March 2017 Moms

Spooky Monday B-Fest 10/31

dubcompaniondubcompanion member
edited October 2016 in March 2017 Moms
Happy Halloween! Gotta howl it out? Vent here. 

(Here's a Backstreet Boys gif to maybe brighten your day! ;))

Re: Spooky Monday B-Fest 10/31

• Brothers, sisters, everybody siaaaang.

Oh, BSB. 

No real b-fest here, except I still need my son to stop throwing fits every morning when I have to get him dressed. Almost excited to be on a work trip next week so DH can see what it's like to deal with himself in the mornings. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Not really a bitch fest, more just complaining that I have to pass out candy all by myself tonight because DH is out of town AGAIN for work. I think I might have to put a chair near the door so I don't have to keep getting up off the couch every time a kid comes by because its becoming more difficult to get up these days! lol 
  • @Spartanrd4 DH is working late tonight, so I'll be alone too to pass out candy. I don't think we'll get many, since most kids go trick-or-treating in the business district of our town. But I should still be prepared so that we don't look like hermits. I'd almost prefer we were busy, because I'd otherwise just park a chair near the door like you may do!
  • I'm sick, my coughing is killing me.  I'm waiting to hear back from my doc about what I can take. I've got to be able to take my daughter trick r treating tonight , she's been so excited about it.   I hate being sick. Especially since DH comes home tomorrow from his two week work hitch. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @RunBooRun Grrr, dang cat!! I would be livid but also confused since our cats don't normally eat paper. But I know some cats do. Sorry that happened. I'm glad your anatomy scan went really well though!
  • I took my oldest to get new tires put on his car Saturday. I made the appointment online on Friday and assumed everything was fine since I never got a call. We go in Saturday and they tell me the tires I had ordered have been discontinued and the comparable ones are $153 more. I asked why no one called and she insisted they had. Well they hadn't called my number because I hadn't had a call since Thursday. I agree to the new, higher price and we leave. Then she calls to tell us that the alignment is out so I agree to fix that since there's no point in spending $550 on new tires with bad alignment. I ask how long it will take and she says, "Only about 30 minutes. I'll let them know and you can head on up." We get there more than 30 minutes later and the car is still up on the rack. The service manager is shocked that we're there because the car wasn't ready. Apparently, she never told anyone that we wanted the alignment done and were on our way. I explained my displeasure at the whole situation to the service manager who finally agreed to do the alignment for free.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @RunBooRun Grrr, dang cat!! I would be livid but also confused since our cats don't normally eat paper. But I know some cats do. Sorry that happened. I'm glad your anatomy scan went really well though!
    She has pica and will eat plastic bags and cellophane. I should've put them somewhere she couldn't reach them, but it was only 5 minutes and she's not supposed to be on the table!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @DrillSergeantCat that girl should be fired! I would have flipped shit.
  • @DrillSergeantCat that girl should be fired! I would have flipped shit.
    I don't want her fired over it because the service manager claimed he's the one who called. I'll just leave a nice Yelp review.

• @thisisallyson - That really stinks. Our town has no set hours (Why????) even though most other towns do. It's really annoying to deal with teenagers still knocking on the door at 10pm. We shut the lights off after we're done, but some people just don't get it.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @thisisallyson our Halloween started on FRIDAY! There were Trunk or Treats all weekend, Haunt the Zoo started the 26th, and trick or treat is tonight. I remember when Halloween was ONE day and one day only. 

• @RunBooRun oh hell naw! If my porch light is off and someone knocked looking for candy, they'd get the scare of their life when Angry Pregnant Woman answered.

@DrillSergeantCat Strangely, I'm okay with Trunk or Treats because you have to elect to participate and so everyone there is willing. But I agree, back when I was a kid, Halloween was the 31st only. 
  • edited October 2016
    My DD has been boycotting naps lately and it's killing me slowly. I'm currently watching her in the monitor stand up and am listening to her talk and yell for me, but I have no intentions of getting her out of her room. I can't do another day of no nap!!!

Edited for update - she is sleeping!! Whoohooo, now I'm off to go take a nap of my own :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vino831 she sounds insufferable! i hope she doesn't completely ruin vaca for you... is DH helpful in getting her to shut up?
  • vino831 said:

It's finally the huge family breakfast after the wedding. DS is in a lumberjack costume running around with the kiddos. So I give up... mil is holding DS. I put a pink beanie on his head. "Here's your beanie" He takes it off... "oh that's not yours... it's your sisters..!!." 

MIL proclaims loudly - "you just couldn't wait could you?" meaning a trip were taking with them next week. WTH?!?! 

This may seem petty but I.CANT.STAND.HER. After the way she responded to finding out about the pregnancy and 24 hours of her nonstop crap at the wedding... idk how I will make it through this vacation.
    I can't believe you're willing to even TRY a vacation with her. You can tell them details about the baby in any way that you like and she needs to like it. You are a saint.

• disneybaby84disneybaby84 member
    edited November 2016
    @vino831 So sorry you have to put up with the drama. I hear you dealing with her craziness. If she tries to guilt trip you about anything you do parenting or pregnancy, just don't let her see that its getting on your nerves, as hard as it is. You will ruin her day if you don't flip your lid and she looks like the child. And feel free to vent to us during vacation. 
  • @vino831 my god, you are a saint to have the amount of patience you have. That totally sucks about the situation she's constantly putting you in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Both my grandmother and my mother keep making comments about how big I am already....and they just don't get why it bothers me. I mean yes, I know I am carrying twins and am a pretty small framed person, but damn - who wants to be called big! Example - I posted 1 bump picture on facebook, my mother commented on who wanted to take bets on whether or not I would be able to walk by Christmas. UGH!
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Someone at work told me I was the same size (22 weeks) as my co-worker who is almost 40 weeks...gee thanks, let's not take in account that I am twice as big as her in general (I am 5'8 and she's maybe 5'0 and super petite). Everyone shows pregnancy differently, how about we don't compare one another okay? Was super annoyed. 
  • npaulie said:
    And on a side note, I'm going to smack the next person (my own mother included) who says "are you sure you're only having one?" to me. 
    My mom just said this to me yesterday! You'd think for people that have had their own children and have been pregnant, they'd know better! 
  • On the topic of MILs...mine finally came home after a 5 week long gambling trip which caused her to leave our wedding reception 30 minutes after it started and only waited that long because I begged her to stay to dance with her son. So she comes over and H says, "Did you see pictures of baby Norah?" She says, "OH! We have pictures of baby Norah already?" She says this like she's put out that she wasn't invited to the ultrasound. I mean...what did she expect to happen when she was gone for 5 weeks? Was I supposed to somehow pause pregnancy? Put off necessary testing? It's not like we hid the fact that there's a baby on the way.

• @DrillSergeantCat - why would she expect to attend your ultrasounds anyway? Most women only have their DH. If you wanted her there, that's cool, but to assume she'd automatically get an invite is ridiculous on her part.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @RunBooRun we had her and my parents to the AS with our son and my parents were at this one. Had she been in town, she'd have been invited also. So it's literally the fact that she expected nothing to happen for 5 weeks that is ridiculous to me.

• All your MIL sound like nightmares!! I have to say I am very lucky!
  • nicklesbnicklesb member
    edited November 2016
    My FIL & MIL haven't talked to their son in three years because they hate me (because of my religion and political beliefs, not that I ever imposed any of this on them or their son. We have an inter-faith marriage.) When DH reached out to them with the baby news and hoping to meet up with them because he'd be in town., they didn't respond. He sent a reminder a few months later and they wrote back: "The holidays aren't a good time for us. Perhaps later." I said "Since when do they celebrate Dia de los Muertos?" (they're white Americans)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nicklesb I'm sorry, that's really awful of them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ugh @nicklesb I'm so sorry.  That's so wrong.  :(
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • A little late to the B fest but whatevs. My aunt (mom's sister) whom I love and adore is about to get blocked on my email. She never married or had children and she's been single since literally as long as I've been alive or longer and I'm 35. She really has a good heart and will drop anything to be there for family, so I know she has the best of intentions; but the thing is she's a major conspiracy theorist. She religiously listens to Alex Jones, a guy with a radio show and website that other conspiracy theorists tend to listen to, and she goes by everything he says like it's the gospel. She's a Trump supporter (which I am NOT and very vocal about) and she'll send me emails with links to stories about what a great person he is and all kinds of crap. Look, if you want to vote for Trump that's certainly your right but please don't fill my inbox with his propaganda. She wouldn't like it if I sent her Hillary stuff. I've let her know numerous times that she needs to stop sending me stuff because it legit pisses me off. The last straw though was she sent me an email this morning with anti-vax stuff. Again, if you choose not to vaccinate that's between you and your SO, but I am pro vaccines and she knows this. She sends me this stuff not to tick me off but because she's genuinely worried. If Alex Jones says vaccines causes autism, then it must be true. This is the same asshole that believes that the Sandy Hook shootings were a hoax and thinks that Michelle Obama is really a man. Yeah, sure I won't be taking medical advice from that guy anytime soon. 
  • @longliveregina maybe it makes me a bitch, but I'd do exactly what you suggested. Every. Single. Time.

• mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited November 2016
    @longliveregina AGREED! Don't even include a written response, just reply with the article  :D

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• I have 4 people who owe me large sums of money. Half family, half friends. I don't want to press the issue but the money could be used for my baby items. You would think they would just offer it once they find out your family is expanding but nope. So today I contacted 3 of them for collection. One already tried to say they owe me a lesser amount which I won't even let get me upset and I'm just going to pick it up. Still haven't heard from the others. It sucks to do this right before he holidays but time has been a ticking and it totals thousands. I don't have time to be nice anymore. 
  • @mcdonald-bailey I'm sorry-that sucks and puts you in a difficult situation. I hope they all can settle their tabs soon without any extra work on your end!