December 2016 Moms

Moms with Toddlers - 10.31.16

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? 

How are you planning to moderate your toddler's Halloween candy? 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What "big gift" is your toddler getting this year?  What's going in their stockings? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 10.31.16

• How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week?  Pretty good. Getting more and more nervous about how we are going to do things when I go into labor.

How are you planning to moderate your toddler's Halloween candy? He won't have any because we aren't trick or treating-but I would have eaten all of his if we had. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
     I applaud anyone who is having people visit close to LO being born. I just had my dad here, and while it is great to see him he is literally no help whatsoever. He sits on the couch with his phone out asking questions, not looking at DS or interacting with him really, and DH and I are running around doing things as normal but like, with an extra person in the house who doesn't take heed to any of our house norms. He wants to come visit in January because he doesn't want to wait several months to meet LO but what if I am late like last time? then she'll only be like, 3 weeks old if he comes early January? Sorry this is turning into more of a BF than anything, or "Why my Family is Driving Me Crazy" lol. I just need to set boundaries and be more explicit with directions.

Bonus question: What "big gift" is your toddler getting this year?  What's going in their stockings? 
    A chair for the living room that is his size-he keeps trying to sit on random things. Maybe one of those sweet activity cubes. Not sure about stockings though!
  • edited October 2016
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? 
    okay... tired.
    He doesn't get any candy. Never has had it, doesn't know what he's missing - total non-issue. He'll trick or treat this afternoon but won't get any of his loot. He still thinks bananas are the most amazing treats.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I was at my cousin's house yesterday. Me and DS were getting ready to go. I handed him to an adult to just go to the bathroom and in the 90 seconds I was gone, in a garage with 4 adults, he went and got the ant poison and I walked out just as he was spraying his chest. WTF! I ran and grabbed him, rinsed him in the bathroom and then gave him a bath there and another at home.

strider bike. He won't get a stocking this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? 
    Fine.... we're in a big "excuses" phase and my mom guilt (of impending twins) is really affecting me holding down the law! Our normal 10 minute bedtime routine has turned into closer to 30- BLEH.

How are you planning to moderate your toddler's Halloween candy?  Well considering I'm home all day and she's at daycare.... that should take care of most of it :)  but she's just about 3 and is fully aware of candy and sweets being out there (I hid it as long as I could! But I do try to stick to healthier "treats"). I read an article once about being careful about using sweets as a reward (for future healthy eating habits), so If i'm eating something sweet (okay- WHEN I'm eating it these days!!) I'll sometimes give her a tiny piece if I can't hide it. We've taught her to take really tiny bites of treats and are really strict about amount (e.g. "you can have 3 smarties"). I have no idea if this is the right way to go about it but....... sugar is alive and well in our culture and while the rest of her diet is VERY sugar free- I don't want her to later binge on it because she was never allowed to have it... so I'm hoping that moderation is key....

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm LOVING each new stage of life!! It's so awesome and fun to see them grow as people

Trying to figure that out soon- and she really "gets" christmas this year so there's no skimping on it like in years past......... For her stocking- probably some little princess dolls, coloring stuff, trinket type things (she's super into that). excited to see everyone else's ideas!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? I feel like death, but he's keeping me active and being super snuggly and awesome. He is helping to keep me from sitting on my butt all day.

How are you planning to moderate your toddler's Halloween candy? He's got his parent's sweet tooth so we limit when he can have some and how much of it he can have. It's normally a piece and he won't get the whole thing- like he'll get half of a mini hershey bar, or 1 peanut butter cup. He can't have things like nerds or taffy or anything like that, but he's fully aware of what it is and he won't get any if he doesn't eat his dinner. We also limit it if he has had other forms of sugar that day- juice, or whatever.

Rants/Raves/Questions: It's super hard to put together a nursery when your kid is obsessed with tools and fixing things so he's taking the hammers and screwdrivers and trying to do things himself,

Anything you want to add/share?: I love this stage, but the defiance is getting super old.

Not a big gift perse since we won't have a ton of room with all the baby junk out. He's getting a leap TV that I got for a steal plus a game for it, a parking garage, puzzles, books, a buzz lightyear, a doctor's kit from us/Santa. His stocking we always celebrate Saint Nicholas day Dec 6, aka my due date, so he will get a sleeve of matchbox cars, snacks, book, and an ornament in there.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? 
    I'm managing, daddy and his girlfriend decided to teach him it's okay to hit so I stuck Nana on them to tell them what's up. Nana was just as po-ed as me.

I'm going to eat everything sugar loaded for him.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I'm all about trying to coparent but holy cow these two are a couple of immature little (insert your fave adjective).

His big boy twin bed, he got it early this weekend actually. Animal crackers, bubbles, fun small toys and stuffed animals, etc.
    Good! Daddy continues to do most of the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively) so I'm enjoying snuggles and reading and bath time. :)
    He had a sucker and a snickers bar last night after trick or treating. The rest of the candy came to work with mommy this morning. 
    DS is getting a little tykes trampoline! Stocking stuffers will be books, matchbox cars and PJs. 
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? For some reason DD who is 2 and a half thinks it's okay to throw herself on the floor mid tantrum, then goes to put herself in the corner... She's getting there but not quite. If I was actually able to sleep I may be a little more patient but not likely.

How are you planning to moderate your toddler's Halloween candy? I'm not really. It's on top of the fridge and if she wants a piece she can ask for it. I do tell her no if it's before lunch or right before dinner but other than that it's fair game. She walked the neighborhood for it, she earned it. I don't want to be throwing out Halloween candy to make room for Ostara. I pulled out my candy tax already and it's gone.....oops.

Rants/Raves/Questions: If I have to watch Frozen on more time this week I may be seen on the news loosing my mind. There is no letting this go.......

Anything you want to add/share?: I was very please that while trick or treating DD said "Thank you" to almost every person without being prompted. 

Bonus question: What "big gift" is your toddler getting this year?  What's going in their stockings? She is getting a brother for Yule. I did get her a few toys, pjs and other small things but I don't buy her big stuff...that's grandma's job and she has 6 grandmas (3 great). Her stocking will consist of M&Ms, candy canes, hot cocoa mix, a new cup for the car and a puzzle or something small. 

Thank God for Zofran!! I haven't thrown up in 2 weeks and the nausea has significantly decreased, so I feel like I'm doing better at the Whole parenting thing this week. 

Well, my H and I have been eating most of it so there's that. She really has no clue and doesn't ask for it, so I'm not offering it. She did get some Oreos and animal crackers from some neighbors, so we've let her have those treats.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

sleep. Ugh. The radiator in her room makes a LOUD popping noise that wakes her up in fits of terror. She's been in our room off and on (in a PnP because she is the WORST at co-sleeping). We are at our wits end and will be switching bedrooms ASAP. It's going to be inconvenient, but I really want to get back into good sleeping habits before DD2 gets here and we are all effed. 

Its not necessarily "big" but we just picked up this wooden castle at Michaels today. With a coupon it was only $13 and some change and we can paint it to match her playroom. She adores playing with her LP doll house and just overall loves imaginative play, so I think she'LL really like it!