February 2017 Moms
Options

Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

124»

Re: Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

• Options
    AfKash said:
    I get super annoyed when I have to get up to pee within an hour of my alarm going off. It takes me a little bit to fall back asleep and then I have to get right back up to get ready for work.  This happened this morning.  I was very groggy. 
    Preach! This has happened to me the last couple of mornings(when I've had to be up at 4:30am), it's awful!
    I think, THINK I've started to feel the baby move now. I felt something that seemed a lot like kicking last night and tonight and it seems like it was in the right spot. The only thing is I'm just almost at 24 weeks pregnant and it seemed too strong for what I've been hearing about this time of pregnancy. Like, I've read other women this far along only feel butterflies still, and this I could feel on the outside of my stomach. Isn't the baby still too small? I'm thinking it's just muscle contractions and twitching. I dunno, I feel kind of lost, I want to be excited, but at the same time I'm freaked out it's all in my head.
  • Options
    I'm hungry for second dinner but I'm supposed to be sleeping. What to do , what to do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BeckS13 It's not all in your head! I'm about as far along as you and I feel distinct kicks now. My husband was actually able to feel one on the outside of my stomach the other night too!
  • Options
    lfrank12 said:
    @BeckS13 It's not all in your head! I'm about as far along as you and I feel distinct kicks now. My husband was actually able to feel one on the outside of my stomach the other night too!
    Okay, that makes me feel better and definitely more excited now :)
  • Options
    @BeckS13 that's definitely what mine feel like! I am 24 weeks and I can feel them from the outside and every once in a while I can see them! I would be willing to bet that's what you're feeling and that's how I describe them- muscle twitches but in a small area. I have never felt butterflies! 
  • Options
    lfrank12 said:
    Ditto! 24 weeks is when I started feeling distinct kicks. 25 wks today and now I feel her every day!
  • Options
    homemake said:
    I'm hungry for second dinner but I'm supposed to be sleeping. What to do , what to do. 
    I'm having second dinner as I type this. It's the most important meal of my day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BeckS13 I'm a FTM and I started feeling strong kicks way earlier than 24 weeks.  

• Options
    It's Saturday and I was looking forward to sleeping in late.  But these Charlie horses are keeping me from doing that.  I found something else that helps when my husband is not around to massage my calves. ....using the blow dryer on low on my calves.  Not sure exactly how it works other than it is probably warming the muscles.  
    Also,  I've had scabs inside my right nostril which keep bleeding.  This is the same side that is causing the whooshing sound in my ear,  still. The doc had told me to keep using Rhinocort to bring down the inflammation, but now I have a wound in there that won't heal.  Catch 22 with steroids.  :neutral:

• Options
    @skiingstark I did that a few weeks ago, so I just went online and bought a Qalo ring on Amazon. I wanna say it was like $16, but they're silicone and made for outdoorsy and active people. A lot of my friends had them in Colorado when we would go on hikes or skiing/boarding and such. They seem to be decent quality and hopefully alleviate the 'I feel naked' sense. I'll let you know how I feel about it on Monday when it arrives! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @TeacherMom2517 I have a Qalo ring too! It does help you feel less naked. Also it's stretchy, so if you keep swelling it looks like it would be easy to cut off (and not feel bad because it only cost $16) 
  • Options
    With my son, I was swollen already at this point in the pregnancy. It only got worse with time (I gave birth at the end of August, ughhhh) so I think it was mostly due to humidity. Considering we're heading into the winter months, I've been lucky so far... I'm hoping it stays this way as long as possible but meh, I might be prone to it as well so I think I may start swelling towards the holidays or in the last month before EDD in the least.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14