January 2017 Moms

AMA Check in 10/31

Is it ok with people if I make one of these? Haven't heard from my other older moms in a while! How are you guys doing? Issues, questions, comments?  I just set up all the rest of my appts and holy crap that's a lot of scans!! 

Re: AMA Check in 10/31

• I was thinking of starting one if these the other day. Glad you did!

I just turned 35 two weeks ago so I guess it's official now. Although I've been treated as AMA this whole pregnancy. I can definitely feel the difference between this pregnancy and DD's 3 years ago. Way more aches and pains in general. 

I'll be seeing the MFM one more time next week to check my cervix and find out if I need the steroid shots. Then it's back to my OB for the remainder. As much as I'd planned to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy (since it is my last!) I've really NOT enjoyed it at all. With all the complications and anxiety and overall discomfort, I'm just ready to be done. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @LastMango Happy belated bday! I'm with you-this is our final baby, and I'm totally ready for this to be over! my dd is 14 months so I don't know that I feel much different, just tired!
  • Loading the player...
  • I turn 35 next month so they have been treating me as AMA this whole pregnancy. Definitely a difference between this one and carrying twins at 20! Even though it was twins I am more tired this time around and everything hurts when I wake up. That is if I even get to sleep this pregnancy. Hope everyone is doing well.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just had a birthday too! I turned 39 at the beginning of the month. I have so much back pain, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it another 12 weeks. I have 2 more scans with MFM and I guess I need to see a hematologist to switch to Heparin from Lovonox shots. I like to refer to my pregnancy as a geriatric pregnancy! Ha!! 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • so stupid quaetion i'm sure but what doctor is MFM?
  • Has anyone been through the weekly scans with MFM?  My first pregnancy I wasn't AMA, so didn't have to do it.  This time around I do and not sure what to expect.  Definitely a lot of appointments between the MFM and my OB.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 37 about to be 38 in dec and doing ok. 8' now 30wks along and feeling uncomfortable. Sleeping is definitely harder, I snore horribly and even wake myself up from it. Baby is growing well and I go to the dr every 3 weeks now. This is my last baby as dh is getting his vasectomy Thursday. I will have 4 children ages 16, 7 & 5 plus baby and I had 2 miscarriages last year.  This pregnancy has been much harder than any of my others but I'm  not sure if it's age or fear after the miscarriages. I am very tired and nap almost daily. 
    I hope you all do well and can't wait to see squishy little babies. 
  • @Parley  it stands for Maternal Fetal Medicine.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another oldie here. :)

I am making it through, but I'm ready for the next 11 weeks to be done with. I feel as big as a house. Everything just feels heavy and hard to move. Working full time and being this age and pregnant just really stinks. 

I haven't had any special care because of my age. I'm just seeing my regular OB. I will have 3 ultrasounds between now and the end of the pregnancy to monitor growth, but they are doing that because my last baby (now 3.5) didn't grow right. 

I also have an annoying cough that I just can't get rid of, and I basically pee a little every time I cough. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.
  • @Teach123 hahaha so true about the peeing!!!
  • Parley said:
    so stupid quaetion i'm sure but what doctor is MFM?
    Maternal Fetal Medicine. I think they deal with high risk pregnancies and AMA moms. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LastMango thanks:) I don't have one, so maybe just for complicated stuff. 
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited November 2016
    @susykat77 good to see you over here, I didn't think many of us ventured over here! I hope you don't have to switch to lovenox, it hurts sooooo badly!! 

@lastmango are you doing the steroids for lung development? I just got mine this week. They hurt like a 'B' as well!! 

Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @vssbrm I'll find out Monday if I'm getting the steroids depending on my cervix length. Thanks for the heads up! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hey @vssbrm !!!

I've been on Lovonox the whole time unfortunately... but at 36 weeks I'll switch to heparin. 

Why are are you getting a steroid shot so early? I might have missed any recent developments. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @susykat77 I'm sorry, it's so hard to keeps up with everyone! !! (I went back and reread your post, including all the words, I see now that you are hoping to switch!)
    I got the steriod shot early Bc I've been in the hospital twice now when the doc has thought that it was GO time! So as a precaution in case he comes early she wants his lungs developed as much as possible.
    @lastmango good luck! I hope you dont have to get it. Even though it hurts, it was only a few seconds, so it's not THAT bad. 
    The things science can help us with are pretty cool tho!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • lurking - I'm not AMA, but seem to have a lot in common with many of you

@vssbrm at what gestational age did you get your shots?  Did your doctor ever mention getting another before delivery if you do wind up going early?  I got mine at 30.5 when we thought it was a real possibility, but we're going strong a week later (and I am maintaining positivity that we will keep going and going!).  I'm curious if people ever get a "booster" at any point after if baby comes early but not right away.  And at what gestational age the doctors are confident you wouldn't need another shot because baby has actually developed enough.  I'm guessing its probably 32 or more likely 34 weeks, but I'm not sure.  
  • @LoneStar21416 My MFM said they wouldn't give any more steroid shots past 34 weeks. I'll be 31.5 on Monday when I go and if I need them he said it would be the only round I'd receive since they are good for two weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Lurking LoneStar21416 said:
    lurking - I'm not AMA, but seem to have a lot in common with many of you

@vssbrm at what gestational age did you get your shots?  Did your doctor ever mention getting another before delivery if you do wind up going early?  I got mine at 30.5 when we thought it was a real possibility, but we're going strong a week later (and I am maintaining positivity that we will keep going and going!).  I'm curious if people ever get a "booster" at any point after if baby comes early but not right away.  And at what gestational age the doctors are confident you wouldn't need another shot because baby has actually developed enough.  I'm guessing its probably 32 or more likely 34 weeks, but I'm not sure.  
    Lurking as well but I thought I'd chip in. I had my first round of steroid shots at 23 weeks two shots 24 hours apart. Magnesium Sulfate at 25 weeks. They were planning on doing another dose of each at 32 weeks. But since I had to be delivered they did another round of steroid shots for her lungs 2 shots 12 hours apart the afternoon/ middle of the night right before delivery 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited November 2016
    @LoneStar21416 I was 29+3 for the shot. My doc did not mention a booster, but when I see her next I will ask. The way she explained it, it did not seem like there were extras. I will let you know tho.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!