October 2016 Moms

Belated TMI Tuesday 11.01.2016

Re: Belated TMI Tuesday 11.01.2016

• Still not pooping on the reg after my csection. I was a multiple times per day pooper. Now I'm lucky to go every three days. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Still not pooping on the reg after my csection. I was a multiple times per day pooper. Now I'm lucky to go every three days. 
    I'm not either. It's getting annoying. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 and when I do have to go, it's like all of a sudden and extremely urgent!  I had to stop in the middle of a nursing session, hand the baby to my mom, and run to the bathroom. It had been three days, why did my body decide it couldn't wait five more minutes!
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Pretty sure my first poop weighed more than my 5 lb baby! 

And that leads to the fact that my hemroids awful. Having some seriously white knuckle bathroom sessions. 

• @chriscasey33 Same here with the urgency! When I have to go, I have to go NOW! There's been a few times that I didn't think I'd make it in time, luckily I've just made it. 
  • I can't make myself use the catheter. I need to badly but my hold it in instinct is too strong!

• @ByeBabyBunting Get a tube of RectiCare (or the new generic version which is just as good) from Walgreens, ASAP. This stuff is pricey, but it is worth every penny and has changed the life. In the bathroom at least. I have wicked 'roids, and was often quite constipated, which led to me feeling like I was giving birth to a cactus through my an us everytime I went to poop. Needless to say, it was horrid to the extreme and I would sit there in tears hating my life.
    THIS STUFF F*CKING HELPED SO MUCH.
    It's 5% lidocaine and numbs the area, making it so much easier and more bearable to poop. Almost completely took my awful pain away. Only missed the internal hemorrhoid, because this can only be applied externally but I'll gladly take what relief I can!
  • As of three days ago I am FINALLY back on my regular poop schedule from before baby was born. It's such a relief. I've never felt so happy about pooping. 

For you ladies who aren't there yet, there is hope! haha
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Especially for those who are BF, make sure you're staying hydrated! I ended up suffering for a few days because I wasn't keeping up with my water intake ugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 That may be part of my problem as well, I don't think I've been drinking enough water. I only went pee once yesterday, last night, and it really made me realize how little I've been drinking.
  • I read that can definitely affect your milk supply as well 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My TMI - after my baby came out and they wiped her out and put her on me, she smelled gross, like blood. I thought... newborn baby smell? Yuck! But after they bathed her, she smelled great - and not just from soap or anything, but her breath was amazing. Unfortunately that amazing breath is a lot less distinct now that she's actually getting fed, making me feel bad about enjoying the baby breath while I was starving her.

• I remember the smell of the placenta... and I can NOT eat bone-in pork chops because they reminds me of that smell.
  • I remember the smell of the placenta... and I can NOT eat bone-in pork chops because they reminds me of that smell.
    Well that's disgusting lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My boobs are hella sore all the time now.  And im so much more gassy than i was while pregnant. 
  • I'm 18 days PP and I'm still bleeding and it's still heavier than any period I've ever had. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm still bleeding a ton after 3 weeks PP as well, glad to hear others are having the same issue only because I was getting concerned that it wasn't normal to be bleeding this heavily for this long.  
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3

• With DD, I bled for 6 months. Heavy for the first two or three, period-like for another few, spotted the last few =/
    With DS, I bled heavy for a month, spotted for two more.
    With this LO, I am down to light spotting off and on (I'm 5+2 PP). HOORAY. That is likely because I successfully COMPLETELY delivered the placenta.
  • @AllyTheKid I hope you meant 6 weeks, not months! 
    DD 10/19/2016
  • @chriscasey33 Nope, you read correctly. But with DD, I had quite a bit of trauma and didn't fully deliver the placenta, ended up getting an infection and had to have it sucked out so my experience was far from typical.
  • I'm super sweaty all the time....
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @AllyTheKid yikes!
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Water under the bridge, I am having far better luck this go around!
  • kmolleltz said:
    I'm super sweaty all the time....
    I woke up drenched in sweat last night... I had to completely change. This post baby stuff is so not glamorous  :s
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Cakimmy30 said:
    kmolleltz said:
    I'm super sweaty all the time....
    I woke up drenched in sweat last night... I had to completely change. This post baby stuff is so not glamorous  :s
    It is primarily my boobs and thighs that are soaked in sweat. HAWT.
  • I'm having mad night sweats too. They started in the hospital and haven't stopped. My mom laughed at me and said PP hormones remind her of menopause so I guess we have a little sneak peak into our futures. Lol

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

•   +1 for night sweats, ick!! wonder how long it will last
  • I also have the night sweats and breast milk just everywhere.
  • @serenaxo84 yep, covered in breast milk at all times. 
  • I sleep with a bra and nursing pads in, I can't stand wet clothing so leaking milk everywhere would kill me. But I also HATE wearing a bra to bed, especially with the pads in because they make my nipples itchy and sore =( I can't win to lose.
  • @allythekid I wear a bra and stuff it with a burp cloth (those three fold ones) and still leak everywhere :/ 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • You all make me wonder if my supply is what I think it is or if because she's always latched to me that it doesn't let me have extra but I have only gotten a small spot once... 
  • maf9866 said:
    You all make me wonder if my supply is what I think it is or if because she's always latched to me that it doesn't let me have extra but I have only gotten a small spot once... 
    I wear nursing pads 24/7 but I have only slightly leaked twice. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • edited November 2016
    maf9866 said:
    You all make me wonder if my supply is what I think it is or if because she's always latched to me that it doesn't let me have extra but I have only gotten a small spot once... 
    I only really leak if I'm sleeping for a long period of time. If she's always eating, you might not have a chance to leak. 
    DD 10/19/2016
  • maf9866 said:
    I only really leak if I'm sleeping for a long period of time. If she's always eating, you might not have a chance to leak. 
    This. But I wear nursing pads 24/7 anyway because even minor leakage can drive me insane. My nipples are so incredibly sensitive, once they are slightly damp from a leak they feel like they're freezing and being stabbed or poked with needles =/ not pleasant.
  • @allythekid I wear nipple pads and a bra all the time too. I also hate wearing a bra to sleep.

i don't think I'm leaking much throughout the day cause my pads are never soggy and I track what he eats and how much I pump and I only make a few extra oz above what he consumes a day so I wouldn't say I have an over supply.

also @maf9866 my LC said some people don't leak at all. But if your babe is having enough wet and poppy diapers then they are eating enough.