Trouble TTC
Options

Two Week Wait Tips

What are some of your tricks for staying relaxed and distracted during the tww? It's been awhile since I've had a real shot and I'm desperately trying to stay calm & relaxed but thought your girls might have some suggestions.
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: Two Week Wait Tips

• Options
    I don't know if there is anything I do specifically...just whatever I can to keep my brain busy.  I've been binge watching some of my favorite tv shows, which I recommend to no one because its not exactly the healthiest thing to do, lol.  I always read a lot.  Sometimes I go on cleaning binges to and clean everything in my house that may have a speck of dust on it.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    We went on a mini-vacay for a couple of days. It helped!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My therapist recommended coming up with a project to distract yourself. I was going to make my project organizing the linen closet, but, like @hoffmanr7, I mostly binge watch shows. Like Catfish. I have a small obsession with that show. Thanks for aiding and abetting, Hulu!
  • Options
    I usually am busy with work related events but even then, I still get antsy around the halfway point. 
  • Options
    On the TWW, I try to have non-babysex intimacy with DH and like the rest, lots of binge watching.

The day before my expected period, I try to do something special like go out for lunch or go to movie. It kind of distracts me from analyzing every cramp or potential symptom.
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• Options
    OMG how could I forget my latest favorite distraction!? 

I'm not sure if any of you out there are gamers, but I am in love with Overcooked ($10 for DL, PS4/XboxOne/PC). It's a single player or cooperative game where you're a chef trying to fulfill orders at your given location. Think Burger Time meets Chopped/Top Chef. (If you loved Cooking Mama, this is up your alley.) DH and I joke that cooperative is "divorce mode", but we have so much fun.
    DH - low motility

• Options
    Online window shopping. I shouldn't do it so much, but lately I've been obsessive. Furniture, shoes, clothes, kitchen stuff, the Christmas gift lists - you name it. I look at them all. (I never buy any though, so it's not dangerous.)

I will also binge watch shows (excited for The Crown!), and in a twist, the other week I got crazy into solitaire. I couldn't stop playing for 8 hours.
  • Options
    @funkykey Do you ever go on Zulily?  It is my obsession.  I've bought so much off of there.  I already have over half of my Christmas shopping done because of that site.
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 No- haha! I'd signed up ages ago and lost my password, so I don't look at it much. I just did a quick surf, and I can see how that would be dangerous. I love when things are on super-sale. Just now, I was like: "whoa, that is a nice french press!" and: "I do need some new workout gear."

I look at a lot of department store websites, and pinterest! So much pinterest!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I think I have gotten to the point where I expect to fail and always expect to not be pregnant so I really don't have to distract myself anymore. I stock up on tampons and don't even buy pregnancy tests anymore. lol. Sad. But at least I'll be pleasantly surprised when my time comes.
  • Options
    I'm grateful the holidays are coming up so I can put energy into being thoughtful to others. More so than a normal day of the year. Takes my mind off of that wait.

Is anyone else not buying new clothes because they're too cheap to replace them if/when that pregnancy comes along? It feels pointless to buy new bras or cute undewear, especially.
    DH - low motility

• Options
    I am not actively avoiding buying new clothes but I'm not looking for any. If I see something cute, I'll get it
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @BenJay I never really actively look to buy new clothes but I also am not holding out to buy new things because, like @whenwillieversleep my brain right now is at the point where I just expect not to be pregnant each month.  I more so am trying not to buy clothes because of the possible (probable) HSG looming in my near future.  Trying to squirrel away enough so that we have at least half of the full payment in cold hard cash.
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 That's a fair point. I am trying to stay optimistic but I will likely get to that place very soon. 

Yeah, I have been holding off on stuff because yikes, the cost of the IUI + trigger.
    DH - low motility

• Options
    kaseycocokaseycoco member
    edited November 2016
    @benjay I had been holding off on buying new pants (all of mine were wearing thin) thinking those would be the first thing to go when pregnant, but finally had to bite the bullet last weekend when I ripped a hole in the butt of my favorite pair lol. I'm having a hard time in this TWW since it's the first medicated IUI I've done and the slightest hope has been restored. 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BenJay @hoffmanr7 - the main reason I don't buy clothes is the $$, 100%! I know I've mentioned we're planning a renovation - between that and the possibility of lots of IF treatments, we are skint! Actually, now that I think of it, obsessively organizing our receipts and preparing spreadsheets of our spending takes up a fair amount of my TWW time - hahaha!

But @BenJay, re: feeling like it's pointless to buy new stuff b/c impending pregnancy - DH and I have a running joke about how pregnant I will one day be. DH is convinced I am going to do it up "mom-style" and gain a bunch of weight, which (because of my body type) will rest entirely on my hips, thighs, and butt, and that I won't ever lose it. He's always like: "It's ok - I know how this goes. You will get bigger as we get older." Which makes me laugh. I'm not the most petite woman now (ahem!), and I keep reminding him: "I have worked too hard for this wardrobe to not fit into it after the fact." I have a few wool coats and suits from work a few years ago that I would hate to not be able to fit into! They were expensive!

• Options
    @funkykey - I come from hearty stock and I always joke that Mother Nature made my body to survive famine. I was born gain, not lose.

I started by exclusively elastic waisted everything when Clomid added a few more pounds. I am forever changed! 

DH - low motility

• Options
    @BenJay hahahaha, nice! Well, I dunno. There's how I want things to go in my pinterest-inspired head, and then there's how they actually might go. So we'll see - all my fancy wool work items might go outta style anyway. ;)