October 2016 Moms

UO Thursday 11.03.2016

My opinion of most "unpopular opinions".

Re: UO Thursday 11.03.2016

• Okay, I usually avoid discussing politics and this election like the plague, but with election day only 5 days away, I feel compelled to announce that I'm voting for Gary Johnson and I don't think it's a wasted vote. 
    You'll never hear from me about this subject again.
  • Okay, I usually avoid discussing politics and this election like the plague, but with election day only 5 days away, I feel compelled to announce that I'm voting for Gary Johnson and I don't think it's a wasted vote. 
    You'll never hear from me about this subject again.
    You and me both. Maybe if more people felt this way a third party could maybe have a chance? Maybe it doesn't make sense really, but it makes sense in my head. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • It makes perfect sense. If everyone who is all like #nevertrump #neverhillary (which is apparently the majority) would just vote third party, one of those candidates would have a heck of a shot. (**cough**vote johnson**cough**)
  • Totally just heard from me again about this subject... haha NOW I'm done! ;)
  • I want to vote but I'm not sure I'll make it out of the house to do it. I've never gone out to vote (either didn't vote or had a mail ballot because I was away at school before). I'm intimidated at the thought of either leaving the baby or taking the baby. I've only gone out to doctor's appointments so far (and not stir crazy because I'm a hermit anyway).

• @RainMira9e I'll save the "it's your duty as an American" lecture, but maybe look into a mail ballot in advance then? Please don't NOT vote!
  • I refuse to babywear. A friend of mine keeps listing reason after reason why i should babywear. To me it just doesn't seem natural. 
  • LGW2015 said:
    Not saying I'm right in my opinion but I view a vote for a third party basically as a vote for Trump. He's a racist, sexist xenophobe and I think it's everyone's duty to make sure he doesn't get elected. And that's all I'll say on the matter :)
     That opinion goes both ways though. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @allythekid I agree it's important. Also I would love to see Texas turn purple. 

• Ahh so I did vote but (this is more of a confession) I didn't have time to research all of the local stuff so I voted based on party and... gender.