October 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC Nov 4th

Let's hear them ladies ! sorry, I have no idea how to post a cool gif to go with this....

Re: FFFC Nov 4th

• Options
    as of yesterday Abigail was 4 weeks old and I let her sleep on her tummy all night. 
    Second confession - She sleeps in our bed with us. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Johnny sleeps on his tummy at night. We're lucky to get 2 hours sleep on his back. He's slept for an 8 hour stretch before on his stomach... he's just more comfortable that way. He can turn his head with no problems so I don't see the issue really.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @allythekid 8 HOURS! Dang. She still wakes up like every 3 hours to nurse but its quick and easy and she goes right back to sleep. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    I've been graced with a baby who loves his sleep... or maybe it's just the phenobarbital doping him up and knocking him out. Either way, he sleeps well during the night usually.
  • Options
    maf9866maf9866 member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry, I know I've complained about this before: I hate breastfeeding.

I feel like it absorbs my entire life. She will eat for like an hour but if I would give her a bottle it would only be a couple of minutes. I also don't like not being able to invite friends to meet the baby because she eats so often and so long that if they would come over I would have to go in a different room to feed her for most of their visit. 

Im producing enough but can't pump enough so that isn't an option and (although I know it's not really up to him) my dh would be upset if I stopped BF since I am physically able to this time. He got upset each of the three times I gave her 2 oz of formula at night when I felt empty but she was still hungry. 

Eta: so as of now I am not stopping but I just need to vent/complain. I know some people love it and I feel bad complaining since some people wanted to breastfeed and couldn't. It's just personally not something I enjoy. 
  • Options
    @maf9866 I wouldn't enjoy it in your situation either... I'm sure many women enjoy it regardless of circumstance, but I think those who enjoy it the most are women who have babies that are quick, efficient eaters, and probably don't feel like they're being pressured into being a milk machine by their DH. 
    Don't feel bad, we are all entitled to our own opinions and feelings. I don't particularly enjoy BFing either for the reason of it being SO time consuming as well. There are just so many other things I could get done if those 45 minutes were cut down to 10. I also got some static about it from FI, which honestly just made me resentful towards it instead of just feeling tired and obligated. I understand where you're coming from.
  • Options
    @maf9866 I'm not loving breastfeeding either. LO can't latch without the nipple shield- and with the nipple shield he leaks milk everywhere- so I end up drench. I've had two different opinions on lip and tongue ties but at this point I just don't even want to put the work in to breastfeed. I can't spend 10 weeks trying to make it work to just go back to work. And I still have to pump with the nipple shield so it's BF, offer bottle and then pump. I just can't do it. 

I am EPing now and hate it as well. I was planning on stopping at his due date- well introducing formula and cutting down the pump sessions bc my supply is so good. I've had to pump since day one. 

I feel like like an asshole for wanting to quit.and I'm scared formula is going to be an issue with him like it was for DS1 and I feel bad bc he's early. But do just don't think I am cut out for this.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid- exactly!! The feeling obligated drains me. I'm sure I'd have my own mom guilt that would keep me BF for awhile but I do hate feeling obligated. 

@serenaxo84- I definitely feel like an asshole too, especially with there really being no reason to stop. But I'm in a slightly similar situation because I'm doing all this feeding and now trying (unsuccessfully) to pump but come January, I'm hoping to go back to work full time instead of just 3 hours a day that I did before my maternity leave. So I feel like I'm putting myself through this just to have to stop when I go to work. 
  • Options
    Another confession (NBR) I don't have my license. I hate telling people that because it's super embarrassing but I HATE driving. I have such anxiety issues with driving that I've avoided it. Thank goodness my dh and mom are kind of enablers. 
  • Options
    I'm happy that that the Warriors balled on the Thunder... only because I am ashamed of how Oklahoma (and Westbrook especially) have treated KD since he left. He made a choice to advance his career, apparently a good one at that, and I think the Thunder needed to be humbled.
  • Options
    @maf9866 I'm not a big fan of being a dairy cow either. DD was in thee NICU for 6 weeks and I was only able to ppump. she had a really hard time trying to latch on and I ccouldn't handle 2 or 3 people in my personal space trying to help her latch on, grabbing at my boobs and leaning over me. after eeverything DH and I went through to get pregnant, tthe needing to be closely monitored and then delivering early, I was over people touching me. Anyway, the point of my story is I hate my breast pump, i hate it when my boobs feel full, I hate it when they leak and get my shirt wet if I don't feel like wearing a bra. I want to stop and just use formula but then I feel guilty. I would have a hard time with DH giving me crap about it though. you are a tough girl for handling all this!
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I slept with the baby in the recliner last night because it was the only way she would stop crying. she loves to be on her stomach, now I'm really curious if she would sleep better like that....

@AllyTheKid 8hrs! I'm so jealous! this little girl on a good night sleeps 3hrs at a time !
  • Options
    @kmolleltz and @AllyTheKid - I've had her sleeping in the rock and play instead of her bassinet just to get some sleep, even though our pediatrician warned us that it's not technically considered "safe sleep."  We couldn't do another night fighting to get her to sleep in the bassinet. 

@maf9866 - I also am not a huge fan of breastfeeding.  I like the feeding her parts, but not the feeling like I can't leave her for very long (she eats every 2 hours exactly during the day).  I HATE pumping. I just keep telling myself that switching to formula would come with its own annoyances.  
  • Options
    I overall love breastfeeding. I wasn't able to do it with my first. However she has entered a phase where if she's awake and near me she needs to have a boob in her mouth. It's definitely a big reason we haven't had many people over yet
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    another confession: i didnt realize so many people wont nurse with people over.... its your house 

but i guess im just super lucky in some ways to be in a country where breastfeeding is still so normalized
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @depineta If she turns her head well, and doesn't smother herself during tummy time, my unprofessional opinion is that she could likely sleep on her tummy with no issues. Once again, unprofessional opinion. Johnny does great on his tummy, he hates back sleeping and hates being swaddled so this works for him.
  • Options
    DH was originally staying home for 3 weeks. Then he decided to take an additional 6 weeks off to stay home with me. I appreciate that he takes the other kids to and from daycare and school but I wish he would have just gone back to work. I do 95% of baby caring and still find time to cook and clean. It irks me coming down for food and he's relaxing on the couch while I just spent an hour trying to put LO down for a nap.
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    another confession: i didnt realize so many people wont nurse with people over.... its your house 

but i guess im just super lucky in some ways to be in a country where breastfeeding is still so normalized
    I will breastfeed (using a blanket to cover most of me) while my sisters or mom is over but everyone else I just don't feel comfortable. But to be fair, I am a very ... shy?... body person. I don't wear shorts, I barely like to wear tank tops, etc. I barely like to be naked during sex and almost always have the blanket on! 
  • Options
    @vanessa11411 that's kind of annoying!! It seems like he decided it was a good excuse for some time off for himself rather then for you too.

i get annoyed when my husband tells me he needs time to relax (in where is my time?) but at least he waits until both girls are asleep before he takes that time. 
  • Options
    @maf9866 I'm not a big fan of being a dairy cow either. DD was in thee NICU for 6 weeks and I was only able to ppump. she had a really hard time trying to latch on and I ccouldn't handle 2 or 3 people in my personal space trying to help her latch on, grabbing at my boobs and leaning over me. after eeverything DH and I went through to get pregnant, tthe needing to be closely monitored and then delivering early, I was over people touching me. Anyway, the point of my story is I hate my breast pump, i hate it when my boobs feel full, I hate it when they leak and get my shirt wet if I don't feel like wearing a bra. I want to stop and just use formula but then I feel guilty. I would have a hard time with DH giving me crap about it though. you are a tough girl for handling all this!
    I'm sorry about your nicu stay. Oh man all those people touching me would push me over the edge.  My pump and I have a hate/hate relationship! I hate having to be attached to it and it refuses to really let me collect anything. But the guilt is real!!
  • Options
    @maf9866 I consider myself to be very modest but going in for me c/s and having to be completely naked in front of so many people for so long I think really has helped my bfing.... even if it was terribly anxiety inducing at the time. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    I have a love hate relationship with BF. I love the closeness it gives Robert and me, but at the same time i feel like a dairy cow. He's going through a growth spurt  and wants to eat nearly every hour for twenty to thirty minutes. My breasts are so sore. it was so nice to have FI give him a bottle yesterday evening while i had a few minutes to myself. 

Second  confession: i feel terrible  because i never did well with people being in my space. The last few nights  when Robert has been attached to the boob i got so frustrated because he was invading my space. Any other time i don't wanna put him down. 

• Options
    I'd rather sleep than have alone QT with DH. As soon as CJ gets her 830 or 9pm feed, I'm going to bed. DH encourages this though, so I can get my rest. he feeds her a bottle at 1130 or midnight. It's nice they get some daddy daughter time during her non fussy hours. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Another not a big fan of breastfeeding. Our problems made it more stressful and less convenient than I imagined. I'm sure formula would have its own problems. While I'm sure I'd balk at going out and buying formula, it's a little annoying to have the stash of samples just sitting in my cabinet and think we could just pop open one of those ready-to-feed bottles and give my boobs (and arms, and back, and butt which goes numb after a while...) a rest. I also feel less like I commune with the baby while she's breastfeeding - she's staring at my boob, not my face.

Confession... my husband has some vaccine fear and I may have inadvertently given him the idea that breastfeeding was a preventative of some of the problems he's afraid of and therefore kind of need to stick with it for his peace of mind. Baby WILL be vaccinated, he just wants to do fewer at one go and make sure she is well within the age and weight range.

• Options
    @rainmira9e we spaced our vaccines a bit because DS1 gets a skin reaction so we only do one at a time and then a few weeks later go back again. 
  • Options
    @serenaxo84 How did you find that out?

• Options
    maf9866 said:
    I'm sorry about your nicu stay. Oh man all those people touching me would push me over the edge.  My pump and I have a hate/hate relationship! I hate having to be attached to it and it refuses to really let me collect anything. But the guilt is real!!
    I'm thinking about bedazzling mine. make it more fun..
  • Options
    @rainmira9e he has super sensitive skin and after every shot he gets a atopic rash in the spot of the vaccine. I had him tested and we can't figure out what it is so we just decided to space them a bit.
  • Options
    @kennelchick omg too funny
  • Options
    maf9866 said:
    I'm thinking about bedazzling mine. make it more fun..
    Ha!