April 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Because it's been a while! 

Re: WTF Wednesday

• edited November 2016
    The other day I was at a waxing place and brought my stroller in with me. I was laying on one of the tables in an individual room and didn't really have the ability to see my son, which should have been fine bc it's the tiniest fitting-room-size place with just myself and the waxing lady in there.

So I'm lying there and she's telling me how much she loves babies, how she had 8 pregnancies but only one child. We are having a nice conversation and relating on her love of children, despite a language barrier.

Suddenly she goes "I have toy!" and I hear her open a drawer. I asked "what are you giving him?" but couldn't really sit up at that moment.

She responds "no worry, is sterile" and I'm like "huh?" And I sit up despite being covered in wax and see that she's given my son several popsicle sticks (the kind they spread wax with). 

Definitely not a toy, and if you've already handed your baby a spoon you know that the first thing he did was shove them to the back of his mouth and gag himself! She was so offended and kept trying to reason with me when I asked her to take them away from him, too. 

You just don't hand other people's baby's popsicle sticks. Wtf?!
  • My wallet was stolen on the weekend.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just started introducing solids at 6 mos and have been slowly adding new vegetables and fruits to R's repertoire as we ensure she has no adverse reactions. MIL babysits for us and took R to a Halloween party on Monday. While there, MIL let one of her friends feed R a Nilla wafer.
    kids with flags
  • brenlo42 said:
    We just started introducing solids at 6 mos and have been slowly adding new vegetables and fruits to R's repertoire as we ensure she has no adverse reactions. MIL babysits for us and took R to a Halloween party on Monday. While there, MIL let one of her friends feed R a Nilla wafer.
    What's up with in laws and not respecting our food choices? Mine has tried to give my son creme brûlée, marshmallow fluff, and Cuban coffee!
  • brenlo42 said:
    We just started introducing solids at 6 mos and have been slowly adding new vegetables and fruits to R's repertoire as we ensure she has no adverse reactions. MIL babysits for us and took R to a Halloween party on Monday. While there, MIL let one of her friends feed R a Nilla wafer.
    What's up with in laws and not respecting our food choices? Mine has tried to give my son creme brûlée, marshmallow fluff, and Cuban coffee!
    Cuban coffee? That is absurd. MIL stuck an entire grape in DD's mouth the other day because she wanted her to "taste it". First, not your decision what she eats. And secondly, grapes are known choking hazards, so get them out of her mouth!