January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (11/6)

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What is your favorite baby purchase/gift so far? (Stolen from Tuesday ticker change)

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (11/6)

• Hello All, Sorry for not posting for a few weeks, its been a tough time as my wife lost her mother (unexpected) on Halloween (they live in europe) so between  not being able to go to the funeral etc its been rough.

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you?   We are at 29 almost 30 (tuesday) weeks, had a Ob appt on Thursday who said everything is going well although he told her to take an iron pill in addition to her prenatal.   He has his active days and relaxed says.  This week he was more relaxed as Wifey was sad and really didn't get out of bed for 3 days although when we were watching the world series he was very active... I guess he's going to be a cubs fan :-).

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? We started and finished painting the baby room Friday/Saturday and really love it.

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions:   Wifey has been feeling nauseous lately, she thinks she's catching a cold, she took a tylenol today.

When's your next appointment?   We are on the every two week appointment schedule now, next appointment is 11/16.

GTKY:  What is your favorite baby purchase/gift so far? (Stolen from Tuesday ticker change)  My wife loves the summer carriage we got as well as the pack and play my brother and sister in law bought for us.  My mother planned a baby shower on Dec 4.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Again sorry for not being as active these past few weeks.

John
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

31 weeks! Baby loves making my pelvic area uncomfortable. I call it bicycle crotch. Feels like I've been riding a bike on a bumpy road for about 6 hours. 

I have my family shower next Sunday so I'm going to try to finish my crochet blanket and elephant and a canvas decoration I'm working on. 

@canavara I feel you on the creepy dreams. Every dream I have had for the last 7 days has basically been me running away from someone or something that wants to kill me. 

@johnnydro sorry to hear about your MIL - it's always tough to lose a parent but especially near the holidays and when you are expecting your first baby. Hugs to you and your wife. 

November 15 - standard two week check 

GTKY:  What is your favorite baby purchase/gift so far? (Stolen from Tuesday ticker change)

oh gosh that's tough. Probably my travel system. I was given a much nicer system than I would have been able to buy myself. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

32 weeks! Baby is ~16 inches long and almost 4 lbs or so. Very early this morning, he was moving in such a rapid, haphazard way, you'd think I was making popcorn in my uterus. 

We decided to stay home and nest today instead of going on an adventure east of us about 2 hours away. I'm wrapping up projects, cleaning, organizing baby clothes, etc. H is wood turning things I requested for thanksgiving dinner (we're hosting -- he's making olive wood napkin rings and candle sticks) and getting a start on Christmas presents. 

I've had some intense pelvic pain and pressure on and off for the past couple of days. Going to call the doctor first thing in the morning, sooner if it gets worse or more frequent. 

Next Thursday. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite baby purchase/gift so far?
    I really love the rug and the art we've picked out for the nursery. Some of the art is new, some is stuff I've had for years, plus photos H and I have taken. It all represents the 6 continents we've each traveled to, and an assortment of beautiful illustrations and ink drawings. Favorite gift --- H wood turned a beautiful baby rattle a few weeks ago while I was away for work. It was the sweetest thing to come home to. 

@canavara YES. 
    I'm used to being very active. I'm looking forward to this baby being out in the real world so we can play and be active together! 

@johnnydro I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.  
  • @canavara So so so looking forward to becoming active again.

@johnnydro I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.

Normally I'm checking in onto Saturdays board but... hello Sunday crew :):) I'm a day late :/

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

31 weeks and I totally had a growth spurt. There is no such thing as bending over to pick something up. If a quarter falls on the ground at the parking meter.. who am I kidding.. I'm still gonna half gymnist half poltergeist my way into grabbing it!!

My mom is visiting from Canada and we are taking birthing classes together since I decided that she will be my unconventional doula she learning how to help me cope when I get into Transitional Labour! Ahhh! And good luck mama.

We also went to the LA Baby show today.. I thought there would be more discounts.. I even prepared my husband that I was coming home to present him with my HUGE baby haul.. only to come home with minimal coupons and a couple disposable breast pads. #Fail

The top of my belly feels like a shelf and not the useful kind that you could rest a soda on.. It digs into me so much that it makes me feel uncomfortable when I sit for a long period of time. 

Every two weeks. So in a week and a half.

My mom bought me an awesome book about Bonding with the baby. Read it loved it!
    31 Weeks- The size of asparagus

We had our second (and last) baby shower today.  This week I need to go through all of the clothes and see if I can/should exchange any for bigger sized clothes.  My family gave us a lot of newborn clothes at our shower two weeks ago, and I'm thinking that she will likely come out close to 7 lbs- so may never fit into them.  

DH's aunt is also a smoker and her gift reeked of smoke.  I just washed all of the clothes with detergent and vinegar in hopes that the smoke smell is gone.  if anyone has any tips of removing smoke smells that won't be too harsh for baby's skin I'd love the advise.

Only the smoke removal question.

Growth scan on the 14th and regular OB appointment on the 15th

My MIL got us the Britax travel system and an extra base.  This was the most expensive thing on our registry and such a relief to not have to buy ourselves.  Other than that I'm a huge fan of bows and headbands with flowers for babies... so I am loving all of the headbands we have received so far. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

Lots of movement and hiccups. 31 weeks. 

Putting together the baby room. 

Insomnia, heartburn! 

Wednesday

diaper genie, breast feeding scarf, 4moms tub and faucet gauge. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

28wks, baby girls moves quite a bit!

Not much yet, have a list of stuff not sure when it will actually get done.

So many BH!

I have a 3hr gdt on fri, then a reg ob on Dec 6th.

Carseats and strollers, so excited to go and show off baby!
  • @LilLynch2015 if the vinegar trick doesn't help, I've found that an extra wash with baking soda helps. And if it's really bad, ANOTHER wash with vinegar. 
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry for your loss @johnnydro
    @canavara omgggg I can't wait to move again!! Touch my toes and work up a sweat (not just from trying to launch myself out of bed) and lace up my running shoes ::wistful::

32 weeks, there should be around 7# of baby in me right now and it sure as hell feels like it. "B" is head down and "A" is transverse and I have 4 little feet kicking my ribs on the right 

Nursery is ALMOST done, just need to clean and hang art and shelves I think. So glad!!

I'm a bummer right now: B definitely dropped and I'm waddling now. My hips are killing me! I'm not quite there yet but I can see the "wall" looming, they're just so heavy and I'm already growing out of my maternity shirts and my back might not survive 10+# of baby! Seriously getting out of our low platform bed is torture. BUT- I love their movements and I'm so excited to meet them, I'm over sharing my body with them but want to keep them in for at least 4 weeks and change.... feeling very contradictory about everything

All day Tuesday- regular weekly OB check in the morning, then over to fetal imaging at the hospital for a BPP and then upstairs to L&D for an NST. 

I have a few favorites... these little matching corduroy mod dresses I bought them, and the car seats are super sharp, the fleece footies with ears on the hoods just KILL me! Does my new car count? Really only bought it for the girls and all their stuff, it's a white Outback and it's beautiful and so big and there's so much room for activities! (Lol) I can't wait for spring to get a BOB on Craigslist to RUN with them! 
  • newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry, one day late! @johnnydro I'm so sorry for your loss. @canavara i feel ya re: exercise with a real sweat. i've gotten to the point where I roll my eyes and get annoyed with H when he tells me about his run and I'm over here feeling like a balloon/beached whale/all of it.

32 weeks! so much movement this past week which is great. i'm pretty sure baby is head down because he seems to get hiccups all the time and they're super low. it's gotta be his butt that is in my rib cage. my bridesmaids dress was very tight this weekend (gotta rock the bump!) and I was literally lopsided--you could see baby hanging out on my right side. everyone thought it was the coolest thing that you could feel a chunk of the baby, but I just find it uncomfortable. i guess it is kinda cool.

zilch, nada, zero, nothing. this week is our SIXTH. yes, you've read that correctly, SIXTH week of house renovations and living with my parents OMFG. i can't believe I was so naive to think that our project would actually finish on schedule. i just wanna nest! i have all my lists though, and H and I are ready to kick it into high gear as soon as we get into our house (hoping end of this week--but I'll believe it when I see it).

rave: it was pretty fun to have all of my friends be able to rub my big pregnant belly on the dance floor this weekend (even though i probably feel worse than them after a weekend of dancing and no sleep and I'm not the hungover one). rant: house renovations/lack of having my own space/not being able to nest + pregnancy hormones has turned into everything making me cry. i'm not a crier. i cried on Saturday for one thing after another just nonstop. i even cried when one of my dogs barked. i also think it has to do with being sleep deprived. 

OB appt on Thursday

my sister gave me a haul of baby stuff a while back, but it's in a box in my basement until the renovation is over. one shower gift came early, though, and it's my baby wrap. it's the only thing we've gotten/the only thing I want that I can't wait to use and wear the baby nonstop. 
  • @johnnydro I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It must be especially hard right now for you guys. You're in my prayers.

@canavara I have been longing to move since April! LOL between the extreme nausea and dizziness I've experienced, walking the dog has been tough! I miss my gym routine :(

32 weeks this week! I can now feel and tell when baby is hiccupping. Which is all the time.

DH will probably be cleaning more junk out of what is to be the nursery. That's all we ever seem to do...and the boxes of books are too heavy for me to move so it's up to him. He's a good guy.

Rants: So. Tired. And my back has been messing with me so much. I just want to have something decent with loads of caffeine in it without feeling guilty or sick to my stomach... :(

Next check next week. Hospital tour on Wednesday. We already did one way back at 13 weeks, but this is a part of our class with the MW, so we're going again. It'll be good to get a refresher and the paper work plus my mom is coming too. I really want her to feel more than safe with our choices because she had such a traumatic first delivery which resulted in the death of my sister.  

Besides necessities, I've bought one thing for Baby (a little lovey with the bunny from I love you to the Moon) and it's cute, but I know I'm going to have more things by the time the shower comes and goes (11/20). I already know someone bought my diaper bag from Amazon and I'm so stoked to see it in person! Our Sunday School leaders gave us a hardly use ergo baby carrier and I am very excited to use that, but I won't know how much I'll love it until I do!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• canavaracanavara member
    edited November 2016
    @LilLynch2015 Oh yikes on the smoke smell! This is probably the most obvious suggestion ever, but have you tried airing them outside in the fresh air for a few hours? Also seconding the baking soda suggestion and I think they make a baby-safe version of Febreeze if it's really stubborn. ETA: link
  • @canavara we live in an apartment, so our outdoor space is limited.  I washed everything she gave us last night and hung it to dry instead of using the dryer.  I didn't smell the smoke this morning, but I am still going to wash everything again when i get home.  I've been a little stuffy- so i'd rather overwash with Dreft and vinegar and baking soda than be missing a slight smoke smell.  But it's great to know about the Febreeze natural- I have sensitive skin myself so this would be great for my clothes and our furniture as well.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18