February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 10/31

2»

Re: Appointments week of 10/31

• @LivingLaVidaGinger I had weight gain issues with my first. They wanted me to gain at least 35 pounds but weren't super pushy about it until I started measuring behind. Baby ended up breaking my water early but was perfectly healthy. I however was anemic and deficient in everything and after having great teeth all my life I got a bunch of cavities. It's not always that easy to just gain weight. 
  • mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited November 2016
    ^^ I was like cantalopes.  

I gained 12 lbs with my first. baby came out healthy as could be but I enfed up having dental issues and I've always been borderline anemic. 

Ds2- gained 25 lbs 

Dd1-20

Dd2-so far 15 but I didn't gain anything until the 20 week mark. never do. 

I'm also an underweight bmi

• Loading the player...
  • @cantalopes24 and @mrsgabus I hate to post weight on here because it can be touchy for some but the OB told me that by the time I'm full term I should reach 150lbs. But when I got bfp I was 103. I think it's unrealistic to ask someone to gain 50% of their body weight now matter what their weight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cantalopes24 and @mrsgabus I hate to post weight on here because it can be touchy for some but the OB told me that by the time I'm full term I should reach 150lbs. But when I got bfp I was 103. I think it's unrealistic to ask someone to gain 50% of their body weight now matter what their weight. 
    Wow, that does seem a little unrealistic. I know drinking Ensure type meal replacement shakes as drinks with meals helped. If they haven't been checking you for vitamin deficiencies I would ask them to. Baby will be fine but just make sure you're taking care of yourself.
    I was 103 when I got my bfp. and I'm on number 4. I don't expect to hit over 135. I think 150 is a really high number.  

I'd say as long as you are eating and they have tested you for anemia etc then your fine. defiantly snack as much as possible.