Pregnant after IF

August/Sept IF Success Group

13»

Re: August/Sept IF Success Group

• Good luck with your second beta @Nellin! I know exactly how you feel, I was a nervous wreck waiting for the 2nd beta. I think it actually made me more nervous than the 1st beta for some reason. I'm not really sure how I coped with the nerves other than telling myself that it's all out of my control and I just have to hope and believe that this will all work out. Keep us posted! You got this!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @flanners1 @wifeinraleigh28 thanks guys! I was worried it was too early to be on the 1st tri board. I'll wait to see how my beta results go first.
    Started feeling sick again now which is calming me down. I'm sure I'll get over the nausea but at the moment it's a welcome symptom!

@babylonghorn16 Expecting better looks like my kind of book! I'm a librarian so I love research and statistics and hate unexplained contradictory advice! I went to buy my lunch yesterday and realised all the options were on the no list. Guess I'll have to be better about packing my own every day! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @Nellin Definitely try not to worry about your symptoms right now. Most people don't even get any pregnancy symptoms until they are about 6 weeks along! Nausea didn't kick in for me until I was 6 weeks and a couple of days. I hope you get your beta results soon!

• @wifeinraleigh28 Thanks! second beta came in right on track at 2600, got another beta in a week and then I have to wait till week 8 for my first scan! It's going to feel like forever!

• Congrats @Nellin!! I can empathize with the long wait for the ultrasound... it is so long! I hope you'll be able to distract yourself effectively!

• @Nellin Expecting Better sounds like the perfect book for you then! Helped calm my nerves to have stats and data backing all of these recommendations. Congrats on 2nd beta! 

Haven't been on here in a while bc we've been on our "babymoon" (I kind of hate that expression, but that's legitimately what it was)! We toured the East Coast - started in DC, went to NYC by train, got rental and drove to Newport, RI, took ferry to Martha's, and ended in Boston! Made some stops along the way. We've never been north of DC, so it was a new and exciting adventure! I will say though that I'm glad to be back home. Got some really great pics and planning on creating a photo album for our little one so that when they are older, they can recreate the trip they went on in utero lol.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @wifeinraleigh28 Thanks, third and final beta tomorrow (21 DP5DT). Also I got them to move my scan a couple of days earlier (my partner couldn't make the original time) so no I have 2 1/2 weeks wait assuming tomorrow goes well. 

@babylonghorn16 Whatever you call it that sounds like a great trip! Welcome home :) 

• edited November 2016
    @babylonghorn16 That sounds like a fantastic trip!! And the fall sounds like the perfect time of year to do it as well!

@Nellin Good luck with that final beta!!

• @babylonghorn16 Sounds like a great trip! Newport is my original homeland, and one of my fave places in the world. Hope you had an amazing time exploring this part of the country.
  • @BornReady we stayed in Newport at a very ~*fancy*~ hotel... think it was called Hotel 41 North or something like that. It was AMAZING. Put the fire on and ate chocolate in the room while watching trash TV... it was our only lazy night! Also did the cliff walk - I posted pic in "baby bumps" thread :)! We had a great time to say the least! Will have to visit again in the summertime!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @wifeinraleigh28 Thanks  - last beta went well. Woke up with spotting yesterday which freaked me out but hormones are right on track so fingers crossed everything is good. Two weeks tomorrow till first scan! 

@babylonghorn16 What a great idea! Especially for those who can't face the travel :)

• Hi Everyone!

Board has been silent for awhile - just checking in! Any updates and/or milestones??

AFM - we have nursery painted and the crib set up! I pre-registered at our hospital and signed up for a class/tour in Dec! I'm also going to signup for a breastfeeding class on the recommendation from my OB. I don't know the FIRST thing about breastfeeding, so probably smart to educate myself before LO arrives! DH is going to a daddy bootcamp in either Feb or March. My OB also highly recommended and said no man has ever complained about the class - so it MUST be good lol!

My bump is pretty big now - I'll be 20 weeks this Sunday! Can't believe we are halfway through this journey already! So excited to welcome our little babe into the world!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday!! <3
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 I responded to you already but my post was deleted along with all the others made on the 23rd after that maintenance thing! I'll try to recap:

Wow, I'm amazed by all you've gotten done already and I hope to have half that stuff figured out by the time I'm 20 weeks! There isn't a whole lot going on over here other than my belly finally really popped out this week and I'm loving it! We announced to family and close friends about a week ago and that felt amazing. Still trying to figure out when to go public though. I wasn't going to do a social media announcement but DH really wants to so I'm coming around. We might do it after our prenatal appointment on Wednesday. I'm 13 weeks now so I'll be joining you in the 2nd tri check in next week!

• So happy for you both! I allowed myself a little look online at nursery things last night for the first time but I'm a long way from actually buying anything! 

My 8 week scan went well last week so assuming everything goes well I'm done with IF treatment! 

I'm meeting this week with my nurse-midwife who will be my lead medical care through till 6weeks after birth. (How things normally work in New Zealand)

I'm hoping I'll have a scan and be able to tell people before Christmas (I'll be 12 weeks on Christmas eve). Immediate family and very close friends already know. They've been our support through the IVF journey and I know I will need their support if we mc.

Hope everyone else is going well :)
  • Hi Ladies!

I pulled the trigger on Friday and bought baby stuff. I still feel like it's early at 14 weeks to be buying things but we have to buy 2 of everything so I decided if we found good deals we would just buy things. We bought 2 cribs and we found a double stroller open box special. We now need to start clearing out our spare bedroom to make it into a nursery. I don't think I am going to paint until we know what we are having in a month.

@wifeinraleigh28 - I was anti a facebook post but I ended up doing it anyway because we had too many people that I wanted to know but I don't talk to on a daily basis to tell them. I explained our journey and made sure that I recognized infertility in it. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @wifeinraleigh28 @Nellin @kelrauh great to hear from y'all!

@wifeinraleigh28 congrats on making your announcement! Don't worry - once my family knew, they really stepped in and volunteered to help with the nursery. You're sure to get a lot of help!

@Nellin so glad your 8 wk scan went well! I had the same thought as you about telling close friends/family - would definitely need their support if anything didn't go as planned! Sounds like you have nothing to worry abt though!

@kelrauh never too early to start buying things you need! At 14 weeks, you are pretty safe! Sounds like you've gotten a great start. Don't buy too much though - need to have stuff for your registry! :) I understand not wanting to wait until showers though... kind of stresses me out to think about not having ANYTHING until a month or 2 before baby!

AFM - Thanksgiving was great! I did get some unsolicited advice which was pretty annoying. People kept acting like I was DYING bc I wasn't able to drink. Okay guys, I know I like my wine, but I'm not an alcoholic. Jeez. They just made it worse by bringing it up. And one girl told me (as I grabbed a cookie) that her friend gained 50lbs bc she would eat sweets while people were drinking... and that her mom always said "just bc they say 30lbs is normal doesn't mean you HAVE to gain 30lbs"... LOL, um okay thanks. Ahhh ppl are great. But I don't even care, bc what they don't know is that I've been waiting 2 1/2 years to not be able to drink and to gain 30lbs of pregnancy weight!! Bring it on!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 - with two i figured we were safe to buy some of the expensive things. I told DH that if I buy expensive things that just leaves more small things that I wouldn't buy myself for the shower. 

Thanksgiving was good for me but I just cant eat much which is hard when I love the food at Thanksgiving. I was glad to have the time with family. I have 5 sister-in-laws that were asking many questions and giving me advice for the birth and breastfeeding. It was nice to sit down and talk to them as we are going from 0-2 and they all have at least 2 kids. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @babylonghorn16 Some of those comments you received at Thanksgiving would drive me absolute bonkers!! The truth of the matter is, everyone gains a different amount of weight because *gasp* everyone is different! I'm with you, I've been waiting and trying so hard to get to this point. You won't hear me complaining about not being able to drink or about putting on weight! Sheesh.

@kelrauh I can't eat as much either and this was very evident at Thanksgiving. I find myself getting full really quick (unless it is lunch time, then I'm a bottomless pit for some reason). But at dinner, I get that uncomfortable full feeling almost immediately.

• @wifeinraleigh28 @babylonghorn16 - I wish I had a time of the day that I ate a lot. The only things that I seem to be able to eat a lot of is spaghetti with marinara and pickles (at separate times, not together). I just get full too fast or start gagging. I got on the scale on Friday hoping that thanksgiving dinner would have helped me gain some weight and still haven't gained. I have gained a total of 2lbs and I am 14 weeks with twins. I would rather be gaining too much at this point, then I would know that I am eating enough for me and the babies and not be frustrated. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762