Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-in Week of 10/31

edited November 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
3. When is your next appointment?
4. Anything else you'd like to share?

@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17
@SanBL EDD 5/3/17
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 BABY BOY!
@Tulumina EDD 5/5/17
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17 BABY GIRL!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17
@ddvj79 EDD 5/25/17
@LSatturo126 EDD 5/25/17
@CeCe8579 EDD 5/26/17
@kelrauh EDD 5/28/17 TWINS!
@crholmstrom EDD 6/1/17
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 BABY GIRL!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17
@bpfeiff1984 EDD 6/9/17
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 TWINS!
@BWhitta EDD 6/16/17
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17
@NatalieGentry EDD 6/21/17
@Nellin EDD 7/7/17

QOTW: At what point (how many weeks) do you plan to start announcing your pregnancy?
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 1st Trimester Check-in Week of 10/31

• Hi, everyone! It's my last week posting in this thread, as I'll be moving on to 2nd tri next week! Looking forward to seeing all of you on the other side. :)

1. I'm 13w3d today, EDD 5/5/16.

2. Nausea, fatigue, heartburn... Still waiting for some of that 2nd tri relief to kick in!

3. Next appointment is just a routine check-up on 11/18. We won't have another u/s until the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks.

4. Happy Halloween, everyone!! 

QOTW: We just started telling people this week. It's exciting to share the news, but to be honest it's been hard for me b/c of my past losses. There is still a part of me that worries I will have to "un-tell" all these people if something goes wrong down the road. I hate feeling that way, but it is just a part of my journey. All I can do is try to stay positive, love my baby, and enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
    I am 10 weeks and 1 day today. My EDD is 5/28
    Week 9 was by far the toughest week for me. I had my first and only day of true vomiting morning sickness. I caught a cold so I am sleeping more hours than I am awake, which is hard when you work full time. I am struggling to make it through the work day without wanting to go home to nap or because I can't focus from not feeling good. 
    I have my first OB appointment on 11/11, this does not include an ultrasound 
    I am struggling with not having an ultrasound in almost two weeks. I want the reassurance that the babies are doing okay. I hope that my OB appointment will make me feel better when she does the doppler on 11/11, but that seems like it is so far away. Anyone else having anxiety from not having ultrasounds?
    QOTW: At what point (how many weeks) do you plan to start announcing your pregnancy?
    Our close family and friends have pretty much known from the beginning because we were open about our IVF journey. My DH is anti-facebook, so I dont know when or if we will announce on there. I have made it clear to everyone we have told that I do not want anything on facebook. If I post anything on facebook, I don't think it will be until we have another ultrasound which would put me out of the first trimester.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @BlueEyedDreamer Congrats on graudating to 2nd tri! I understand your concern with telling people. Just a few people who are close to us know at this point and even the thought have having to tell them about a loss makes me freak out a little bit. You are totally going to go on to have a healthy and successful pregnancy though! I think we all just need to live in the moment and enjoy ourselves without worrying too much about the future.

@kelrauh Even with just a 1 week break in between ultrasounds I get nervous, so I can't imagine how tough it must be to have to wait 2 weeks or even longer. I think after my appointment on Wednesday I might not have another ultrasound for a month! But this is a new office I'm going to so I suppose they may do things differently.

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
    I'm 9+1 today, EDD 6/4/17!

Nausea, exhaustion, food cravings/aversions, gas, constipation, sore/swollen boobs, "pregnancy brain"... the list goes on. Nothing new this week though but the symptoms continue.

Wednesday morning at a new OB office. We'll be meeting with a midwife and I was told that this appointment includes an ultrasound and possibly the doppler as well, which I'm both excited and nervous for!

Sunday will officially be my last day of PIO and oral estrace! As much as stopping the meds cold turkey scares me a little bit.. I can't wait to be med-free. 7 more days, I can do this!

• How far along are you and what is your EDD?  7 weeks today.  6/19/17
    Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Finally my boobs grew a little and have been a little sore off and on.  Some days I have all day nausea and some days it's not bad.  Today I feel good but it usually gets worse in the afternoon.  Oh and bloating to the max.
    3. When is your next appointment?  Wednesday is our first u/s and I'm super nervous.
    4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Just want to get through this u/s and have them find a great heartbeat!  I'm having a really hard time not panicking and just trying not to think about it.  Trying to remind myself that there is nothing I can do about it anyway.
    QOTW:  At what point (how many weeks) do you plan to start announcing your pregnancy?
    Probably around Thanksgiving if everything goes well.  I'll be 10+ weeks.  So far we've only told DH's parents and hushed them up about it.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I know exactly how you feel about going off meds. I was so nervous - but also really happy and relieved, too. You can do it! Just trust that your doctors wouldn't be letting you stop if they didn't think your body was ready to take over!

@kdanjou Wishing you good luck on your ultrasound on Wednesday!

@kelrauh Week 9 was probably the worst for me, too. Here's hoping you are on the road to feeling better now!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 9w4d, 6/1/16

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nausea, no vomiting but significantly more sensitive lately and have gone to the bathroom due to threats of vomit! This weekend I had a nasty headache and it translated to a migraine last night into this morning. It has been relieved a bit but still there. Definitely some bloating, constant hunger, and a hieghtened sense of smell - doesn't help the nausea!

3. When is your next appointment? I went in today to see a CNP, but we only discussed the migraines and how to prevent them. Next Monday is my first regular OB appointment. No ultrasound, but I'm hopeful to hear a heartbeat! I've only had one ultrasound and patience is HARD!

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I never realized how hard pregnancy is! It is kicking my butt! Hoping my symptoms are relieved oh so soon!

QOTW: we are hoping to wait until thanksgiving but as we see good friends we are sharing hear and there. It is fun to share the news with people. It makes it feel more real, otherwise it just feels like I have a nasty chronic illness! Ugh!
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 11w 3 days, 5/19/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Oh boy, I'm jealous of all you who havent had vomiting. I've had nearly daily puking since about week 4-5. Usually only once (tho sometimes more). I'm one of those rare breeds who lost like 7 lbs in the first trimester (though I have some to lose!). Diclegis has helped some. Zofran is better but I'm trying to use it rarely. Also have had a lot of fatigue and sore boobs. And constipation. And insomnia cause it's hard to get comfortable. What a magical time!

3. When is your next appointment? 11/8. Wound up having an emergency appointment last Wednesday cause I had a bit of bleeding going off progesterone (ugh, so scary) but everything looked great (phew!). Taking a smidge of progesterone the next few weeks to calm everything down. Baby has arms and legs now and was dancing around. Oh, and at next appointment I'm getting the Harmony test and I think no u/s. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I second @crholmstrom. Pregnancy has been rough. But, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 

QOTW: I'm bad at keeping mouth shut. Parents were told the day we got a positive blood test. Best local friends were told around week 7-8 (already knew about IVF experience, some guessed! ie, "hey, shouldnt you know by now if it worked or not?" "oh... er... yeah..." or "you havent been drinking at all lately... I think I know what thats about..."). Started telling close friends and close non-immediate family week 10ish. Planning to make official work announcement around week 13-16. I think we may never do a fb announcement, cause those often bummed me out when we were still in the IF trenches, maybe when I'm like extremely huge and someone posts a pic of me, Ill explain.....
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? I am 12 weeks, 5 days today.  EDD 5/10/17 (but that might change to 5/9/17, based on what they told us at our NS US)

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Just fatigue.  A little nausea now and then, but that's about it.

3. When is your next appointment? Tomorrow I go back to my OB.  I forgot to ask some questions at my earlier appointment, so I wrote them down and will hopefully remember to get that paper out when I get there!  I want to let her know my intention to have a C-section, and I want info about bottle feeding (I had bilateral mastectomies), because the massive book of info they gave me says absolutely zip about bottle feeding/formula.  That irritates me, because there are many reasons someone cannot breastfeed and it would be nice to have an idea on what to look for in a formula or how to access donated breast milk, etc. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Went to JoAnns with my mom this past weekend and picked out fabric for a baby blanket.  That was harder than I thought!  I am strongly anti-pink and purple, and am also banning all things jungle or monkey and I'm not a fan of garish colors.  We ended up with a soft buttery yellow minky material for the back, and a cute soft print in grey and the same yellow with colored squares alternating with little animals (rhinos, lions and giraffes).  The animals have soft teal accents on them, so we'll finish the blanket with a matching teal satin binding and teal thread for the quilting.  I'm a fan.  I still have the baby blanket my mom made me--it lives in the cupboard right next to my bed, safely folded inside of a pillow case and only handled with clean hands.

QOTW:  That cat's already out of the bag.  I told/emailed close friends and family once we got our genetic testing back, and sent a link to my blog, which now has an update on it.  Don't plan to ever officially say anything on Facebook, but I'm sure people will figure it out at some point. Obviously, once baby pictures start going up distant acquaintances/family will get a clue!
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @alaaronson I swore I wouldn't to a FB announcement too because of how they made me feel. I'm starting to rethink though, if for no other reason than it will save me having to personally tell so many people. I still haven't decided what to do yet, but I do know there are only a handful of people I feel like calling to share the news. I feel like FB is an easy way to cover everyone else in my life!

• @wifeinraleigh28- girl, I hear you. You don't want to offend anyone by leaving them out. So far, Good enough friends that I see once in a while or talk to over text or email or whatever I've been telling in fits and starts. But, I'm also a big mouth, so there is a chance at like 20 weeks or something I'd fb it cause I couldn't help myself. A friend recently made a statement post where the crux was: "let's not be ashamed of having infertility! By the way I'm pregnant" which I thought was great way of both working to destigmatize IF while getting the word out. I was thinking if I ever do decide to post it would likely be like that. Anyway, you should do whatever you feel! There are no wrong answers.
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? I am 13weeks and 6 days today, EDD 05/03. This is my last week on the 1st Trimester board, moving over to 2nd trimester - OMG, can't believe how quickly time went by... 

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I have been blessed with almost no symptoms. Very tired for weeks 4-11. Very little nausea in the mornings only during week 10 and 11. I am feeling much more energetic already and my belly has popped too - although some of it is bloat for sure!

3. When is your next appointment? This Sunday we will find out if we are expecting a boy or a girl. So excited! The OB suspects a girl, but we will know then for sure. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I somehow wish I had enjoyed the 1st trimester more. I think the worry of losing the pregnancy was all-consuming during most of this trimester, especially when we were diagnosed with vanishing twin at week 8. But I guess it's just normal and I know you ladies are also all going through the same. Hoping we can all relax a bit more in the second tri... but probably not!

QOTD: Most people at work have known for a while now because I had to stop travelling for a while and needed a medical certificate. The rumor spread fast! People started congratulating me everywhere!
    My close family has known about the IVF journey from the beginning, so no "big announcement" there, so there are really only a few friends that don't know yet. I hear you ladies @wifeinraleigh28 and @alaaronson on announcing on FB. I have not yet decided how to handle it. I also remember how much pain I felt every time I saw a post from someone else who announced their pregnancy. I will probably announce it at some stage later on and I will definitely talk about IF and the stigma there still is around it. 
    Have a great week everyone!
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• QOTW: At what point (how many weeks) do you plan to start announcing your pregnancy? My mom, siblings, and a couple friends already know. I'm not planning on making any big announcement until December when I hit 12 weeks. 

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 8 weeks today & 6/13
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Some ole sore boobs
    3. When is your next appointment? 11/10.....my third ultrasound
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I'm finally over my sinus infection that I battled for two flippin weeks. I want to go buy all the baby stuff now, lol. I still can't believe that I'm actually pregnant at times. It still blows my mind. 

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 8w5d | 6/8
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Still just extremely tired and RLP
    3. When is your next appointment? I had my fist OB appointment yesterday. She said my due date base on measurements is closer 6/6 or 6/7 but kept it at 6/8. My next appoint is not for another 4 weeks and my next ultrasound not until I’m 20 weeks. I don’t know what I’m going to do to pass the time!!! Seems so odd not to go in every week. On one hand I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to see the little nugget for a while, but on the other I’m glad to finally be treated like a normal pregnant lady
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I have less than 2 weeks left on my meds! I can’t wait to stop these shots!

QOTW: our parent and siblings know now. Planning to tell the rest of the family on Thanksgiving (I will be 12 weeks thanksgiving day). Although we know the gender, we haven’t told anyone, so contemplating if we will tell everyone that as well. will probably wait as long as possible to tell work and other friends.

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• wifeinraleigh28- My due date has been changed to 6/21 based on my last ultrasound.  I had a feeling it was going to be later, I never know when I ovulate. :)

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 6 weeks and 6 days, EDD 6/21
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Fatigue (slept in until 11am this weekend, I haven't done that since my 20's!!), nausea (no vomiting, dry heaves a couple times), gas, very tender breasts
    3. When is your next appointment? Had my first OB appt today, with history of past miscarriage she wants to do another ultrasound on Thursday (11/3), and another one 11/16 and then I have another OB appt on 11/28
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? Anyone else having spouses that won't how do I say this, PUT OUT?  I mean come on!!  My DF says he knows it won't hurt the baby but every time we do he thinks about a baby being in there.. UGH!!!

QOTW: At what point (how many weeks) do you plan to start announcing your pregnancy? Most of my family and friends know my struggle with infertility and my previous miscarriage so I told them right away. I figured I would need the support either way.  We won't make an official announcement until after 12 weeks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @NatalieGentry I have a feeling my DH is going to be weird about it. I've had zero sex drive in first tri though because I feel so awful (and the sleepgasm I had was so painful) so I haven't even tried. I'm hoping I get it back soon though and then we'll see. But my DH is very weirded out by that too so you are not alone!

Oh and I updated your due date!

• nellin-2nellin-2 member
    edited November 2016
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this side (the success side of IVF forums) and very early in the piece. After years of surgeries and a number of failed monitored cycles we had IFV in September and single embryo FET in October.

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?  4 weeks 4 days - very early! EDD 7th July.
    Nausea if I don't eat very regularly - while I walking the dog tonight I made my SO go into a shop and buy me a snack so I could make it home without dry retching! Gas and large sore breasts.  
    Had my second beta today, third and final in a week and then first scan at 8 weeks! It's going to be a long 3 1/2 weeks! I think I'm going to have to ask them to move it forward a couple of days because my SO can't make it, and that has the added benefit of being sooner! :)

Immediate family already know and I'm sure I'll tell a couple very close friends who I'll need support from if this doesn't work out. I imagine I'll keep work and wider friendship circles in the dark as long as I can, although the end of year parties are going to cause the rumours to fly! :) Assuming everything goes well 2nd tri should be just before Christmas so I should be able to tell people before we break up.
    As for Facebook this isn't even on my radar yet but I do like the idea of acknowledging infertility in this process if we do make a general announcement.

Edited to add EDD
  • Today is our wedding anniversary, and what better way to spend it than going to the OB and hearing our baby's heart beat for the first time?! It was the most beautiful sound and we both cried. And, we finally have a heart rate! 171 bpm! Knowing our little girl is strong and healthy is the best anniversary present ever.

Here she is, measuring 9 weeks, 4 days! The OB has my due date as 6/3/17 (based on LMP) but I'm going to keep 6/4/17 (based on FET date of my 5 day embryo).

@Nellin Glad to see you joining us in the 1st tri check-in! I added you to to our list up top! Go to https://www.yourduedate.com and enter in your IVF transfer date to get your exact due date :)

• @wifeinraleigh28 thanks for the calculator - according to that I shouldn't be telling people till the 6th of January (week 14)! 
  • @Nellin I think a lot of people start telling once they hit 12 weeks! I know not technically 2nd tri yet but definitely past the iffy period! What is your due date?

• Just wanted to update that we saw a beautiful heartbeat of 151 yesterday at our u/s, and baby is measuring on time.  We are so happy and relieved!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @alaaronson and @wifeinraleigh28 I am in the same boat about not wanting to post to FB. It was hard for me after my mc and IF to see all the posts where if we had been lucky would have been before them so DH and I decided to just send out our announcement with our Christmas card and then word of mouth will tell everyone else. 
  • nellin-2nellin-2 member
    edited November 2016
    Just when I was getting my head around all the IVF lingo now I'm clueless again! :P @wifeinraleigh28 EDD: 7th July! :)