April 2017 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 11.8.16

Re: TW Tuesday 11.8.16

• Options
    HGRichHGRich member
    edited November 2016
    My TW is that my place of work is a polling place AND there's a lot of construction happening right outside my office area. It's keeping us from being able to use the employee bathroom and break room, and instead I have to take my thousand trips to pee today amongst the voters. First world problems, I know. But I'm cranky.  :D Also, whatever they're doing for the construction smells terrible. Hope I'm not breathing in anything I shouldn't be. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsbakes That sounds nerve wrecking! I hope they find nothing serious. 

My TW is my dog. He is whining nonstop to be both inside and outside simultaneously. It is too chilly for me to have the door open today. Figure yourself out, dude. 
  • Options
    @MrsBakes That sounds frustrating! I hope it turns out to be a non issue.

TW goes to the student workers in our office who have canceled their shifts this week and now instead of getting a nice long walk at lunch, I have to plan to be here part of the time to cover our office phones. :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My TW is my doctors office right now. They are at least an hour behind. I say at least because I am waiting to see the doctor still for my appointment that was scheduled for an hour ago.
  • Options
    My TW is my boss right now. I just need him to understand the words that I'm saying and believe me when I say that we don't have extra of the men's jackets (christmas present for managers) because he told me to only order 4 extra in women's sizes. I've been tracking the orders for months and I write everything down, hello I know what I'm talking about. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • Options
    BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
    edited November 2016
    Chick fil-a is a TW today... tmi ahead... I was feeling great, ate their breakfast, fast forward an hour I came home dry heaving and after a nap it's the other end... I haven't had morning sickness at all through this pregnancy so I doubt it's that... boo chick fil-a I won't be eating there again for a long time 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My SIL... the usual one. I have SPD, debilitating pain that severely restricts how much walk/standing/bending/etc. I can do in one day. So, I have basically been her live-in maid and daycare for the past 5 months. I talked to her last week about picking up more because I am in pain. Nope. Nada. I am not the kind of person who can relax living in a pig sty. So, basically I am in severe pain at the end of the day just cleaning up after her and her kid or I am super stressed out and unable to leave my bedroom because we are living in a dung heap. I hate her and I hate my life. The end. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone who folds their money and checks as small as possible is a TW. If this pertains to you sorry, but STOP IT!
    I hear ya!  i used to be a cashier and I hated this!  What's worse is when people pull their money out of their bra!  
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy Hugs girl :/ I know you're in a lot of pain and I'm sorry to hear that the SIL situation is not getting any better. Thinking of you.
  • Options
    My MIL who lets her 12 year old son get away with everything. He manipulates everyone to get his way and then today he flat out lied to my husband and got caught. She was like, "yeah he does that" and moved on. I was so disappointed in them both. 
  • Options
    @Virginialeigh I'm cracking up at sweaty tit money!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @Dax28 completely agree with you on this....so infuriating. I have 4 indoor cats who have NEVER been outside so the chances of them having contracted toxoplasmosis are basically zero. However, just to be safe, my husband is doing the litter boxes  most days - but I was telling a friend that he was away for a few days so I did it (and wore gloves, and washed my hands after obviously) and she was basically as horrified as if I had been doing heavy drinking. And my other TW is the people asking me if I am afraid my cats are going to try and hurt my baby. Umm, no? My cats have been around babies/toddlers before and they either ignore them or are afraid of them (this is actually pretty funny). And I am not going to leave my baby unsupervised anyway, whether or not I have cats. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's Tuesday, but I have a major TW today and needed to vent.  Instead of doing a reveal party we mailed out scratch off cards to reveal the sex to our parents and siblings.  My mom insisted that I also mail a card to my aunt who is unable to have children.  The cards say "What the duck will Baby W be?".  Then there are 6 circles with instructions that say "Scratch and match 3 ducks to see".  I posted a picture of the UNSCRATCHED cards before our AS Tuesday on Facebook sharing our excitement about finding out and that WE would reveal this weekend.  People posted boy vs girl guesses.

So, we mailed the cards right after the AS on Tuesday knowing they would get to family today/Friday.  After class today I get on Facebook and see that MY AUNT HAS POSTED A PICTURE OF THE SCRATCHED OFF CARD REVEALING THE BABY IS A BOY ON MY STATUS. WTF?! How do people not understand that this is not their news to share.  I even said that WE would announce this weekend.  I deleted the picture right away and to my knowledge no immediate family saw it, but I.AM.PISSED.    She could have texted me, she could have waited until I said something, etc.  But no, posts a freaking picture of it. TW of my week.  :'(

• Options
    @wagnerw I would cut her.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Options
    @wagnerw That's terrible! Hopefully nobody saw it. I'm sure she was just excited but still, send a text!!
  • Options
    @wagnerw nooo! That's so annoying! Is she one of those who doesn't understand how Facebook works and thought only you could see it? If not that's so unacceptable. My brother said "she" on a comment on a post yesterday but I saw it immediately at least and deleted it. But with such a cute reveal idea being almost ruined that's so much worse. 
  • Options
    @Tinkerbell413 @schef070911 @HGRich

I was so mad.  I texted her and explained the situation and she just said "Ok".  What I think happened is that she was confused by the card.  She thought the baby was a girl, and it just so happened that the first four bubbles she scratched off were the yellow/neutral duck and the 3 boy ducks (which gives her the 3 matching ducks aka it's a boy).  She commented "I think you sent the wrong card".  I am convincing myself that it was a confusion post and not a sarcastic comment/ruining the surprise because she wasn't even thinking.  Confusion makes me feel better, but only a little. If it truly was confusion she could have just texted me to clarify!  

• Options
    @wagnerw That is so tough! We announced to family at a party recently and my sister wanted to live video it on Facebook. I had to tel her no and explain that have other people to tell before the Facebook world knows. Luckily, she understood and I was able to keep my secret until I was ready to reveal.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 I am so glad she was understanding! Social media is so tough when others don't understand who might want to be the ones to actually share the news.
  • Options
    @wagnerw I am sorry this happened to you! DH and I were worried about something like this happening when I was pregnant with DS so we modified our settings so that people couldn't post to our profiles until we were ready to share any news...we were worried about people congratulating us on his birth via Facebook before we could make our own announcement.
  • Options
    HappyAnjelHappyAnjel member
    edited November 2016
    @wagnerw oh no! It's horrible when people ruin your news and plans.. My mom posted " can't wait to meet my new grandson, ____ is going to be such a great big sister to her brother!" On my Facebook announcement and got mad when I deleted it.. I didn't notice until 5 people commented below her.. and I specifically told her not to tell anyone multiple times.. then she says " how was I supposed to know ? I thought you were kidding about waiting to announce." I wanted to choke her.

And last pregnancy my other brother made a status about becoming an uncle and tagged me in it when we hadn't announced..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Options
    @HappyAnjel oh no! Yikes. That is so frustrating!