February 2017 Moms

The Politics Post

Re: The Politics Post

• Perhaps I'm more aware this year then other years, but I find this to be the most horrific election I have ever witnessed. I was a diehard democrat for many years.... these days though I feel like I'm not for either party! I want less/smarter spending, I want others religion to stay out of government, my better education, legalized weed, GMOs labeled....I don't know how to fix the healthcare mess but I know that my costs have gone significantly up.

SouthPark this season refers to "their" candidates as a giant deuche or a turd sandwich. This is really how I feel.
    I'm just trying to convince myself to choose the lesser evil and not vote third party (which I know will do very little good and I've heard solid arguments it will do more harm). 

And the pipeline just breaks my heart. 

I think I'm going to hide for these last 3 months :(
  • I went to the office cafeteria for lunch and finally had the appeal of Trump explained to me by the cashier:
    "I think that a lot of men are going to vote for Trump just so they can watch his wife be the first lady for the next four years...  That's what my husband says."  Finally, I get it.   :s

At least this will all be over soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • homemake said:
    Waiting for my husband to come home so we can go vote! Anyone else feel like they're going to be glued to the tv Tuesday night? 
    Normally I am glued and drinking... sadly I will just be glued and munching on halloween candy to fill the void of alcohol. 

Samesies.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • homemake said:
    Waiting for my husband to come home so we can go vote! Anyone else feel like they're going to be glued to the tv Tuesday night? 
    Normally I am glued and drinking... sadly I will just be glued and munching on halloween candy to fill the void of alcohol. 

Samesies.
    Anyone else tempted to go sit in the woods until 9? I am so darn nervous. 
  • homemake said:

Samesies.
    Anyone else tempted to go sit in the woods until 9? I am so darn nervous. 
    OMG yes. I voted by absentee awhile ago, but MA is not exactly a swing state, so I don't feel like I changed much in the national election. 
    I should count myself fortunate that Yurrup is 6hrs ahead of Boston so I can go to bed and wake up on Wednesday with a lot of the nail-biting already over.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• mrslittlemacmrslittlemac member
    edited November 2016
    Love that pipeline map! May have to steal it. 

So, I'm side-eyeing my state's judicial decisions hardcore right now. Some dude used bear spray on two deputies and is serving 15 years. Not that what he did was right but seriously? It's mace, in a fog format. Those deputies will not have lasting psychological or physical damage from it. Not to mention how widely it's used BY them as a defensive measure against citizens.

Meanwhile the guy I ranted about earlier in this thread got 60 DAYS for a crime that will permanently change the life of a child, especially since she hasn't even been removed from the residence!

Montana justice, I guess. At least the state's pretty :angry:
  • @skiingstark Thank you for those articles they were good reads!

• Like, I literally have one 60 year old man family friend who posts 2 or 3 "Hillary is the devil" posts every day. Not an exaggeration. 
  • Wow @PerraSucia that is shocking! Ill be thinking of you all tomorrow! 
  • I'm really, really curious to see what happens when it's time for Trump's concession speech. 
  • MommaBean said:
    I'm really, really curious to see what happens when it's time for Trump's concession speech. 
    One can only hope....

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • If I had an all white outfit, I'd wear it to vote because I just can't get enough of that symbolism. Instead I'll probably be in yoga pants, but DS will be in his Labor Day yay America outfit and possibly carrying a little American flag if I can find it. And we can walk to our polling place so we will be putting on our own 2 person parade.
  • @krob I announced on my social media with a sticker on my bump too!
  • @homemake Yes! I've been Pantsuiting basically all day. It's helping soothe my anxiety, even though the stories/photos make me tear up almost constantly...they're happy tears, at least!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Threw some mad snarky shade at all the uneducated millennials on my fb who use memes as a means of research and feel compelled to constantly bash/disagree with ANYONE who has an even remotely opposing opinion. It seems pretty common with my age group right now. No one knows who I voted for, and I prefer to keep it that way just for personal reasons but I had a pretty diverse mix of reps/dems on my fb this year. It's pretty impressive considering the town I'm in where the Trump supporters are the overwhelming majority. Woo. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is fucking awful. 
    So. Much. Stress
  • Michigan might eff this whole thing up. I can't believe it. 
  • I'm going to bed because ive already had too much stress and anxiety today to watch this. I'm just hoping to wake up to good news when I need to pee again in two hours...