.  I'm just going to leave it at that.  

• We have lots of native Spanish speakers in Florida, I work with several, and have had tenants whose first language was Spanish. I enjoy it and if they are not opposed, I just practice my rusty Spanish. Often times people appreciate an inclusive gesture. 

Maybe if  you ask what their language is, and how to say 1-2 basic phrases, they might start including you in their conversations.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • My MIL refuses to get a flu shot, she has no reason other than that she thinks they don't work. I can't even tell her she can't visit the new baby until after flu season, because i know i will need her help with DD. DH has talked to her about it multiple times, but apparently she doesn't care how we feel. 
  • @ekessler6 I hate how inconsiderate people are. My mom swears she's only ever gotten the flu the year she got the flu shot and always goes on an annoying rant about it. Does your MIL know you need her to help with your daughter? If not I'd bluff and say she couldn't see the baby until she got a flu shot. Or rather I'd have your husband tell her that b/c blood should deal with blood. If she is planning on helping with DD you could still say she can't hold the new baby until she gets it. Your daughter will have a flu shot I'm guessing but the baby can't so therefore if she doesn't get one she can be around your daughter but doesn't get to see the new baby. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @ekessler6 My doctor told me two things this year: one, that the vaccine this year is pretty well targeted: the main flu strains in the vaccine seem to closely line up with the flu strains that are going around, which means this year it is more effective than other years. She also told me that the strain of influenza B going around this year is a particular doozy when it comes to kids, so it was especially important that my husband and I get our shots. We were going to anyway, but she rushed us ahead a little because of the pregnancy. 

Perhaps that info might help your MIL? It's true some years are less effective than others, but this year is not one of them.
  • All of that information is totally logical, except with my MIL.. she uses her own science to explain things.. like the science she sees on a tv show or on facebook, or something someone told her one time. What's really scary is that her boyfriend has a heart condition and her parents are in their 90's...she refuses to acknowledge that the flu kills people, especially those at high risk. We tried telling her all these things when DD was born and she totally ingnored us..she ended up getting really sick the week DD was born and we didn't see her for about a month... she probably had the damn flu!